watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Free tickets for rearranged Reading game

Started by f321ffc, January 09, 2017, 06:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banstead White

To a degree of surprise tkts are now available to ST&M for a reduced £20 and Gen sale (already) at £23..
Seems like 1) any renewed tickets may not match the original location and 2) the club are expecting a low take up.....

I was overseas for the first game but can gladly now go to the "replay"......

Happy days
Roysie

Banstead White

Quote from: Southfield White on January 10, 2017, 10:40:42 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 10, 2017, 06:58:35 PM
Quote from: Southfield White on January 10, 2017, 05:13:19 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 09, 2017, 09:00:27 PM
Probably wont go so I've lost out. Brilliant.

I recognise this isnt Fulham's fault. Dont see the difference between claiming a free ticket or a refund. Both amount to the same.

To Reading it's not the same thing.

If they give a refund  then they are losing out on the original match receipts .
A free ticket they wouldn't be giving money back and they have to host the game anyway , and with £20 a ticket originally, I doubt Reading are doing well out of it either.
I don't really think anyone wins in this situation.
Maybe apart from the ones who were too tight to go in the first place and then looking for free tickets off of the fans who can't go now.

I say fair play to Reading for A) making the tickets cheap in the first place and B) for giving free tickets to those who went to the original game .

Had a change of heart over the past few hours and it turns out I'm going lol. When you put it the way you did I agree with you and how its not really anyones fault.

But its still very harsh on those who went given the circumstances weather wise. And now cant make the original. I suppose a few will get tickets and pass them on for a tenner each but if I couldnt go I wouldnt be arsed with the hassle.

I can see a few looking around for freebies now from those who cant go again.

Am glad I've helped change a couple of people's minds
Roysie

MJG

Got my ticket today, its not the same seat unless you ask for it.

Baszab

It is a generous offer to give free replacements .... if you can go

I think it is an unfair contract because at the time of purchase I was not made aware of the terms and conditions - I was not aware of the consequences in the event of abandonment   - therefore I purchased tickets and entered into  a contract without knowing the full facts ...::and in fact the seller has waived terms of purchase  retrospectively. At no time did RFC make any attempt to display or inform their T&Cs

It's now a school night so I have to throw away the cost of my tickets - although I will apply for replacements and maybe give them away

Southfield White

Quote from: Banstead White on January 11, 2017, 11:50:11 AM
Quote from: Southfield White on January 10, 2017, 10:40:42 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 10, 2017, 06:58:35 PM
Quote from: Southfield White on January 10, 2017, 05:13:19 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 09, 2017, 09:00:27 PM
Probably wont go so I've lost out. Brilliant.

I recognise this isnt Fulham's fault. Dont see the difference between claiming a free ticket or a refund. Both amount to the same.

To Reading it's not the same thing.

If they give a refund  then they are losing out on the original match receipts .
A free ticket they wouldn't be giving money back and they have to host the game anyway , and with £20 a ticket originally, I doubt Reading are doing well out of it either.
I don't really think anyone wins in this situation.
Maybe apart from the ones who were too tight to go in the first place and then looking for free tickets off of the fans who can't go now.

I say fair play to Reading for A) making the tickets cheap in the first place and B) for giving free tickets to those who went to the original game .

Had a change of heart over the past few hours and it turns out I'm going lol. When you put it the way you did I agree with you and how its not really anyones fault.

But its still very harsh on those who went given the circumstances weather wise. And now cant make the original. I suppose a few will get tickets and pass them on for a tenner each but if I couldnt go I wouldnt be arsed with the hassle.

I can see a few looking around for freebies now from those who cant go again.

