watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SJ's contract / transfers

Started by Fulham76, January 31, 2017, 07:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

Just a thought.... I wonder if our complete lack of transfer activity is in anyway related to SJ being out of contract in a few months.

Seems very strange that we're not recruiting at all when we're so close to a play off place, particularly when we appear desperate now we've offloaded all of our forwards.

Could it be that it's already been decided by SJ or the club that his contract won't be renewed in the summer & therefore, don't want to waste money on new players that potentially won't be in the new managers plans??

fulhamben

We are 11th in the league. There are 8 teams closer to the play offs than us.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham76

Quote from: fulhamben on January 31, 2017, 07:20:21 PM

A lot closer to the top than we've been for years

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 31, 2017, 07:29:26 PM

Yes and going backwards.

Woolly Mammoth

I knew we should not have sold Smudger. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham76

Quote from: fulhamben on January 31, 2017, 07:30:28 PM

Yes and going backwards.

Going backwards compared to when, last week? Very true we're a place or 2 lower but compared to last season, the one before & the one before that, things are looking up.

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 31, 2017, 07:33:06 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 31, 2017, 07:30:28 PM

Yes and going backwards.

Going backwards compared to when, last week? Very true we're a place or 2 lower but compared to last season, the one before & the one before that, things are looking up.

compared to the 31st of December. January has been shocking for us. And as yet, we still have no one to prevent mcclarren sabotaging us further

Baszab

What else can you expect from Khan master mind of mismanagement

Buffalo76

We have the world's tightest billionaire as owner. He's got more money than he'll ever need, he can't take it with him, so bloody splash the cash for God's sake  :dft007:

Fulham76

I think we're going to have an issue keeping hold of SJ now!

I doubt any of us would believe that Jokanovic' only target this window was Cyriac.  We all know we need more than that, particularly up front.

Cyriac may well go on to be a top player for us but overall SJ has been let down big time & hasn't been supported by the board at all for some reason.

They'll be a few to argue how difficult it is to make a transfer happen, yet many of our rivals managed it no problem.

I think SJ will be p*ssed right off & we'll have to wait & see how he chooses to react to the total lack of confidence & ambition shown to him by the board.

nose

just to be accurate we are 11th only five teams in our way
and we have creaked trhough lack of squad. a couple of proper signings today and we would have done it in a canter
as it is the owner sat on his hands
we are six points behind derby with a game in hand and nearly half a season to play i would suggest that we are in an eminently good place to manage a top 6 finish

Woolly Mammoth

It's possible to achieve top six but we are going to need a lot going for us including the rub of the green. It's the lack of consistancy that worries me and unforeseen injuries as well as a light weight squad.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

I am just going to enjoy the rest of the season,i think we are stronger than before we have a striker that more likely will be used the same with the midfield in squad numbers with 2 more players also joka has moved on the dead wood in the squad.
I would have liked to see  another CB come in.
As for jokas contract i hope khan gets his finger out along with hischeque book.