https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

McCormack

Started by Tooting legend, January 21, 2017, 03:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 21, 2017, 10:23:32 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 21, 2017, 09:00:47 PM
Funny thing is Ross has now come out and said he couldn't get to training as his gates were stuck and couldn't get car out.. 064.gif

That old one...

I'm going to try it on Monday morning. Off to B&Q in the morning to get some appropriate gates then I have to dig out a hedge, put a dropped kerb in, concrete over the grass, get a car, park it on the new concrete, lock myself in, wait for someone to come round. Easy.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 21, 2017, 09:00:47 PM
Funny thing is Ross has now come out and said he couldn't get to training as his gates were stuck and couldn't get car out.. 064.gif

That old chestnut.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

One Martin Thomas

Leave well  alone. Spent force with an attitude!

davew

HE WON'T BE COMING BACK!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Milo

Daily Star reporting he was spotted at Motspur Park last night..?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Milo on January 21, 2017, 10:53:06 PM

Wasn't his son playing there? Think he was there just as a Dad. Or was he........
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Fulham Tup North

Was he not watching his kid????
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

davew

Don't believe everything you read in the media!!!

davew

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 21, 2017, 11:03:49 PM

Probably you have hit the nail on the head!

The Rock

Not sure he's good enough for us now, but it only takes a little something special to get a player of class on board. I always liked him and Villa seem like they are willing to pay for him to leave. Would be a great back up to Martin.

And in April when he's bagging goals I'll argue to keep Martin.

These are quality players and I'm on board with RM's frustration way before Steve B's sob story. Where's Martin O'Neil? Villa villa villa? Crap yank owners. Maybe we can relate.

Keynsham

Quote from: Statto on January 21, 2017, 11:31:51 PM
We'll know the truth soon enough. I can't believe Slav would bring a player who's unfit and/or has a bad attitude into the current setup. So if we sign him, IMO you can infer from that all this stuff is just Bruce Trying to save face

I couldn't agree anymore with this if I tried.

Woolly Mammoth

There is more chance of me being bitten by a Dinasour than Ross coming back to wear a Fulham shirt again.

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

All this McCormack outburst on the day Villa throw away a 2 goal lead against Preston to put a huge dent in their promotion hopes, how very convenient and a weak attempt to take the heat off after a poor result.

Nero

Quote from: davew on January 21, 2017, 11:05:18 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 21, 2017, 11:03:49 PM

Probably you have hit the nail on the head!

how did he get there thought his gates wouldn't open

aaronmcguigan

Ross always ends up at struggling clubs but to an extent you can argue, with us included, teams build a team around him and the way he wants to him play so yeah he gets a lot of goals but the team suffer. Cardiff, Leeds and ourselves struggled trying to play to his strengths, and leave him free from Criticism.
Back a few years ago, all you needed to do was to have a few strikers who could bag you 20+ goals in the championship and you were there or thereabouts.
Villa this year have taken him but are going more with kodija instead and he's being found out.

Can't say who's right and who's wrong but I would hope, just hope that consistency prevails and our recruitment strategy continues to follow our recent approach of finding players who fit a working system rather than find a great player who needs a system built around him.

Yea we n eed a striker but I think it's been said before, we need a specific type. We have a smash a grab striker , Smith, we have a poacher and a goalgetter, Martin, we have an up and coming learning his trade, Humphrys, and we have a jack of all trades but master of nothing and generally unfavoured Woodrow.    It's obvious we need a goal scorer but a pacy one, a team player one, I can't say who but that's not my job!

Ross is a train who needs tracks built around him . And we, ... we are not a train station

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Newry FFC on January 22, 2017, 02:12:25 AM
Ross always ends up at struggling clubs but to an extent you can argue, with us included, teams build a team around him and the way he wants to him play so yeah he gets a lot of goals but the team suffer. Cardiff, Leeds and ourselves struggled trying to play to his strengths, and leave him free from Criticism.
Back a few years ago, all you needed to do was to have a few strikers who could bag you 20+ goals in the championship and you were there or thereabouts.
Villa this year have taken him but are going more with kodija instead and he's being found out.

Can't say who's right and who's wrong but I would hope, just hope that consistency prevails and our recruitment strategy continues to follow our recent approach of finding players who fit a working system rather than find a great player who needs a system built around him.

Yea we n eed a striker but I think it's been said before, we need a specific type. We have a smash a grab striker , Smith, we have a poacher and a goalgetter, Martin, we have an up and coming learning his trade, Humphrys, and we have a jack of all trades but master of nothing and generally unfavoured Woodrow.    It's obvious we need a goal scorer but a pacy one, a team player one, I can't say who but that's not my job!

Ross is a train who needs tracks built around him . And we, ... we are not a train station

I cannot disagree, you have more or less summed it up. There is a pattern everywhere Ross ends up, no coincidence. But he may have run his string out to the end at Aston Villa.
We are a team this year, cannot see where Ross will benefit us, especially in his state of health added to what is a poor attitude, will see his stock slide, and we have no need to march to the beat of his drum.

Never forget your Roots.

New Kid on the Block

Apparently, it was Rigg who wanted to sell Ross. Slav had planned to build the team around him.

I don't think we should be critical of Ross's 'poor attitude', unless we know for sure that he had one. As far as I was concerned, he always played his heart out for us. I think he would fit into our present style of play.

Snibbo

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on January 22, 2017, 07:23:39 AM
Apparently, it was Rigg who wanted to sell Ross. Slav had planned to build the team around him.

I don't think we should be critical of Ross's 'poor attitude', unless we know for sure that he had one. As far as I was concerned, he always played his heart out for us. I think he would fit into our present style of play.
Where does that information come from?

Doesn't fit in with what Ross said at the time. Quote:

"At the end of last season I had a good conversation with the manager (Slavisa Jokanovic)," he said.

"We knew there were going to be offers coming in and he said if you want to go, let me know early in pre-season and we can come to an agreement.

"That is what happened. I just felt the time was right.

"I had two years there and I was fighting relegation when the plan was to be fighting for promotion.

"I felt the time was right to try something new."

Mince n Tatties

Episode ???

Apparently Villa owner Tony Xia has taken to twitter and told Ross to man up.
He stated we all have problems in our personal life.
Reading full story on the net there are rumours Ross is heading for divorce and has been drinking(this isn't confirmed).
More to this than meets the eye by the sound of it.

Luka

I know a player at villa, Ross told him he wants the move back to Fulham to happen.