watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is that snide Martin's

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 04, 2017, 05:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

It wasn't all down to Martin,these games where it gets a bit rough our midfield who look wonderful when things are going their way turn in to powder puff's when it comes to a scrap.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: NJFulham on February 04, 2017, 06:24:11 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 04, 2017, 06:23:16 PM
Quote from: grandad on February 04, 2017, 05:49:41 PM
I think Slavisa is just waiting till Cyriac has a few training sessions under his belt before he starts him over Martin.

He shouldn't have to wait, he should be ready to go and bust a gut now. Otherwise no point in signing a player who cannot hit it from word go. We had two players ready waiting and able and wanted to play and they get sent to Burton Albion, and then bring in two overseas players for two sheep and a goat, and need baby sitting before they can play. Ludicrous and you couldn't make it up, and that's why we are where we are.

He's trained with them only once.

So what, the player should be ready to roll his sleeves up and sweat blood, this isn't a holiday camp,  we had two players who had trained with them all season but didn't get a look in, who could have done a better job.
That is the reason why the team is a soft touch and cannot handle eating dirt, and the sad thing is, it will happen again and again before the season is out.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

millsy

Whenever we played Derby with Martin in their team I never liked him but assumed that was because he was hurting us. I was, therefore, pleased when we brought Martin in, as he is a proven, regular goal scorer at this level.

Sadly, after just a handful of appearances in a Fulham shirt I realised that I didn't like him because of his attitude and his feigning of injury. I swear he spends more time on the floor, clutching his head, leg, back, face etc., than he does actually on the ball. Worse than that, it soon became evident that he can't win headers against determined CBs and nor can he bring down and hold the ball up. To cap it all, I've watched the 90 mins replays closely, to confirm my suspicion that he rarely, if ever gets on the end of crosses, whether high or low into the box.

I was shocked but not disappointed when he said he wanted away and I agree with those that say we have allowed him to make us look weak and desperate. He should have been gone and efforts redoubled to get in someone better.

Whether he's trying or not I don't know but even if he is, two decent performances in over half a season is not enough. I say drop him and use the new guy, at least until Martin can show some form, either in the reserves or from the bench.

Samsara

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 04, 2017, 05:59:16 PM
I think Slavisa is just waiting till Cyriac has a few training sessions under his belt before he starts him over Martin.

After watching today (it was only 10 mins) but he looks shocking.

Johansen's debut was painful as well.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: SWAD on February 04, 2017, 06:52:22 PM

Absolutely which is a great attitude to have. But being there watching such a half hearted display against a very woeful Birmingham side. Its hard to see any positives and Cyriac honestly looked crap.

Fingers crossed he isnt because I shouldnt really be judging him on 15 minutes.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

martins first 6 games were shocking too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on February 04, 2017, 07:05:01 PM

martins first 6 games were shocking too

So were Martins last 6 games lol

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Woolly Mammoth

At least we can all keep a sense of humour, but it's no fun.

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Reall?  Writing a player off after 10 minutes

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on February 04, 2017, 07:47:17 PM

I think it was 15mins to be fair

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 04, 2017, 07:51:17 PM

I think it was 15mins to be fair

Officialy it was 18 minutes, including added time,  and my Stop Watch confirmed it.

Never forget your Roots.

The Road Less Travelled

It's what football fans do.  If he scores next week he'll be someone we absolutely should sign for £10million+ even if we can get him for less.

ffc73

I don't think Martin is not putting a shift in it is just, as already said in this thread, some CBs have him in their pocket.  That said. He should have scored a header from an Aluko cross & could not have missed if Ayite had squared to him in stoppage time. Instead Ayite sliced his shot high wide and handsome

And as for writing Cyraic off after 10 minutes. Please. Really? Give the guy a break. I thought he should a few nice touches in a difficult situation caused by Fred's red mist & Aluko failing to track back his man for the goal. That is bad enough with 11 on the park but criminal with only 10

EastEndWhite

The only two players who had a decent game today were Button and Cairney.  The rest were average.  I would expect Martin to start against Wigan.  There's no reason not to.

Woolly Mammoth

Too many milky players in the team when the going gets tough. So they stand next to an opponent as if to say, don't pass to me I am being marked. It happens too often just to be a coincidence. What's worrying is that it's not being addressed because it keeps happening.

Never forget your Roots.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

What a fiasco the Martin situation has been (allowed) to become

Totally unnecessary & why our manager & the Board failed to act to resolve it...

All this ridiculous posturing about he is "ours," he is signed to us to the end of the season, we must keep him & prevent him helping Derby out, utter feeble nonsense

After it first kicked off that he didn't want to play for us he should have been sent packing & Joka should have insisted that the Board got their finger out & signed a replacement or two

There was plenty of time to resolve the situation after it started rather than (allegedly) mess up & fail with up to 3 new CF options on the last day

West Ham bit the bullet & sold their problem on, like it or not - solved

Fredericks sending off today was utterly stupid & unnecessary
He should be made to think long & hard what he has done, what he has cost his team mates, the club & the fans
What he is going to do to avoid the situation occurring again
If he can't - on your bike, too much of a liability
Joka should have drilled into the team precisely NOT to make such tackles or to get wound up by opponents - walk away

Too many players were @ fault by dreadful marking of Birmingham players

Back to Martin, IF Joka insists he is to play then Joka might do worse than insist Martins wife / partner & children are present @ each match (give them a nice box whatever) to see how hubby / daddy performs
What man in that scenario wouldn't then fail to give 100% for fear of shaming his family
Worth a try IF Joka wants to play him

We are very much a work in progress, playing some delightful football, getting some very good results but still not the finished article, better than previously but still falling for the sucker punch, the Fulhamish result

Until that stops....

Joka & Khan are well beyond the early to mid love in of their relationship, where does it go from here?

I rue so many missed opportunities...

It can still get sorted though so

COYW!

colinwhite

I'm glad you lot aren't picking the side ! 

fulhamben

Quote from: colinwhite on February 05, 2017, 07:19:40 AM
I'm glad you lot aren't picking the side ! 
why, are you a qpr fan?  2 wins in 6 says something is wrong the team slavisa keeps picking. and something does need to change
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

Morning everyone.

After a cooling off period I would like to apologise to Mr Cyriac. 10 minutes is not enough to judge someone on, I was just angry with everything last night.

Attitude towards Martin hasnt changed though. Not until he proves his worth to the team. Hopefully Cyriac is good enough to play instead. I kept getting confused between Ayite and Cyriac anyway so I cant say for certain what Cyriac actually did lol. All I know is both had an awful shot each, Ayites was ridiculous, hopefully just rusty.

On to the next one

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Neil D

Quote from: FFC73 on February 04, 2017, 08:56:06 PM
I don't think Martin is not putting a shift in it is just, as already said in this thread, some CBs have him in their pocket.  That said. He should have scored a header from an Aluko cross & could not have missed if Ayite had squared to him in stoppage time. Instead Ayite sliced his shot high wide and handsome

And as for writing Cyraic off after 10 minutes. Please. Really? Give the guy a break. I thought he should a few nice touches in a difficult situation caused by Fred's red mist & Aluko failing to track back his man for the goal. That is bad enough with 11 on the park but criminal with only 10
I didn't see the game but this sounds like an objective assessment.