watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are not good enough for the playoffs - Yet

Started by Wearethewhites, February 04, 2017, 06:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman Maddle

Slaviša will jump ship after the season, and who can really blame him? In every transfer window Slav has been pranked by the board. Even if Mr Khan throws a boatload of money at him, he won't stay. Slight chance maybe if Slav gets more power in the transfer department, which I don't see with the likes of Tony Khan and computer scientist Klein around.

Slaviša isn't even that great of a coach many in here claim. He's already had his fair share of bad personnel decisions costing us games and most of the time he doesn't know how to lay the knockout punch on much weaker teams. He isn't a bad coach either, since the players have full grasp of his system. What hurts me most is not that Slav will leave, but that a new coach will probably bring in a new philosophy and we start from scratch again. It would be too much common sense to expect from Mr Khan to hire a coach with a similar philosophy to Slav.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Madman Maddle on February 05, 2017, 10:22:02 AM
Slaviša will jump ship after the season, and who can really blame him? In every transfer window Slav has been pranked by the board. Even if Mr Khan throws a boatload of money at him, he won't stay. Slight chance maybe if Slav gets more power in the transfer department, which I don't see with the likes of Tony Khan and computer scientist Klein around.

Slaviša isn't even that great of a coach many in here claim. He's already had his fair share of bad personnel decisions costing us games and most of the time he doesn't know how to lay the knockout punch on much weaker teams. He isn't a bad coach either, since the players have full grasp of his system. What hurts me most is not that Slav will leave, but that a new coach will probably bring in a new philosophy and we start from scratch again. It would be too much common sense to expect from Mr Khan to hire a coach with a similar philosophy to Slav.

You are very much like me, you talk a hell of a lot of sense.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: cookieg on February 04, 2017, 06:37:04 PM
You have to wonder if SK and SJ had a conversation during this window as to whether the play offs were realistic and they came to the conclusion no but start to put things in place for next year. A couple loan to buys, shipping out the extras etc with a view to next season being the season to go for it.

Just as you cannot predict players will underachieve you cannot predict they'll overachieve either.  The team has found its true level in performance but what is missing is the the situation at the end of ninety minutes.   Overall Birmingham deserved to win because they stuck away the only goal.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

One Martin Thomas

6th place is the only place we can hope for this season as the other places are gone !  We do play the prettiest football, but we are not consistently putting teams away when we are on top.  We are in danger of giving Martin the opportunity of becoming a Derby cult hero and this really should have been sorted out beforehand.  It is all well and good talking about the ones that got away, but they got away on the 31st... and we all had our suspicions that Martin may try and go again so the club have only got themselves to blame leaving it until the last minute!  6th is our only hope, it is between SheffWed, Derby, Norwich and Fulham (no disrespect to Barnsley or Preston) and we are the outsiders.....  Certainly need to win next three matches !

MJG

Quote from: Statto on February 05, 2017, 12:16:43 PM
Quote from: NJFulham on February 04, 2017, 11:20:43 PM
Quote from: Statto on February 04, 2017, 10:57:55 PM
Quote from: NJFulham on February 04, 2017, 10:50:34 PM
Quote from: Statto on February 04, 2017, 10:49:00 PM
Quote from: NJFulham on February 04, 2017, 10:40:54 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on February 04, 2017, 07:04:40 PM
You have to wonder if SK and SJ had a conversation during this window as to whether the play offs were realistic and they came to the conclusion no but start to put things in place for next year. A couple loan to buys, shipping out the extras etc with a view to next season being the season to go for it.

I'm sorry, but the playoffs were more than capable with a decent bit of backing. Even if we did miss out, the players are here, we go again next season, bit like the Karanka situation at Boro.

For a start, all these loans worry me, the Khans seem non-interested in investing, if Jokanovic goes next season, so will most likely the loans, Cairney, Sess, we have to start from scratch again.

This January, we had the whole window, yet fluffed and farted around again on the last day, Why? I know you get a better deal, but Christ, where's the planning, it was a mess again by the sounds of it.

Unfortunately for me, I don't buy that all is well behind the scenes still, the Club/Board don't want to spend, the urgency wasn't there, why?

If I was a betting man, I'd say that Jokanovic has already said that he's not going to be there next season, so the Club was reluctant to spend. I think that Tony Kahn and Craig Klines Xbox type approach may have finally taken its toll. 

