News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's been our issue with finding a striker?

Started by JoelH5, January 02, 2017, 09:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: jarv on January 03, 2017, 01:50:52 PM
I wonder what the problem is with Rhodes. His scoring record speaks for itself but he often ends up on the bench. He is completely frozen out at the moment and that is with a team that can't score in a brothel.

Strachan says he can't play up on his own, so play 2 up front Gordon. I have seen him come on as sub for Scotland. In the first 10 minutes he created more problems for the opposition than the whole of the rest of the team did for 60 minutes.

I would like to see him at Fulham, a team which creates chances by the bucket load. 049:gif
He does lack pace and Boro has just not worked out for him. I do wonder if the manager there had any say in getting him.

nose

In answer to the OP the board have been the problem as was evident in the Joca rant on radio london.

it is clear the squad is deficient in some areas and we not have been. we play brilliantly but have foolish glaring omissions, the manager has said so but usesd different words and he clearly said people with no experience in running a team or knowing about football have been allowed to overrule him. That is the problem, beginning middle and end.

rhodes may be the answer, he scores goals but would he suit our style? May be worth a try. There are players in the powr leagues desperate for a chance, I would be happy with that, but first touch is essential and pace an added bonus... we need somebody that is also a physical prescence. Like him or otherwise smith occupied dunk, when humphrys came on, dunk overpowered him and went on to get the winner. I am not blaming the lad, rathr he is not quite ready to take on, single handed such experienced defenders.

We are so close, the manager needs to be allowed to purchase the necessary players now, the prize is worth the expenditure.

ThisIsntAJok

Quote from: nose on January 03, 2017, 02:28:13 PM
In answer to the OP the board have been the problem as was evident in the Joca rant on radio london.

it is clear the squad is deficient in some areas and we not have been. we play brilliantly but have foolish glaring omissions, the manager has said so but usesd different words and he clearly said people with no experience in running a team or knowing about football have been allowed to overrule him. That is the problem, beginning middle and end.

rhodes may be the answer, he scores goals but would he suit our style? May be worth a try. There are players in the powr leagues desperate for a chance, I would be happy with that, but first touch is essential and pace an added bonus... we need somebody that is also a physical prescence. Like him or otherwise smith occupied dunk, when humphrys came on, dunk overpowered him and went on to get the winner. I am not blaming the lad, rathr he is not quite ready to take on, single handed such experienced defenders.

We are so close, the manager needs to be allowed to purchase the necessary players now, the prize is worth the expenditure.

I noticed the same thing. With experience Humphrys can definitely do a good job for us. But an experienced physical presence is essential. Speed too.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on January 03, 2017, 10:56:06 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 03, 2017, 09:14:39 AM
I would take Rhodes in an instant, he is one of the pieces of Jigsaw that is missing, and he should be available at a price, we may have to pay if this club is serious about making a genuine attempt for promotion this season, add Ben Marshall, Henri Lansbury and Harry Macguire as the rest of the pieces to complete the Jig Saw and that should be a good January window for us, those 4 would help double our chances of obtaining a top six place. But Fulham will have to move fast to achieve this recruitment. ⚽️
still think we need a keeper to really challange

You could well be right. I have no objection to another Goalkeeper to add to those 4 I suggested. Alex Smithies maybe or Alex MacCarthy to name but two.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

I actually asked ol'Mike Rigg this question this morning. He viewed the message but didn't respond.. Think I may have pissed him off
I was there, standing in the Putney end

westcliff white

Don't see the point personally as nothing to gain, but each to their own
Every day is a Fulham day

The Swan

I agree that we should make a bid for Rhodes. Boro have given Gested from Villa a medical .
They won't want two strikers as Rhodes can't get into the team now.
The Swan