more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nugent gone too Derby

Started by H4usuallysitting, January 09, 2017, 10:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EJL

Quote from: Woodlawn on January 10, 2017, 01:00:24 PM
I think Martin will go to another championship side on loan,This will satisfy all parties. I don't think he will pull on a Fulham shirt again.
How would that work?

HectorWeso

Quote from: EJL on January 10, 2017, 02:45:31 PM
I think Martin will go to another championship side on loan,This will satisfy all parties. I don't think he will pull on a Fulham shirt again.
How would that work?
It quite literally wouldn't satisfy any party

westcliff white

He cant unless we agree to cancel the loan, but then as he is apparently wanted by Derby, they would be bale to play him.

We cannot loan him to anyone else
Every day is a Fulham day

YoungsBitter

Quote from: FFC73 on January 10, 2017, 01:00:00 PM
I don't get the anti Martin feeling.  He has probably been misadvised and yes he has behaved badly.

To me it is very similar to Ross last January.  That did not stop me supporting Ross and cheering his goals after his 'illness', 'injury', 'whatever' cleared up once Boro signed Rhodes.  Ross scored goals that kept us up.  Martin could score goals that take us to the playoffs or at least make us a better side until May. 

Players come and go.  There have been plenty of players whose attitude I thought was not right.  Long time since I got emotional over whether or not any individual player felt for the shirt like we fans do. 

If Joka wants Martin to play, pick him.  I'll support Martin and the other 10.  Because they will be playing for my team
Thats the most sense from anyone on the subject in two weeks!
I can't understand all the rants about not fit to wear the shirt, never want to see him play again etc - we have played the best football we have seen at the Cottage in years with Martin leading the line and scoring goals. He is guided by his agent, the club and Derby all have very strong commercial interests in resolving this, it's just business not some emotional fairyland where the honour of the badge is all that counts.
I would love to see Martin's goals lead us to the Premiership, who truthfully would not? After all we put up with Zamora, Dempsey and Malbranque all being completely mercenary and in the great Bobby's case put up with his hand to his ear for at least a year and now they are all club treasures.
I hope Jina's strong line persuades Martin's agent that best deal is long term deal with Fulham. Then we all move on.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quark, strangeness and charm

YoungsBitter

I don't get the anti Martin feeling.  He has probably been misadvised and yes he has behaved badly.

To me it is very similar to Ross last January.  That did not stop me supporting Ross and cheering his goals after his 'illness', 'injury', 'whatever' cleared up once Boro signed Rhodes.  Ross scored goals that kept us up.  Martin could score goals that take us to the playoffs or at least make us a better side until May. 

Players come and go.  There have been plenty of players whose attitude I thought was not right.  Long time since I got emotional over whether or not any individual player felt for the shirt like we fans do. 

If Joka wants Martin to play, pick him.  I'll support Martin and the other 10.  Because they will be playing for my team
I can't understand all the rants about not fit to wear the shirt, never want to see him play again etc - we have played the best football we have seen at the Cottage in years with Martin leading the line and scoring goals. He is guided by his agent, the club and Derby all have very strong commercial interests in resolving this, it's just business not some emotional fairyland where the honour of the badge is all that counts.
I would love to see Martin's goals lead us to the Premiership, who truthfully would not? After all we put up with Zamora, Dempsey and Malbranque all being completely mercenary and in the great Bobby's case put up with his hand to his ear for at least a year and now they are all club treasures.
I hope Jina's strong line persuades Martin's agent that best deal is long term deal with Fulham. Then we all move on.....

Quark, strangeness and charm

Fulham1959

It may be a daft question, but does Martin still get paid full-whack ?

If any of us downed tools, we'd be sacked !

gang

Quote from: Fulham1959 on January 10, 2017, 04:05:58 PM
It may be a daft question, but does Martin still get paid full-whack ?

If any of us downed tools, we'd be sacked !

I think he's suspected of feigning injury not going on strike so he would probably be paid until the problem with his fitness is resolved.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 10, 2017, 01:30:17 PM
Millicent Martin just been seen in Bishop's Park.

Sweeping up the leaves.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

I am getting a strong suspicion of a conspiracy by Derby, they don't really want him back but by saying the do he has fallen out with Fulham and not playing. This limits our centre forward options making us a weaker side and they can hopefully pull away from us.

As they now have Nugent perhaps we should send him back to cause some upset in their dressing room and a burden on their salary bill.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: YoungsBitter on January 10, 2017, 03:57:37 PM

Maybe the rants are a little strong but they recognise a real issue caused by the interference of McClaren and Derby, major competitors, not some remote PL club. That is why posters are saying that they doubt that he can play for us again. See:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38480749

We have been playing well but how much is that down to Martin? I may be in a minority but I have been disappointed in him when measured against the £9m price tag.

For me he does not lead the line like Zamora and I don't think he is a goal poacher as good as Dempsey (who was not even an out-and-out striker) to make some comparisons. I am not even sure that he suits our developing style of play which may be different now to the one that Jokanovic had envisaged at the start of the season.

From my understanding the incidents with Zamora, Dempsey, Malbranque and Martin are all different and this one is problematic because of the interference from Derby.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Bill2 on January 10, 2017, 05:51:46 PM
I am getting a strong suspicion of a conspiracy by Derby, they don't really want him back but by saying the do he has fallen out with Fulham and not playing. This limits our centre forward options making us a weaker side and they can hopefully pull away from us.

As they now have Nugent perhaps we should send him back to cause some upset in their dressing room and a burden on their salary bill.

I just think maybe he's had word that we we're not taking up the option to buy, with that Derby say ' Well they dont really want you, we do, come home' . He throws his toys out the pram, and we are where we are today, a big mess. If Mr Brolly had this plan all along, to just stir up shite and unsettle his direct opposition, then it could be a master stroke, albeit a shat one. We just need to dust off and move forward asap, and stop dallying around. Starting with a new statement of intent centre forward please. Tomorrow.