https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FST MEETING WITH FFC AT MOTSPUR PARK ON 17TH. JANUARY 2017

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 26, 2017, 12:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on January 26, 2017, 04:18:14 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 26, 2017, 04:10:23 PM
Not going to get into the politics of this thread with whos a member and whos the audience.

Thankyou to those who put a lot of time into this, unfortunately for me and it may only be me. I read all that and am none the wiser. I dont feel the communication ever tells me anything informative because the club tell us what they want us to know. In other words a bit of a waste of time.

Probably why I've never bothered joining. I'll find out what was said either way which is never a lot. I guess thats just modern football clubs for you and is not a pop at the FST.
We follow our members lead with the questions and its always our agenda we go into these meetings with.
We ask the questions get the answers and follow up where we can.
A lot of stuff we are involved in with the club is boring stuff that doesn't make headlines or copy.
I'd say the one thing we have done in last few months is open a very good chain of communication with the ticket office and in conjunction with them have tried to improve the systems in place and get more info. Its not perfect but feel it has been of benefit.

As much as some members want us to pin Alistair to the wall and demand answers to some questions that's just not going to happen.

But by all means I once again request people who want to do that to stand, get elected and then go to a meeting and do that.

As I said there will be a vacancy soon

As I said it wasnt a pop at the FST, nor was I questioning the work you do behind the scenes. But the club will only tell you what the answer they want us to hear. As you say, you cant pin him to the wall and demand the truth.

So in that aspect imo it is pointless. I have no interest in thinking I could do better so the vacant position isnt for me. As I said for me it would be a lot of effort for little gain and I admire you for putting in so much of what I believe to be a waste of time.

I guess its dedication to the fans, so thankyou.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

alfie

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 26, 2017, 04:59:56 PM
Not going to get into the politics of this thread with whos a member and whos the audience.

Thankyou to those who put a lot of time into this, unfortunately for me and it may only be me. I read all that and am none the wiser. I dont feel the communication ever tells me anything informative because the club tell us what they want us to know. In other words a bit of a waste of time.

Probably why I've never bothered joining. I'll find out what was said either way which is never a lot. I guess thats just modern football clubs for you and is not a pop at the FST.
We follow our members lead with the questions and its always our agenda we go into these meetings with.
A lot of stuff we are involved in with the club is boring stuff that doesn't make headlines or copy.
I'd say the one thing we have done in last few months is open a very good chain of communication with the ticket office and in conjunction with them have tried to improve the systems in place and get more info. Its not perfect but feel it has been of benefit.

As much as some members want us to pin Alistair to the wall and demand answers to some questions that's just not going to happen.

But by all means I once again request people who want to do that to stand, get elected and then go to a meeting and do that.

As I said it wasnt a pop at the FST, nor was I questioning the work you do behind the scenes. But the club will only tell you what the answer they want us to hear. As you say, you cant pin him to the wall and demand the truth.

So in that aspect imo it is pointless. I have no interest in thinking I could do better so the vacant position isnt for me. As I said for me it would be a lot of effort for little gain and I admire you for putting in so much of what I believe to be a waste of time.

Dannyb surely this applies to any business, you will only know what they want you to know, it's not just a Fulham thing.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

I have noticed and appreciated better communication from the club  regarding match days - especially away games.

Sometimes it was hard to find out if tickets were available on the day, etc, but now this is a lot better.

I don't know if this was due to FST, but I appreciate the  work they do on our behalf, in at least putting forward fans' concerns, even if satisfactory answers aren't always forthcoming.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: alfie on January 26, 2017, 05:09:40 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 26, 2017, 04:59:56 PM

Dannyb surely this applies to any business, you will only know what they want you to know, it's not just a Fulham thing.

Didnt say it was just Fulham. I've just never felt these reports mention anything I didnt know/assume already.

Also credit where its due, ticket office and the allocation of away tickets has improved so not for a second am I saying the FST doesn't serve a purpose.

Its specifically the meetings and questions that I feel are a waste of time
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Southcoastffc

I don't understand why anyone knocks FST. I'm not a member, but I am aware of it as an organisation (which at least for now I have decided not to join because my interest is not that strong).  I am also aware that it has a web site and if I want to know more about it and its activities/happenings I can freely access that web site.  Members (usually) pay to be in membership of an organisation and  rightly have  privileges, possibly only small ones, that non-members don't.   If you want to complain about or change it - join it!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

MJG

Quote from: RaySmith on January 26, 2017, 05:26:18 PM
I have noticed and appreciated better communication from the club  regarding match days - especially away games.

Sometimes it was hard to find out if tickets were available on the day, etc, but now this is a lot better.

I don't know if this was due to FST, but I appreciate the  work they do on our behalf, in at least putting forward fans' concerns, even if satisfactory answers aren't always forthcoming.
for once I'm going to take credit for this ticketing issue. They have listened and implemented a few things since meeting in November.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on January 26, 2017, 05:53:26 PM
There's enlightening info in there about Rigg, Jokanovic's contract and the transfer selection process, among other things. And surely these meetings are bilateral, ie, it's as much about the club hearing from the fans as the other way around. So certainly not a "waste of time" IMO.

One thing I will say about FST membership however is that the FST, whether it likes it or not, represents all fans, not just its paying members. The club wouldn't give it the time of day if they didn't perceive it to represent the full 20,000 who turn up to games every week. So whilst active members of the FST should be admired, thanked for their efforts and supported where possible, I do think the FST has a very strong obligation to promptly and fully share things like these minutes with all fans, members and non-members. 
but without income from those members it would not run. So to give members at least first sight of minutes is not too much of a thing to ask.
Also I take questions and issues from any Fulham fan and yes we do represent all in our meetings,  but I'll say it again,  we are a membership organisation.