watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

As it stands 7 teams

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 01, 2017, 10:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

A good post indeed, but Khan wouldn't  have a clue what you are talking about.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: toshes mate on February 02, 2017, 10:38:17 AM
There was something SJ said, when talking about Ryan Sessegnon - that he would be a top star one day and enjoyed working with him, made me think there is a part of the job that he really loves and that is quality.  It also encouraged me to believe that if the Club back him up with a decent contract and a decent transfer business conducted behind the scenes that we could entice him to stick around for a shot at the PL title a la Leicester.  I was also encouraged into feeling SJ believes he has seen his work ethic bear the best harvest perhaps since his Watford days, perhaps better because he has more experience now.  That is why Fulham have so much potential this year.  I was privileged to see Fulham under Malcolm MacDonald and I travelled up to St James' Park to watch the 4-1 defeat they handed out to Newcastle - one the best team displays I have ever seen from a Fulham team.  The current side is not far off the same level although the football methodology has changed in the intervening years.  Fulham can get promotion this season; SJ can be persuaded to stay; Martin couldn't be stomping his feet demanding to stay at the Cottage; we could keep all our best players because they do not want to leave something special, something that only happens once in a player's career.   I have believed in SJ from the start.  He hasn't been swept off his feet by the Owner although he has been treated decently.  Imagine what could happen if Khan suddenly realised the potential of this side - well don't imagine it Shahid, come and watch and enjoy, and, while your at it get that son of yours to understand what beauty is.       

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this post was fantastic.

toshes mate

Quote from: dhowells21 on February 02, 2017, 11:28:35 AM
A shot at the PL title? Are you high?

The only high I am on is the realisation that Fulham are playing the best football I have seen for a long, long time, with some of the best attacking play I have witnessed from a Championship team.  Isn't that enough for you?

dhowells21

Quote from: toshes mate on February 02, 2017, 12:14:45 PM

The only high I am on is the realisation that Fulham are playing the best football I have seen for a long, long time, with some of the best attacking play I have witnessed from a Championship team.  Isn't that enough for you?

Don't get me wrong, absolutely loving it. But gonna need something a lot stronger and lot less legal to think that that's remotely a possibility.

toshes mate

Quote from: dhowells21 on February 02, 2017, 12:22:00 PM

Don't get me wrong, absolutely loving it. But gonna need something a lot stronger and lot less legal to think that that's remotely a possibility.

The title is there to be won, and that means anyone can win it if they are in the PL with a really good team and the best manager there is because he is going to make it happen.  Money isn't everything - look at how many teams spend big and end up with nothing year in, year out.  When it comes together you have every chance if the team believes they can do it.   I love putting romance back into football.

dhowells21

Quote from: toshes mate on February 02, 2017, 12:33:24 PM

The title is there to be won, and that means anyone can win it if they are in the PL with a really good team and the best manager there is because he is going to make it happen.  Money isn't everything - look at how many teams spend big and end up with nothing year in, year out.  When it comes together you have every chance if the team believes they can do it.   I love putting romance back into football.

Personally think you're absolutely insane to even entertain such a thought. But I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

toshes mate

Quote from: dhowells21 on February 02, 2017, 12:43:50 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on February 02, 2017, 12:33:24 PM

Personally think you're absolutely insane to even entertain such a thought. But I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

I am absolutely insane and so are we all my friend.

HV71

All fans of all clubs live off hope  - most want some sense of ambition. Without these things and a healthy dose of romance enhanced with the permission to dream -  there would be no point . we are on the edge of something worth dreaming about. Toshes mate put it beautifully - lets hope some of it comes off - I don't want to consider the alternative ( neither should Khan )

Woolly Mammoth

What's this I hear. We cannot have this kind of positive, inspirational, romantic and ambitious gossip on here. What if Mr Khan found out. Have you any idea of the implications surrounding your aspirations. What would happen if Mr Khan, or his son, or his sons best mate were to hear of this loose talk, this whole episode can only result in dire consequences for any loyal supporter found guilty as charged.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

After last night I'd say its 5 after 1 space.
If Huddersfield continue with just with there own average points per game we would need to win 8 in a row to catch them.
I dont think Preston are really in the race.

