https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we now done?

Started by Robbie, February 04, 2017, 05:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 04, 2017, 06:06:13 PM
Quote from: davew on February 04, 2017, 06:02:50 PM
Our best hope now is we don't get sucked into a relegation battle. If Martin continues to play, who knows?

Now you've completely lost the plot.
How much gin you had..lol
Just caught up with your posting Mince, not enough then when you made the posting, too much at the time I am now replying!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: NJFulham on February 04, 2017, 10:46:11 PM
4 of our next 5 league games are at home.
That's not reassuring, our away form has been better, until today!

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 04, 2017, 07:55:37 PM
Also a lot of results kind of went our way today, so not too much ground lost, just one less game to catch up with.
Which again Woolly makes the result we achieved or rather that we didn't, so much worse or maybe not so bad, either way.......I am going to pour another drink!

davew

Quote from: MJG on February 04, 2017, 07:45:13 PM
Question.....before today were  we going to lose a game over these 18 games?

If the answer is yes and before today you thought we had a chance of playoffs then not much has changed. Possibly harder but the basic results required are still the same.

So no its not over.... Yet.
Statistically yes of course we were, would today have been 1 of the top 10 out of the last 18 games that we expected to lose no not at all unless you build in the fulhamish factor and then this would have probably been 1 of the top 5 matches that we expected to lose, in which case your point of not much has changed is valid! My own feeling without seeing your updated graph (which is interesting), is that we have just about blown our chances of a play off position. I think 79 points will be the target for 6th place, which if my maths are any good, means we need 36 points from 17 games, season over, sorry!

filham

Yes , we are falling short of what is needed from a promotion team. The first thing to be addressed is the inability to shoot on target, this is noticeable even when we record a good win.

Also we must ensure that there are no more red cards for the rest of the season.

toshes mate

Quote from: andyk on February 04, 2017, 05:07:47 PM
There is a well known saying in football, the table doesn't lie and the saying is true.
We are where we deserve to be. We might be the best footballing side, the best passing side, the most pleasing on the eye, but, unfortunately, you need more than that to get out of this division.
You have to cope with long balls and beanpole strikers, and niggling midfielders who kick, elbow, scratch and scrape at you the whole match, you have to keep your discipline. We're a million miles better than last year, but not ready yet for a promotion run.
Upper mid table and, who knows, a good cup run would be a huge improvement on the dross of the last three years.

And the referees table would show that none of them are fit for purpose I guess.

Artful Dodger

We're not done yet as we have proved we are good enough to be in the play offs - 5-0 wins v Reading and Huddersfield who are 3 and 5 is proof that and had we scored 7 more penalties we would be in the play offs already! However, we need to stop dropping points every time we have a good couple of results and that is what need to change....if I was a betting man, I would say it is unlikely but all over....not yet.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

terryr

Quote from: davew on February 04, 2017, 06:02:50 PM
Our best hope now is we don't get sucked into a relegation battle. If Martin continues to play, who knows?
Oh come on
Absurd