Am glad I've helped change a couple of people's minds

MJG

Quote from: Baszab on January 11, 2017, 12:48:44 PM

I think it is an unfair contract because at the time of purchase I was not made aware of the terms and conditions - I was not aware of the consequences in the event of abandonment   - therefore I purchased tickets and entered into  a contract without knowing the full facts ...::and in fact the seller has waived terms of purchase  retrospectively. At no time did RFC make any attempt to display or inform their T&Cs

It's now a school night so I have to throw away the cost of my tickets - although I will apply for replacements and maybe give them away
Ok so by applying for a replacement you are taking that seat up. If you dont go and dont give them to someone else that space is unable to be sold to another fan.
Now i know its unlikely it will sell out but unless you are 100% going to use that ticket you may be stopping other fans going to the game or at worst being given a seat in a poorer location.

i dont want to cause an argument at all with these comments its just something to think about.

Riversider

What a load of bol****s !
30 minutes at 7p a minute before I even got to speak to someone , then we go through all my previous details of my booking to be told "that's all done for you"
I then kindly ask what Block are the tickets in ? To be told R27 ! Which is the s**t Block above the corner flag next to the away supporters where they stick all the mug punters that have never been to Reading before !
I said you can cancel my order and I'll phone back in a couple of days, she said "R28 is almost sold out, but R27 is empty"
To which I pointed out "yep there's a reason for that "
So now along with others I have to phone back in a couple of days and go through it all again !!
It's Reading that insist that the tickets are sold in order BUT if Fulham had mentioned this on their website plenty of us wouldn't have phoned up today,
So if you don't want R27 and a 30 minute wait on the phone I suggest you wait for a couple of days.

Baszab

On this occasion only  (!) I agree with you - I will apply and go - of course if I can't I will obviously give them away !!

Baszab

Surely football clubs have insurance against matches being abandoned ?

There may be a duty to mitigate loss but keeping everyone in at half time was a bit underhand

Banstead White

Quote from: MJG on January 11, 2017, 01:00:05 PM
Quote from: Baszab on January 11, 2017, 12:48:44 PM

Ok so by applying for a replacement you are taking that seat up. If you dont go and dont give them to someone else that space is unable to be sold to another fan.
Now i know its unlikely it will sell out but unless you are 100% going to use that ticket you may be stopping other fans going to the game or at worst being given a seat in a poorer location.

i dont want to cause an argument at all with these comments its just something to think about.

Not sure they are not selling prev sold tickets though, I had none for first game, (overseas on hols,) booked 3 online in block R29 earlier today no worries.......JMO but if anybody wants one they are available.......

Edit - just realised you wrote ....replace and don't go.....good point..

Cheers
Roysie

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Baszab on January 11, 2017, 01:30:07 PM
Surely football clubs have insurance against matches being abandoned ?

There may be a duty to mitigate loss but keeping everyone in at half time was a bit underhand

Did no one else feel the way the ref blew the half time whistle sounded like full time? I find normally its one whistle for half  time and 3 for full time. This was defo 3 times and tue music couldnt wait to be turned on. I dont care what anyone says, it was done deliberately to keep us there buying. food and drink.

The free ticket is nice but that half time treatment was poor imo. Just to make a bit of money
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Williams Tale

I never heard the whistle for half time , but if i had i would have mentioned it to the ref who i spoke to after the game .

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Williams Tale on January 12, 2017, 09:03:03 AM
I never heard the whistle for half time , but if i had i would have mentioned it to the ref who i spoke to after the game .

It was like the 3 whistles you get for full time. But literally as soon as he put the whistle to his mouth the music came on full blast as if Reading knew it was over but wanted the fans to think otherwise.

Not a big deal now but at the time I wasnt happy. And of course I might well be wrong about it all. But football clubs are clever when it comes to being sneaky so I doubt it.

Must say I was very suprised by the free ticket so fair play to them for that.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

f321ffc

The fact that the Ref and Linesmen nor the Reading team came out after half time, only Fulham players came out and went straight over to thank the fans proves that the game was finished at half time.
We all know that the conditions after half time were the best they had been all night, had the Ref came  out to asses the conditions then I'm sure the game would have continued.
If this had happened we would not be discussing this now
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Williams Tale

When i spoke to the ref he said the police were concerned about crowd safety , the linesmen couldnt see clearly across the pitch and sj wàs saying he wanted the game abandoned but the ffc players wanted to carry on .