watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wolves Bid For Ross McCormack

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 04, 2017, 01:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Depends on who our otger targets are. He's a goalscorer for sure and good penalty taker. I also felt he always put a shift in.

On the flip side he's not really suited to being a lone striker: not suited to playing with back to goal, not good in the air amd not likely to stay up top as he'll likely drop deep to receive the ball. Still it's better than what we have.

hovewhite

Cant see ross returning ,but im sure if he was still at fulham he would have 9 or 10 goals by now as slav would have used ross to get the maximum return.
Think its more like nugent who arrives than ross.

Take Me Home MAF

Some nonsense posts on here.

A great one is  We are "a better side without Ross", - of course we are a better side, Slavisa has been able to bring in better quality players with more time to train them with his philosophy. Ross can fit the new system, and he would better quality in the 9 position than any of the players we currently have.

The last two seasons we have not had quality like Stefan.J, Aluko, Ayite. Ross was playing with people like Tunnicliffe, Richards, Burn for goodness sake.

Do I want Ross back? Yes, in a heartbeat.

RMC is a better player that Martin and could adapt as a 9,. I would back him to score more goals than CM or Smith. If we had RMC as a 9 on Monday instead of Smith we would have converted our chances and won the game by a 2 goal margin.

All this rubbish about needing big man up top to win headers, the majority of balls we put in the box are our wing backs being threaded through and hitting the ball in the box hard and low. Poachers territory.

There is no doubt Ross would improve us. He would settle immediately and help us push for top 6.

He would give it his all, like he did the last two season to keep us in the Championship.

Pay the loan fee and make it happen Fulham.

RaySmith

Imagine  what we'd be like this season with Ross's goals.

colinwhite

Quote from: toshes mate on January 04, 2017, 03:56:57 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on January 04, 2017, 03:40:26 PM
I can't believe this is still a debate. This debate went on for over a year and in a rare occurrence for a forum debate. We got the answer. We have seen living proof.

This debate is done. We were right....and I rarely say that

+1 from me.
agree with Beds 100 per cent. We have no sspace in the side for people who play their own game .

colinwhite

Quote from: Take Me Home MAF on January 05, 2017, 11:54:36 AM

A great one is  We are "a better side without Ross", - of course we are a better side, Slavisa has been able to bring in better quality players with more time to train them with his philosophy. Ross can fit the new system, and he would better quality in the 9 position than any of the players we currently have.

The last two seasons we have not had quality like Stefan.J, Aluko, Ayite. Ross was playing with people like Tunnicliffe, Richards, Burn for goodness sake.

RMC is a better player that Martin and could adapt as a 9,. I would back him to score more goals than CM or Smith. If we had RMC as a 9 on Monday instead of Smith we would have converted our chances and won the game by a 2 goal margin.

All this rubbish about needing big man up top to win headers, the majority of balls we put in the box are our wing backs being threaded through and hitting the ball in the box hard and low. Poachers territory.

There is no doubt Ross would improve us. He would settle immediately and help us push for top 6.

He would give it his all, like he did the last two season to keep us in the Championship.

Its not about winning headers but about playing a  role in an organised team , positional play and defending from the front.
The lone forward needs physical strength as well as skill to hold the ball up ,and has to have an astute sense of positioning.(martin has this ,smith does not.
No player in our current side has a free role which is what you would have to give Ross. With ross we had to play with 2 up front to accomodate him. granted ,I take your point about the poor players in our side then, but dont think rosswould be suited to playing the ball in a fast moving side with pace. Add to that he we gave him 3 new contracts in 2 seasons and that he is now 30 I say no way ! Liked ross but he is never going to fit into a well organised side as he puts his own needs before the needs of the team , and has constantly done the same at all his previous clubs.

mkras99

Dean Jones (@DeanJonesBR)
1/5/17, 6:42 AM
Heard McCormack is not completely settled at Villa & would be open to a Fulham return if it was possible. Doubt Villa let him leave though