Decent chance Khan sacks Jokanovic anyway.

i'm not sure if this post is a wind-up or a dig at Khan. The tragic thing is his stewardship of this club has been so awful, it wouldn't surprise me if he did something as obscenely moronic as sacking Jokanovic. The man has shown baffling lunacy on numerous occasions before, for example when he bought the club in 2013.

Not really. Just beginning to think Jokanovic is overrated. He's too stubborn, for one.

i thought it was still a few months until April fool's day ??

064.gif fp.gif

16 new 1st team players and they are barely 9th. Monk's Leeds squad is a lot worse than ours and they're 1 points ahead of us.

"New" players doesn't mean "good" players. Sigurdsson, Jozabed, Kebano - £4m each and not even getting in the matchday squad. One of them isn't even here anymore!

There were 7 players in the starting 11 yesterday that weren't here last season. For Leeds' game today, that number is 6. So no different really

Fact is, most of our much vaunted "16 new 1st team players" are no better than what we had before. That's what happens when you have the chairman's son's mate picking signings on his computer.
if your going to keep on saying this I'm going to keep on pointing out that Jozabed was an SJ pick. Ayite was not at the other end of spectrum.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on February 05, 2017, 07:12:45 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 05, 2017, 06:31:01 PM
Quote from: Statto on February 05, 2017, 12:16:43 PM
Quote from: NJFulham on February 04, 2017, 11:20:43 PM
Quote from: Statto on February 04, 2017, 10:57:55 PM
Quote from: NJFulham on February 04, 2017, 10:50:34 PM
Quote from: Statto on February 04, 2017, 10:49:00 PM
Quote from: NJFulham on February 04, 2017, 10:40:54 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on February 04, 2017, 07:04:40 PM

I'm sorry, but the playoffs were more than capable with a decent bit of backing. Even if we did miss out, the players are here, we go again next season, bit like the Karanka situation at Boro.

For a start, all these loans worry me, the Khans seem non-interested in investing, if Jokanovic goes next season, so will most likely the loans, Cairney, Sess, we have to start from scratch again.

This January, we had the whole window, yet fluffed and farted around again on the last day, Why? I know you get a better deal, but Christ, where's the planning, it was a mess again by the sounds of it.

Unfortunately for me, I don't buy that all is well behind the scenes still, the Club/Board don't want to spend, the urgency wasn't there, why?

If I was a betting man, I'd say that Jokanovic has already said that he's not going to be there next season, so the Club was reluctant to spend. I think that Tony Kahn and Craig Klines Xbox type approach may have finally taken its toll. 

Decent chance Khan sacks Jokanovic anyway.

i'm not sure if this post is a wind-up or a dig at Khan. The tragic thing is his stewardship of this club has been so awful, it wouldn't surprise me if he did something as obscenely moronic as sacking Jokanovic. The man has shown baffling lunacy on numerous occasions before, for example when he bought the club in 2013.

Not really. Just beginning to think Jokanovic is overrated. He's too stubborn, for one.

i thought it was still a few months until April fool's day ??

064.gif fp.gif

16 new 1st team players and they are barely 9th. Monk's Leeds squad is a lot worse than ours and they're 1 points ahead of us.

"New" players doesn't mean "good" players. Sigurdsson, Jozabed, Kebano - £4m each and not even getting in the matchday squad. One of them isn't even here anymore!

There were 7 players in the starting 11 yesterday that weren't here last season. For Leeds' game today, that number is 6. So no different really

Fact is, most of our much vaunted "16 new 1st team players" are no better than what we had before. That's what happens when you have the chairman's son's mate picking signings on his computer.
if your going to keep on saying this I'm going to keep on pointing out that Jozabed was an SJ pick. Ayite was not at the other end of spectrum.

Yes SJ wanted Jozabed. None of the other players liked McCormack. Mick Jagger was in a relationship with David Bowie. 9/11 was staged by the US government, and the moon landing never happened. Of course.

As to Ayite, he's the best of those foreign signings and nothing more than a poor man's Ben Marshall. Only more expensive. Work that out.

so it's ok for you to say they are all stats signings but when someone says one is not you bring other things into it, or intimate its just a rumour or made up.