watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our managers only comment on recruitment in January

Started by Lighthouse, February 02, 2017, 02:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bracken White

Humphrys, Woodrow, LVC, Tunnicliffe, Smith statues? Sorry, not in my book.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: Bracken White on February 03, 2017, 12:19:27 PM

When was their last meaningful contribution to the team?  You may like them as players and people, they may have their uses, but they just weren't used enough to actually be a material loss.

westcliff white

Tunni - not played for us since October time or there about. Smith - one start since October time i think, plus a couple of sub appearences. Woodrow - some cup appearences other than that similar to Smith.

Humphrys is a youngster who may well turn out to be good for us, but was in my opinion in need a loan spell, as he didnt lok on the pace in his 2 short appearences.

So see no problem with them goiung at all. the manager has prefered Piazon to deputise for Martin so can see why he thought he could let them go.
Every day is a Fulham day

Bracken White

Not statues then? Good. Better than the incumbents? Debatable.
A strong squad is healthy - ours has been diminished by the transfer window, not enhanced; unacceptable when on the brink of a play-off place.
My views from the off - we have what we have ... time now to move on.

ToodlesMcToot

For me, "statues" is a fair metaphor. They were doing next to nothing with the first team and things weren't going to get better for them. They are far more valuable to us when they are playing and developing. SJ, for whatever reason, sees only limited first team minutes in their short term futures if they stay with Fulham. They are in need of far more meaningful minutes than they can get in PL2 and the rare occasion where he is forced to give them playing time.

We were wasting Humphrys and LVC particularly. Honestly believe that Cauley, Tunni and Smith are more likely to be gone in summer than put on a Fulham shirt next season.......IF we are able to keep Slavisa.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Bracken White

Well Smith has gone anyway.
Not seeking this to get out of hand but I was very saddened that we did not take the opportunity to strengthen in the January window, when a couple of quality signings may have helped us achieve play-off status. Although not getting much of a look in and certainly after the departure of Smith, Humphrys may well have had a role as back-up CF. I feel that Jokanovic thought we had one lined up.
I do take the point that we hung on to our trophy players, granted - but am now hoping that SJ may think in terms of being with FFC for the long haul.
With him at the helm we still have a realistic chance of a top six finish.

SG

Whilst I had hoped that we would bring in more players to upgrade the level of the overall squad i think we would have been mad to spend £10m on Rhodes, £15m on Hogan or whatever the fees were. Rhodes has hardly played for a year and Hogan is having one good season. I realise that there were other options out there but it seems to me that the UK players are massively overpriced. We may well have a bargain in Cyriac who knows, time will tell. I also cannot understand the wish to retain Smith. A nice chap by all accounts but never in my opinion an effective footballer at our level in a team playing the way we do.