watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thee FA Cup

Started by aaronmcguigan, January 03, 2017, 06:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Our FA Cup runs seem to come in seasons when we're actually doing decent and have a bit of confidence about the team. There's probably more to back me up but the last time we won 2 games in a row without a replay was around the europa, maybe year after. They were Peterborough 6-2 and the demolition of spurs in the first half 4-0.

Gast forward to our dreary seasons just passed where last year exiting at the first hurdle at sheff Wednesday,  2015 , playing four games and drawing 3 of them, losing in the fourth round to Sunderland

2014 again 4 matches, that disaster against Sheff Utd and onl getting there through stumbling through 2 Norwich matches

All of the above happened when there wasn't even a shred of optimism around the club. Maybe hopefully we can have turned the corner and we can win a match or 2.

Coyw

dannyboi-ffc

We limped over the line against Blackpool too one year. Karagounis and Richardson scored in the Cottage and Replay so it must have been the sheff utd year under Rene.

I hope we have a good cup run, its always nice being in the draw and having the dream. But with key injuries, players in Africa, players on strike it really is a must play the kids kind of game.

If we get through fantastic but in our current circumstances avoiding injuries and fatigue to our strongest eleven is more important than getting through.

I'd go with 
Betts

Sess
Ream
Madl
Odoi

Parker
Adeniren

Edun
De la torre
LVC

Humphreys.

Its a young team but why not. Anything has got to be better than Sheff Utd. That was a very dark day from the past 18 years or so
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

aaronmcguigan

I agree with the team , maybe get Cauley some game time , either to get the rust off him in case we need him or to get him on the shop window

Twig

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 03, 2017, 06:16:49 PM
We limped over the line against Blackpool too one year. Karagounis and Richardson scored in the Cottage and Replay so it must have been the sheff utd year under Rene.

I hope we have a good cup run, its always nice being in the draw and having the dream. But with key injuries, players in Africa, players on strike it really is a must play the kids kind of game.

If we get through fantastic but in our current circumstances avoiding injuries and fatigue to our strongest eleven is more important than getting through.

I'd go with 
Betts

Sess
Ream
Madl
Odoi

Parker
Adeniren

Edun
De la torre
LVC

Humphreys.

Its a young team but why not. Anything has got to be better than Sheff Utd. That was a very dark day from the past 18 years or so

Actually that's not such a bad back 4.

RaySmith

Yes, we have the strength in depth to still put out a very good team, while resting important first team players.

While we still have  promotion ambitions - and I want the club to have  these - then that should take priority over the Cup, I think.