watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Question about the Cardiff match

Started by HatterDon, January 10, 2017, 02:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HectorWeso

pffrt all keepers are completely hopeless. I'd put Matt Smith in there. He's likely to do as much as he would up front.

Arthur

Quote from: nose on January 10, 2017, 11:47:00 AM
BUT flapped at one cross, just about getting fingers to it but not looking convincing...

Are you referring to the dangerously dipping cross (a corner, if I recall) in the first-half that he came off his line for and stretched to push the ball away to an empty space beyond the back post? If this is the instance you mean, I'd say that was a decent bit of goalkeeping.

davew

He didn't have much to do and can't be blamed for the goal, he is (on past performances) a good enough Championship keeper, but his kicking leaves a lot to desire, perhaps we could play him up front?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

epsomraver

Quote from: Jamie88 on January 10, 2017, 12:15:14 PM
Feels like I am alone in this, but I feel worried with Button in goal, I don't so much with Betts.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

epsomraver

Quote from: westcliff white on January 10, 2017, 12:21:47 PM
I dont think your alone Jamie, many have said the same as you. I do prefer Button myself but it is a close call.

Both "on form" are good shot stoppers, both "on form" have good reactions, Button is better than Betts at commanding his area when on form. If Betts gets a commanding presence and takes control in the box there will be very little or nothing between them, Flowers was good at that himself so I am very hopeful for Betts.

Goalkeepers generally only roate in cup games, which is understandable for me, so even when out of form you generally stick with a keeper and let him work his way through so the understanding with the defence stays the same so to speak, I say generally because high profile signings that are keepers get more attention and then they get dropped, take the liverpool situation for example.

Never seen Button save a penalty or do a really good save, I have with Betts though, says it all for me

westcliff white

Quote from: epsomraver on January 10, 2017, 10:14:24 PM
I dont think your alone Jamie, many have said the same as you. I do prefer Button myself but it is a close call.

Both "on form" are good shot stoppers, both "on form" have good reactions, Button is better than Betts at commanding his area when on form. If Betts gets a commanding presence and takes control in the box there will be very little or nothing between them, Flowers was good at that himself so I am very hopeful for Betts.

Goalkeepers generally only roate in cup games, which is understandable for me, so even when out of form you generally stick with a keeper and let him work his way through so the understanding with the defence stays the same so to speak, I say generally because high profile signings that are keepers get more attention and then they get dropped, take the liverpool situation for example.

Never seen Button save a penalty or do a really good save, I have with Betts though, says it all for me
Not disagreeing with you Epsom, although penalty saves are, for me at least, not something I feel a keeper should be judged upon, they should be scored and if missed it's down to the person asking them, otherwise we have some world class keepers who play aginast us.

It should be noted though that Button has kept more clean sheets this season than we ave I the previous two combined.

For me it is good that we have two decent keepers who can push each other
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on January 10, 2017, 10:25:01 PM

Not disagreeing with you Epsom, although penalty saves are, for me at least, not something I feel a keeper should be judged upon, they should be scored and if missed it's down to the person asking them, otherwise we have some world class keepers who play aginast us.

It should be noted though that Button has kept more clean sheets this season than we ave I the previous two combined.

For me it is good that we have two decent keepers who can push each other
those clean sheets are also down to a much better defence. Was it ipswich who didn't register one shot on goal the other week? That can't be credited to good goal keeping
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ffc2004

He saved one at home against Birmingham

Chutney

We have conceded from weak efforts with button in goal, his shot stopping leaves a lot to be desired and he has cost us points. I would go with betts.
C O Y W

PaulJ123

After seeing Button away at Wolves and Betts at Cardiff, I'd go Betts every day.

The Wolves game was one of the worst goalkeeping performance I've seen live. Felt a lot more secure with Betts in goal, though Cardiff were that bad, I'd have probably looked secure.

Would like to see him given a run of games that's for sure