Carborundum

Quote from: toshes mate on February 02, 2017, 10:38:17 AM
There was something SJ said, when talking about Ryan Sessegnon - that he would be a top star one day and enjoyed working with him, made me think there is a part of the job that he really loves and that is quality.  It also encouraged me to believe that if the Club back him up with a decent contract and a decent transfer business conducted behind the scenes that we could entice him to stick around for a shot at the PL title a la Leicester.  I was also encouraged into feeling SJ believes he has seen his work ethic bear the best harvest perhaps since his Watford days, perhaps better because he has more experience now.  That is why Fulham have so much potential this year.  I was privileged to see Fulham under Malcolm MacDonald and I travelled up to St James' Park to watch the 4-1 defeat they handed out to Newcastle - one the best team displays I have ever seen from a Fulham team.  The current side is not far off the same level although the football methodology has changed in the intervening years.  Fulham can get promotion this season; SJ can be persuaded to stay; Martin couldn't be stomping his feet demanding to stay at the Cottage; we could keep all our best players because they do not want to leave something special, something that only happens once in a player's career.   I have believed in SJ from the start.  He hasn't been swept off his feet by the Owner although he has been treated decently.  Imagine what could happen if Khan suddenly realised the potential of this side - well don't imagine it Shahid, come and watch and enjoy, and, while your at it get that son of yours to understand what beauty is.       
Great stuff.  The final sentence nails it. You, me and others on the board realised, probably at a very young age, just what a beautiful thing a football team riding the crest of a wave is.  We fell in love with that beauty.  My take on our Chairmen, who I respect fully, is that the beauty he fell in love with was played out on a gridiron.  He loves gridiron, found he likes being the owner of a sports team and hence bought Fulham.   He likes it.  Trouble is, we don't follow football because we like it.  We love it.  Some clubs have chairmen who love football, some don't.  Ours doesn't.  He'd be here far more frequently if he did.

bill taylors apprentice

I'm hoping we've moved into a different phase of the season now, one where we can string 4 or 5 wins in a row together.

I'm convinced one or two of our rivals will fall away, wishful thinking maybe ?

Hope we have more luck than Macdonalds team !

filham

The team is looking good and the football being played is the most attractive we have seen since the Tigana team. Not quite the most effective ever attack though , anyone old enough to have seen Haynes, Jezzard and Robson in attack will have seen the ultimate in attacking football.

It looks as if we could still be in with a shout for a play off position but it is going to be very difficult, think of the following negatives.

1.We are 5 points adrift of a play of position which means that we have to do so much better than we have done up to now to catch up.

2. Our football is attractive but is it championship topping football, on more than one occasion we have been tactically outmuscled by teams playing more direct football. Remember even the brilliant Haynes, Robson , Jezzard set up failed to gain promotion because of a poor defence,

3. This season we have been fortunate with injuries and there is always a risk that this could change at any moment.

4. We have lost Smith, Woodrow, Tunnicliffe and LVC  who the manager obviously thought were not up to his required standard. The fact is though  they all had Championship experience and were capable of providing cover for better players. We have replaced them with a couple of players with no Championship experience.

However, if we can keep up the way we are playing and at the same time improve our shooting and penalty taking then there is a chance, lets all get behind the team.

MJG

Quote from: filham on February 03, 2017, 10:59:24 AM

1.We are 5 points adrift of a play of position which means that we have to do so much better than we have done up to now to catch up.

3 pts

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on February 03, 2017, 11:04:02 AM
Quote from: filham on February 03, 2017, 10:59:24 AM

3 pts

You are refreshing as one so cautious!