watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is that snide Martin's

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 04, 2017, 05:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

Watch Martin's header in the first half from close in and then draw your own conclusions- my grandma could have done better

Very dispiriting for the 10 players who are trying when that fat disinterested lump is leading the line

@jolslover

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 04, 2017, 05:59:16 PM
Quote from: grandad on February 04, 2017, 05:49:41 PM
I think Slavisa is just waiting till Cyriac has a few training sessions under his belt before he starts him over Martin.

After watching today (it was only 10 mins) but he looks shocking.

hahah I went to the game today and this must be a joke, How can you judge a player after 10 minutes when he didn't even do anything wrong. Only thing I can recall remotely bad was him taking a long shot which went way over the bar, but isn't it a good thing hes not afraid to have a shot on goal?

Ok dont worry just seen your next post. Fair play for apologising!
STH H3

alfie

I would like to ask a serious question, do people really think Martin is not trying, or is it because they don't like him? This is not for an argument, and if this is really believed, why does our manager select him. I don't have an issue with Martin saying he wants to be at Derby, he i guess is being honest, so on that basis alone why does SJ keep selecting him.

Baszab is highlighting a missed header implying it was missed on purpose, but we have seen many a player over the years miss open goals, but as i have not seen it, i can't really comment.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

snarks

I think Martin is buggered as far as fans are concerned.  If he scores a hat trick every week then he'll be fine, any chance missed, any perceived lack of effort, any arm waving will be evidence of his lack of commitment. Having said that, he's the one whose created that position so he has to live with it

Woolly Mammoth

All this is going to come to a head at some point if we don't have an amazing run of results. Because as we all know, it's possible that Jok will go by the end of the season, then big clubs could come in and pick off the cream of our squad and offer them a way out to achieve success and higher financial rewards, and the loanees go back to their parent clubs, all because of the short sightedness and lack of vision by the Khan Klan. That's is an even bigger worry than just the thought of missing the play offs.
I am not giving up on a play off place or an FA Cup Quarter Final place, but if things go pear shaped, then we could be in the Stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick insect from Stick land, got Stuck on a Sticky bun.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Baszab

Watch his effort at the header - it was pathetic - it was the effort of a player going through the motions - yes any player can miss an easy chance - but coupled with his loping around making half hearted challenges and a couple of runs into the channels to show "effort" - it's a disgrace to those paying a lot of money to support the team week in week out - easy for those who watch from a distance to be glib about him but we pay to watch him every week

The situation is one of the most distasteful I have ever seen in in watching 50 years of FFC - and the manager must take some  blame - even though he has done wonders with the rest of the team

Mince n Tatties

There's a loanee for you Tom Lawrence at Ipswich from Leicester,9 goals in 8 games is it? Bet we didn't consider him?

Madman Maddle

I can imagine the first thing Martin does when coming to the locker room at halftime is looking at his cell phone how Derby is doing...

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 05, 2017, 10:51:07 AM
There's a loanee for you Tom Lawrence at Ipswich from Leicester,9 goals in 8 games is it? Bet we didn't consider him?

If we had signed him I and many would have complained. Easy to say in hindsight but when Ipswich signed him it was off the back of a poor loan spell with Blackburn. I wouldnt have had him.
Likewise bet if we signed Tammy Abraham people would have been complaining that were signing another 'loan' and that we should be 'developing our own kids not someone elses'
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

You wouldn't want Messi if he were English... Your obsessed with foreign imports.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: @jolslover on February 05, 2017, 10:06:40 AM
I think Slavisa is just waiting till Cyriac has a few training sessions under his belt before he starts him over Martin.

hahah I went to the game today and this must be a joke, How can you judge a player after 10 minutes when he didn't even do anything wrong. Only thing I can recall remotely bad was him taking a long shot which went way over the bar, but isn't it a good thing hes not afraid to have a shot on goal?

Ok dont worry just seen your next post. Fair play for apologising!

