News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

For the Love of God can someone at Fulham FC......

Started by howitis, January 31, 2017, 10:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

please put up their hand and take responsibility for the shambles that is our transfer activity. We never seem to learn from previous mistakes, are notorious for cocking up deals and consistently leaving things too late. Under Khan have we ever just identified a player and made sure that he became ours without driving the negotiation into the floor. Time and time again we seem to either have no clear targets or the few that we show interest in fall by the way side over immaterial amounts of money.
Fulham fans deserve so much better then this. We currently have a main striker who we got on loan at the last minute in the summer who now is desperate to return to his former club. We have sold our 2nd string striker to our neighbours, have loaned out two further back up strikers and now have got 1 single loan in of a player who has no experience in the English game. We have seen Patrick Roberts leave for £12m approx, McCormack depart for £12m. Is it really too much to ask for the club to sign a forward with some pedigree who is proven at this level.
I can only empathise with the frustration that SJ must be feeling. He has already said that he has the current squad of players playing at their maximum. For christ sake show some ambition, support the manager and go and get 2/3 quality players.
I cannot take pleasure that Khan seems like a sensible owner. To me he is a fraud, who promised a new ground and premiership football and has delivered neither.
We the Fulham fans deserve so much better !

nose

i think the conclusion to draw is that mr khan had no desire to make fulham a success and he had no inetion of making any purchases this transfer window.
joca must be a disapointment to the owner because he actually knows what he is doing unlike the previous managers he selected who were all very poor. joca has a chance of doing well but is being totally sabotaged bythe board and owner.

Milo

Really is a sad state of affairs.

However I fear Jokanovic was always going to walk. Why else has there been no contract extension talk? He out of all the managers in the league deserve it on this seasons showing. Only answer is he has declined one and both parties have agreed to keep quiet until the end of the season.

Lack of activity highlights this - do not wish to spend money on a managers signings when he wont be sticking around.

Grim..

davew

Quote from: nose on January 31, 2017, 10:39:09 PM
i think the conclusion to draw is that mr khan had no desire to make fulham a success and he had no inetion of making any purchases this transfer window.
joca must be a disapointment to the owner because he actually knows what he is doing unlike the previous managers he selected who were all very poor. joca has a chance of doing well but is being totally sabotaged bythe board and owner.
Sorry to correct your grammer, SJ had the chance (and took it) and was sabotaged ..... I wish him well in his new position at the end of or before the end of the season!! Thanks for your efforts!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Madman Maddle

Quote from: howitis on January 31, 2017, 10:30:40 PM
please put up their hand and take responsibility for the shambles that is our transfer activity. We never seem to learn from previous mistakes, are notorious for cocking up deals and consistently leaving things too late. Under Khan have we ever just identified a player and made sure that he became ours without driving the negotiation into the floor. Time and time again we seem to either have no clear targets or the few that we show interest in fall by the way side over immaterial amounts of money.
Fulham fans deserve so much better then this. We currently have a main striker who we got on loan at the last minute in the summer who now is desperate to return to his former club. We have sold our 2nd string striker to our neighbours, have loaned out two further back up strikers and now have got 1 single loan in of a player who has no experience in the English game. We have seen Patrick Roberts leave for £12m approx, McCormack depart for £12m. Is it really too much to ask for the club to sign a forward with some pedigree who is proven at this level.
I can only empathise with the frustration that SJ must be feeling. He has already said that he has the current squad of players playing at their maximum. For christ sake show some ambition, support the manager and go and get 2/3 quality players.
I cannot take pleasure that Khan seems like a sensible owner. To me he is a fraud, who promised a new ground and premiership football and has delivered neither.
100% signed

What a shame! Mr Khan RIP - he didn't roll the dice to push for promotion. After the season Slaviša will bolt out, Cairney to Boro, Sessegnon to Tottenham. League One 2018 here we come!

nose

Quote from: davew on January 31, 2017, 10:44:15 PM
Sorry to correct your grammer, SJ had the chance (and took it) and was sabotaged ..... I wish him well in his new position at the end of or before the end of the season!! Thanks for your efforts!!!

we have agreed on everything tonight but i chose my words intentionally because he still has a chance, but is currently being sabotaged....  you have gone a shade further than me and assumed it will go wrong as a result of the sabotage... and i am sure you are right about that but he does in fact still have a chance.

In any event we both seem agreed on the substance. I note the aplogisits have started coming out to defend the club with a party line of that we kept our best players so that's alright. in fact the lack of signings will have served to demoralise them but hey ho no doubt they will be out in force obver the next few days defending the indefensible along with all the mysterious 100ish posters that appear at such times

Woolly Mammoth

As I said on another thread. Khan has pulled the rug under Joks feet. Khan has shown his true colours and it's not Black & White.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: howitis on January 31, 2017, 10:30:40 PM
Too late now for your request to get 2/3 quality players, we had a month to do that and ran out of time!

davew

Quote from: nose on January 31, 2017, 11:41:34 PM
Quote from: davew on January 31, 2017, 10:44:15 PM

we have agreed on everything tonight but i chose my words intentionally because he still has a chance, but is currently being sabotaged....  you have gone a shade further than me and assumed it will go wrong as a result of the sabotage... and i am sure you are right about that but he does in fact still have a chance.

In any event we both seem agreed on the substance. I note the aplogisits have started coming out to defend the club with a party line of that we kept our best players so that's alright. in fact the lack of signings will have served to demoralise them but hey ho no doubt they will be out in force obver the next few days defending the indefensible along with all the mysterious 100ish posters that appear at such times
And we still agree on everything, night!! My glass is definitely 1/2 empty tonight!!!

NJFulham

Slavisa has the most power he'll ever have a football club. Ali Mac is back in charge, so blame him.