HillingdonFFC

Sorry but if you think McCormack fits in to the way we now play then that is a nonsense.
Huge RM admirer but a massive no from me, he rarely played as out & out striker & with the way we now set up thats exactly what we need. He'd just get in the way of Cairney & Aluko because he likes to roam & drop deep

toshes mate

We are third best scorers in the division without the incriminating defence of last season.  Brighton's front line on Monday was hardly troubling us for long periods of the game while we were creating chances that RM may have got closer to, but there is no guarantee of that.  Ross's game play for Villa has a similar pattern to it as it did here, and he hasn't been prolific or even a satisfactory signing for them.   Yes, we badly need a good striker, more so without Martin, but we do need someone with pace and strength and not necessarily another Martin type and I think we need to gamble in the market because the usual suspects are not really much better than we already have.  I hope our scouts have some prospects already lined up and that the only holdups are down to timing.

hopper

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 05, 2017, 12:45:00 PM

Sorry but if you think McCormack fits in to the way we now play then that is a nonsense.
Huge RM admirer but a massive no from me, he rarely played as out & out striker & with the way we now set up thats exactly what we need. He'd just get in the way of Cairney & Aluko because he likes to roam & drop deep

I'm in the minority to agree with take me home MAF. Ross is clever enough to hold the ball up in tight areas like Martin, and he's more shoot on sight than Martin is as well, which is just what we need. Factor in penalties, free kicks and think we could only be a better side with him in it.

snarks

If Slav thinks he would be an improvement and would fit then that's good enough for me. He doesn't care if it doesn't work out, he is quick enough to decide it doesn't work. (See jozabed and kebano) and has picked up some good players poorly rated elsewhere (Malone), and worked with others who started badly to fit into the way he wants the team to play (johanson).

twang

Quote from: snarks on January 05, 2017, 01:28:46 PM
If Slav thinks he would be an improvement and would fit then that's good enough for me. He doesn't care if it doesn't work out, he is quick enough to decide it doesn't work. (See jozabed and kebano) and has picked up some good players poorly rated elsewhere (Malone), and worked with others who started badly to fit into the way he wants the team to play (johanson).

Exactly this. I fail to see where Ross would fit into our current set up (unless Cairney leaves) but if Ross joins then Jok obviously has a plan and I for one trust that he knows best.

FulhamStu

Not only is McCormacks style not suited but do we really want his wages on a long contract.  Our turn-over these days means to do need to look for good value.  McCormack = good player but poor value as he would cost us a lot of money better spent on more suited players who's value will increase not vanish.

MJG

Holders

If, like in "American football", we could bring a player on for penalties then I could see the point - but, on reflection, I'd rather have Murphy for those anyway. Still.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

Quote from: MJG on January 05, 2017, 02:43:44 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on January 05, 2017, 12:13:16 PM
Imagine  what we'd be like this season with Ross's goals.
14th?

Top six? Those pens converted for a start.

NogoodBoyo

And because I like to repeat myself, here's my view from the other Ross thread:
"As enjoyable as it was watching him score goals for us, it was no fun at all seeing him disrupt the shape and performance of the team along with the poor results that followed.  If there's one thing we learned from both Ross and Berbatov, it's that this is a team game.  Both those players destroyed our teams.
So, 100% no from Nogood.
Nogood "no thanks, no thanks at all, see" Boyo"

Nogood "suggesting to the Mods a merger on this non-acquisition, isit" Boyo

RaySmith

He could have played alongside Martin. How would he be played now by Slavisa?

Surely he could do a job for us. Maybe, maybe not - but isn't it important that we get  someone in quickly who can score, though I'm not saying he's the best option - but if he's available and our other targets aren't?

And aren't all goalscorers selfsh? But I'm sure slavisa would put him in the picture.

Jonaldiniho 88

If we can't get Rhodes or someone of his calibre I would have Ross back. I would expect Slav to speak to Ross before hand and make clear exactly what he expected of him. If Ross wants to drop deep and drop to the wings then he won't fulfill the role we need. If he makes it clear he is willing to play as directed then I think it could work. He surely would be happier and less disruptive (only heard that he was disruptive on here but there is usually no smoke without fire.... Usually) after being a fringe player at villa he may well be willing to be more of a team man. We heavily relied on him, Leeds heavily relied on him and he did what he wanted. Possibly if he sticks to slav's script now we are much less reliant on him he may discover how to be a team player. Too many if's and but's to be first choice in this window but if we can't secure our targets we could do a lot worse.