Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on February 05, 2017, 03:41:00 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 05, 2017, 03:38:03 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on February 05, 2017, 03:34:50 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 05, 2017, 03:32:52 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on February 05, 2017, 10:53:21 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 05, 2017, 10:51:07 AM
There's a loanee for you Tom Lawrence at Ipswich from Leicester,9 goals in 8 games is it? Bet we didn't consider him?

If we had signed him I and many would have complained. Easy to say in hindsight but when Ipswich signed him it was off the back of a poor loan spell with Blackburn. I wouldnt have had him.
Likewise bet if we signed Tammy Abraham people would have been complaining that were signing another 'loan' and that we should be 'developing our own kids not someone elses'
Yep, I would have said exactly that, especially as we have the Premier league 2 top scorer in our ranks.

He's not good enough to play regularly at this level. Would rather see Woodrow than him and I dont rate Woodrow.
But loaning in an untried or someone who flopped at another championship club would equate to someone you do rate? Interesting

Well I cant say if i rate Cyriac or not yet as i've only seen him play 10 minutes. Martin is clearly a better striker than Woodrow as much as I dislike him
you ate missing the point of what I was replying too. It was mentioned that some would moan if we loaned in an untried player or one who had flopped at at another championship club. And yes I would moan at doing other clubs dirty work when we had the prem 2s top scorer on our books. And I bet the trying Woodrow out scores the uninterested Martin for the rest of the season. Currently 1 0 to woodrow
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on February 05, 2017, 03:44:59 PM
There's a loanee for you Tom Lawrence at Ipswich from Leicester,9 goals in 8 games is it? Bet we didn't consider him?

If we had signed him I and many would have complained. Easy to say in hindsight but when Ipswich signed him it was off the back of a poor loan spell with Blackburn. I wouldnt have had him.
Likewise bet if we signed Tammy Abraham people would have been complaining that were signing another 'loan' and that we should be 'developing our own kids not someone elses'
Yep, I would have said exactly that, especially as we have the Premier league 2 top scorer in our ranks.

He's not good enough to play regularly at this level. Would rather see Woodrow than him and I dont rate Woodrow.
But loaning in an untried or someone who flopped at another championship club would equate to someone you do rate? Interesting

Well I cant say if i rate Cyriac or not yet as i've only seen him play 10 minutes. Martin is clearly a better striker than Woodrow as much as I dislike him
you ate missing the point of what I was replying too. It was mentioned that some would moan if we loaned in an untried player or one who had flopped at at another championship club. And yes I would moan at doing other clubs dirty work when we had the prem 2s top scorer on our books. And I bet the trying Woodrow out scores the uninterested Martin for the rest of the season. Currently 1 0 to woodrow

Fair enough, I see now. I'm not sure Woodrow is the answer if we ever want to be a top 6 side however
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on February 05, 2017, 03:57:13 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 05, 2017, 03:44:59 PM

Fair enough, I see now. I'm not sure Woodrow is the answer if we ever want to be a top 6 side however
well Martin certainly isn't.

Tonywa

If Woodrow is the answer, we're asking the wrong question.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tonywa on February 05, 2017, 04:56:18 PM
If Woodrow is the answer, we're asking the wrong question.
the question was which striker scored in the championship this weekend , and is desperate to play for fulham

NJFulham

Quote from: fulhamben on February 05, 2017, 08:28:13 AM
Quote from: colinwhite on February 05, 2017, 07:19:40 AM
I'm glad you lot aren't picking the side ! 
why, are you a qpr fan?  2 wins in 6 says something is wrong the team slavisa keeps picking. and something does need to change

last 7 is 3 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses

Keynsham

Misty eyed memories of a mostly average striker coming into play there already, I'd wager.

Whitesideup

Quote from: SWAD on February 04, 2017, 06:52:22 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 04, 2017, 05:59:16 PM
Quote from: grandad on February 04, 2017, 05:49:41 PM
I think Slavisa is just waiting till Cyriac has a few training sessions under his belt before he starts him over Martin.

After watching today (it was only 10 mins) but he looks shocking.

Johansen's debut was painful as well.
And Hangeland didn't look too hot on his first outing. I venture to suggest he turned out ok.

fulhamben

Quote from: NJFulham on February 05, 2017, 07:33:38 PM
why, are you a qpr fan?  2 wins in 6 says something is wrong the team slavisa keeps picking. and something does need to change

Last 8 is 3 wins 3 draws 2 loses 37.5 % win Ratio. Not good enough for a top 6. As good as slavisa is and as good as we play sometimes, he is far from being infallible.

Whitesideup

Quote from: fulhamben on February 05, 2017, 08:52:50 PM

Last 8 is 3 wins 3 draws 2 loses 37.5 % win Ratio. Not good enough for a top 6. As good as slavisa is and as good as we play sometimes, he is far from being infallible.
Hmm... If our win or points per game ratio were good enough to be in the play-offs ... we would be in a play-off position. I don't think anyone has suggested SJ is infallible. Is our team perfect? No. Do we get bullied a bit by some of the more physical teams? Yes (but not Ipswich!) Do we not win games we easily could have, maybe should have? Indeed. Is it a big improvement on the last couple of seasons? Do we play proper football? Can we not take some pride in the way we play?

Despite the frustration, I would rather be where we are, playing the way we do, than Sheffield Wednesday.

fulhamben

Quote from: Whitesideup on February 05, 2017, 09:19:52 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 05, 2017, 08:52:50 PM

Hmm... If our win or points per game ratio were good enough to be in the play-offs ... we would be in a play-off position. I don't think anyone has suggested SJ is infallible. Is our team perfect? No. Do we get bullied a bit by some of the more physical teams? Yes (but not Ipswich!) Do we not win games we easily could have, maybe should have? Indeed. Is it a big improvement on the last couple of seasons? Do we play proper football? Can we not take some pride in the way we play?

Despite the frustration, I would rather be where we are, playing the way we do, than Sheffield Wednesday.
so to get back to what this post is about, we should all just agree with the team that slavisa picks and never form an opinion of it. And here ended the message board formally known as friends of Fulham.

Chutney

Woodrow playing better at Burton than Martin has ever played for us, imagine how he'd perform with a decent side behind him?

Pretty sure we can't recall him either so we are stuck with a want away, lazy and unfit striker.
C O Y W

toshes mate

Woodrow probably feels he has something to prove, just like Martin really, except one is positive and the other negative.  I'll leave you to work out who is who.

H4usuallysitting

Surely today was snide martins last first team start.....he looked bored today

davew

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 11, 2017, 10:39:41 PM
Surely today was snide martins last first team start.....he looked bored today
At least he turned up, we must respect him for that....wish he hadn't bothered!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)