watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Upcoming fixtures

Started by aussierod, January 11, 2017, 04:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussierod

I've just had a look at our upcoming fixtures and I have to admit to being quite hopeful for a strong push up into the top 6 over the next 10 or so rounds (ignoring the rescheduled Reading game). Below are our upcoming fixtures and where they currently place

Rd 26 - Barnsley 8th (H)
Rd 27 - QPR 17th (A)
Rd 28 - Blackburn 22nd (H)
Rd 29 - Burton 21st (A)
Rd 30 - Birmingham 13th (A)
Rd 31 - Wigan 23rd (H)
Rd 32 - Notts Forest 20th (H)
Rd 33 - Bristol City 18th (A)
Rd 34 - Cardiff 19th (A)
Rd 35 - PNE 11th (H)
Rd 36 - Leeds 5th (H)

So in my head, all those games are highly winnable, apart from the 2, maybe 3 slightly more difficult games, so I would hope we could win at least 7 and draw 3 over this period. So with a strong few months, and bedding in a new striker and any new players, surely we'd be in the top 6 come March and then we just need to continue that momentum into the difficult last 10 regular season matches and into the play-offs

Our recent form was giving me hope but I'm now really starting to believe that we'll make the play offs, if we get a minimum of 7 wins over this next 10 match period
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

Twig

I looked these fixtures the other day and had a similar thought.

Slaphead in Qatar

Can't predict anything in this league.

MJG

If we take game 36 as a target how many points do we need to get from our next 12 games (11 listed above plus Reading)

At the moment 6th place is on 42 points from 25 games. using that as an average I would say that 6th will have 60 points (+/- 1pt I predict)

We are 36pts from 24 games

to be 6th we need 24 points from the 12 games. Top 2 form over next 12 games.
Record needed
8-0-4
7-3-2
6-6-0

Now the issue is when you look at the last ten games just to maintain 6th place we would need currently 17 points from those 10.
5-2-3
4-5-1
But its a far harder run of games.

It could be argued that really from the 12 game running coming up we need 25 plus points to give us some breathing space.

Neil D

If only they had told me at school while failing Maths 'O' level that statistics could be so important and interesting...

AnEssexFan

Good post.

Eleven games listed there, plus the reading one not listed makes 12 games. I'd say they're all winnable, but being realistic I'd say we're likely to win 7 or 8, draw 2 or 3 and lose 2? That would give us between 23 and 27 points. Not sure if that'd be enough for a play off spot but it would still be a very good run of results.
@leightonrw07

filham

There are no easy games, the attitude has to be to fully concentrate on one match at a time, cut out defensive errors , take our chances but continue to play in the manner of recent games.
Right now the most important question is can we take three points from Barnsley on Saturday.

ffc73

We got 14 (3-5-3) from those 11 fixtures in the first half of the season. Which is why it is going to be damned hard to break into the playoffs.

Fulham Tup North

Not a pop at Aussierod, but when the hell did we start calling games 'Round 6, Round 7 etc?
Its all very American for me!!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 11, 2017, 10:24:35 PM
Not a pop at Aussierod, but when the hell did we start calling games 'Round 6, Round 7 etc?

Perhaps we should be watching a boxing match of 12 Rounds. Its definately Round pegs in square holes. Or is it Rounds of ammo, or is it meant that the club are going Round in circles.
What goes Round comes Round. Or on the other hand it's a Round of drinks. In that case mines a chaser.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 11, 2017, 10:45:55 PM

Perhaps we should be watching a boxing match of 12 Rounds. Its definately Round pegs in square holes. Or is it Rounds of ammo, or is it meant that the club are going Round in circles.
What goes Round comes Round. Or on the other hand it's a Round of drinks. In that case mines a chaser.

You forgot about a Round of Golf or a Round of Applause!
Dr's do Rounds  and what about a Merry-go-Round?
Just to Round Off you understand!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Neil D on January 11, 2017, 07:50:59 AM
If only they had told me at school while failing Maths 'O' level that statistics could be so important and interesting...

Simple system used by forming average Logarithms and combining 7.5% Cotangents and a light drizzling of Pythagoras.
Some Algebrionic formatting mixed with a touch of pseudopodium, some photosynthesis and a tad of Minims and
Quavers with some Crochets thrown in.
Now Multiply the result by 3.3 and then subtract un petit peu de furlong and an abbreviated Cul De Sac with an Amoeba
of Cosigns.

Bingo - Playoffs
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 11, 2017, 10:58:11 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 11, 2017, 10:45:55 PM

You forgot about a Round of Golf or a Round of Applause!
Dr's do Rounds  and what about a Merry-go-Round?
Just to Round Off you understand!!

In a roundabout way, you are correct.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.