Heat of the moment. I even hated Joka for half hour after the game lol.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

terryr

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on February 04, 2017, 05:47:57 PM
Quote from: alfie on February 04, 2017, 05:42:23 PM
It is no good moaning about martin, it's our manager who keeps picking him.
Three strikers who don't score?
What good is that?
Last I looked, Martin has netted a few
Correct, and ridiculous decision to get rid of three strikers, and get one. SJ will not be here in June, you can just about guarantee that

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: alfie on February 05, 2017, 10:23:31 AM
I would like to ask a serious question, do people really think Martin is not trying, or is it because they don't like him? This is not for an argument, and if this is really believed, why does our manager select him. I don't have an issue with Martin saying he wants to be at Derby, he i guess is being honest, so on that basis alone why does SJ keep selecting him.

Baszab is highlighting a missed header implying it was missed on purpose, but we have seen many a player over the years miss open goals, but as i have not seen it, i can't really comment.

Impossible to prove whether he is doing it on purpose. But his actions over the past 5 weeks have created a rod for his own back. When fans spend a good 100 quid to go to Birmingham away and watch a player (who has recently striked) put in little effort and look disinterested its hard not to get on his back.

This is a player who recently expressed his delight at a pay rise and a new contract at a club which has caused big problems for us over recent weeks. So whilst the working man spends a good chunk of his spare dosh on supporting the whites, its an insult his form has dipped so bad away from home. At the Cottage its not too bad but I've been to 3 of the last 4 away games and I came away thinking Matt Smith couldnt have done any worse.

Coincidence? Maybe. Fulham are a lovely club but sometimes we are too nice. Martin deserves no sympathy whatsoever and if this poor form continues he needs to be fcuked off. Its bad enough we welcomed him back in tbe first place.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

toshes mate

Quote from: SWAD on February 04, 2017, 06:52:22 PM

Johansen's debut was painful as well.

+1

toshes mate

It was not the performance required.  That is borne out by the result.  Having read SJ's comments after the game I think there may be a prolonged postmortem and an anxious wait until cause of death is announced.  Martin is expected to be given a decent wake, however.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: alfie on February 05, 2017, 10:23:31 AM

Is Martin really trying - or not?

I've no idea other than given:-
He went on strike
He wants to return to Derby
There are family problems?
He has signed some sort of extended, much improved contract - with Derby
His better form with us has dipped badly recently

Given these alleged facts we allowed a very unhealthy situation to develop further when we had plenty of time & opportunity to correct  the situation
However we failed to do so, West Ham didn't, they acted to remove the bad apple

We now reap the benefits of that failure worrying from game to game that's left "will he / won't he" show up & deliver the performance expected from him (to his credit he showed glimmers of)
What impact does he / will he have on the rest of the team

I don't hate him, I just feel we should have avoided the situation we are now in, totally unnecessary

As to why SJ continues to choose him, I don't know only SJ does

One reason may well be that the replacement options are extremely limited having loaned out / sold up to 3 of those alternaatives
Regardless of whether they featured in SJ's original plans they certainly can't help out now 

So a massive conundrum & all we can do is sit here & await the next game & see what happens

Over to you Slavisa!

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on February 05, 2017, 10:53:21 AM

If we had signed him I and many would have complained. Easy to say in hindsight but when Ipswich signed him it was off the back of a poor loan spell with Blackburn. I wouldnt have had him.
Likewise bet if we signed Tammy Abraham people would have been complaining that were signing another 'loan' and that we should be 'developing our own kids not someone elses'
Yep, I would have said exactly that, especially as we have the Premier league 2 top scorer in our ranks.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on February 05, 2017, 03:32:52 PM

Yep, I would have said exactly that, especially as we have the Premier league 2 top scorer in our ranks.

He's not good enough to play regularly at this level. Would rather see Woodrow than him and I dont rate Woodrow.
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on February 05, 2017, 03:34:50 PM

He's not good enough to play regularly at this level. Would rather see Woodrow than him and I dont rate Woodrow.
But loaning in an untried or someone who flopped at another championship club would equate to someone you do rate? Interesting
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on February 05, 2017, 03:38:03 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on February 05, 2017, 03:34:50 PM

But loaning in an untried or someone who flopped at another championship club would equate to someone you do rate? Interesting

Well I cant say if i rate Cyriac or not yet as i've only seen him play 10 minutes. Martin is clearly a better striker than Woodrow as much as I dislike him
STH H3