watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SSN - Breaking News - Konchesky In Liverpool Dressing Rooms Today

Started by os5889, August 27, 2010, 09:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Leaves a gap for tomorrow. Briggs went off injured, Salcido not fit. So Kelly in maybe. Anyway clearly Konk wanted to go and Hughes held out for the best deal. If we do rap the two liverpool 19 year olds then we can hardly complain. Although hanging on to a few others will be interesting. If Etuhu plays tomorrow than the rumours of him going will be doubtful. An interesting few days.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

NogoodBoyo

I honestly don't know what to think about this.  I'm sharing a bit of Ridge's butter, I recognise that he made a few mistaklets, but we did seem to win games with him in the side and lose them when he was off gallavanting sick as a porcupine quill in a virgin's thigh.  And he was fast.
Nogood "fencing on the sit, isit" Boyo

cebu

I didn't want him to leave, but see no point in keeping a player who wants to leave us - even when it was only B'ham sniffing around, he seemed interested in leaving.

BarryP

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on August 28, 2010, 12:47:08 AM
I honestly don't know what to think about this.  I'm sharing a bit of Ridge's butter, I recognise that he made a few mistaklets, but we did seem to win games with him in the side and lose them when he was off gallavanting sick as a porcupine quill in a virgin's thigh.  And he was fast.

It is definitely "Nogood "fencing on the sit" Boyo" Boyo but you have summed up my sentiments precisely.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Steve_orino

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 28, 2010, 12:38:25 AM
Anyway clearly Konk wanted to go and Hughes held out for the best deal. If we do rap the two liverpool 19 year olds then we can hardly complain.

About sums up my thoughts...

Thanks Konch-shell for the memories...I'll support you but not the shirt that you wear.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

TheDaddy

The forum at liverpool seems to think the price for Konchesky is between 2-4 million plus the 2 young lads as either part of the deal or only loans.

Looks to me like a good bit of business on the Gaffers part . :54:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

jarv

A very good piece of business. Agree, much improved player in the last 12 months but is right on his sell by date. RH needs quick fixes and Konch, to be fair, is probably a good short term quick fix.
Liverpool top 4, top 6 , top 8...you're having a laugh.

mccscratch

Leaves a gap for tomorrow. Briggs went off injured, Salcido not fit. So Kelly in maybe. Anyway clearly Konk wanted to go and Hughes held out for the best deal. If we do rap the two liverpool 19 year olds then we can hardly complain. Although hanging on to a few others will be interesting. If Etuhu plays tomorrow than the rumours of him going will be doubtful. An interesting few days.

If we get Dalle Valle...this is great great biz... the kid is the real deal...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

NorthernWhite

I like Konch and he's been very good going forward over the last year. That said, Salcido has come with a good reputation. If we get 4 million and or Della Valle and the other lad I'd be very happy. Della Valle looks a fantastic prospect.

If the deal with Schwarzer and Arsenal finally goes through, I wouldn't be surprised to see Traore come in on loan as
well for cover.

os5889

Quote from: cebu on August 28, 2010, 01:42:09 AM
I didn't want him to leave, but see no point in keeping a player who wants to leave us - even when it was only B'ham sniffing around, he seemed interested in leaving.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, sums up my thinking on the guy

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on August 28, 2010, 12:47:08 AM

Bout now we have the Stigs, sorry Konch's, mexican cousin. He's surely faster!

epsomraver

Not sure that is true that Briggs went off injured, there was no sign of a problem, I just thought Sparky wanted to give kelly some playing time as we were cruising

Lighthouse

Hughes said it was a shame he had to come off with a knock and Briggs was carrying a bag of ice as he left the field. All if which doesn't make it sound too bad admittedly

os5889

1415: MORE BREAKING LIVERPOOL NEWS:
Fulham defender Paul Konchesky is at Anfield, strolling around the dressing room area. Well I'd say that's a done deal then, no?

SmithyFFC

Bad new. Set up lots of goals from the left. Remember the 4-1 v Juve? Help set up two of them with his pace. Really bad news I fear.
FTID

ImperialWhite

Gutted. One of my favourite players - isn't all that defending-wise but is outstanding going forwards. He provides so much widthin attack (most assists of a defender 07/08, my favourite Fulham stat...). Odd looking head. Think we could miss him, though hopefully Salicido will prove to be just as good.

We did get £4mill though - seems like an awful lot for someone who's 29.

os5889

Quote from: ImperialWhite on August 29, 2010, 02:42:39 PM
Gutted. One of my favourite players - isn't all that defending-wise but is outstanding going forwards. He provides so much widthin attack (most assists of a defender 07/08, my favourite Fulham stat...). Odd looking head. Think we could miss him, though hopefully Salicido will prove to be just as good.

We did get £4mill though - seems like an awful lot for someone who's 29.

For me it was the fact he never signalled any intention to stay longer, cash in now Im afraid

Lighthouse

Not sure why we want Konk if he wants to leave. Going forward he was good but his final ball was as bad as you could get. Against United he often fought his way into good positions only to muck it up. That was the story of Konk. He was also the worst defensive player in our back four. For 4 million it is fair enough. We may have a better player to replace him. But really if you are a Liverpool fan would Konk be the sort of player you would want?

So long and thanks for all the work. But feel bitter at the Gentleman Roy by all means. His word seems to be as good as his subs.

epsomraver

Rumours are abound that he is after Zamora, He will really go down in my estimation if he comes poaching again

Lighthouse

Quote from: epsomraver on August 29, 2010, 02:54:08 PM
Rumours are abound that he is after Zamora, He will really go down in my estimation if he comes poaching again

He shocked Fulham by asking about a few players. His attitude seemed to be that everybody would want to follow him even after saying it wouldn't be right to poach players from Fulham. But there is no way in this window that anything will happen with BZ. I hope.

I think credit must go to our new management for buying and keeping the players he has. Only 27 hours to go. :022:

os5889

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 29, 2010, 02:59:15 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on August 29, 2010, 02:54:08 PM

He shocked Fulham by asking about a few players. His attitude seemed to be that everybody would want to follow him even after saying it wouldn't be right to poach players from Fulham. But there is no way in this window that anything will happen with BZ. I hope.

I think credit must go to our new management for buying and keeping the players he has. Only 27 hours to go. :022:

The QPR loan of EJ waiting to go through if we get another striker does inspire one that we may not be done ourselves