more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are coming for you Reading!

Started by dannyboi-ffc, February 15, 2017, 01:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixie

Quote from: Keynsham on February 16, 2017, 12:25:07 PM
Bristol Rovers destroyed us back in 1989?  Peter Scott got sent off, but the rest of the memories about it are a little hazy

I was at the home leg! They had Nigel Martyn in goal and he was absolutely incredible, stopped everything. I think we lost 4-0 or something, as you say, we taken to the cleaners!!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

dannyboi-ffc

So we were 11 points behind when I posted this. Now just 7 points with an overwhelmingly better GD and a game in hand. So far so good with my theory.

Let's hope I'm slightly wrong with the next couple with us beating Leeds and Reading failing to beat Wolves.

COYW!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

davew

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 25, 2017, 10:59:25 PM
So we were 11 points behind when I posted this. Now just 7 points with an overwhelmingly better GD and a game in hand. So far so good with my theory.

Let's hope I'm slightly wrong with the next couple with us beating Leeds and Reading failing to beat Wolves.

COYW!
Your theory is good Danny as is mine, I hope you are right and on current form I think you are!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

hovewhite

Play offs could be good call danny ,coyw

Holders

Quote from: bencher on February 16, 2017, 12:37:23 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on February 16, 2017, 12:18:21 PM
Quote from: Fulham Joe on February 16, 2017, 12:11:23 PM
Sadly I don't think we will make the play offs this year.

Come to think of it, I can't remember us making the play offs any year.

Has it ever happened?

Didn't we play Grimsby with Keegan in charge IIRC?

I can remember listening to us play Grimsby on the radio in the (then) Div 2 play-offs, 1997-8 I think. I think it was under Ray Wilkins, while Keegan was Chief of Operations or something. We struggled.

As I recall, it was shortly after Wilkins was sacked and Keegan went all-out attack instead of all-out crab. Paul Moody got sent off quite early in the home leg and it was all downhill from there. Disappointing.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

1989 Playoffs in 3rd Division
Lost to Bristol Rovers 1-0 Away (Very Very Very hot day in Bath) and then 4-0 at home (With one of the best saves i have ever seen by Nigel Martyn in the game at 0-0 or 1-0 down)

filham

Yes, recent results have been good and we have reason for a degree of optimism but I am still going to be better influenced by a good win over Preston on Saturday than the analyses of future matches from Dannyboi's Crystal Ball.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: filham on February 26, 2017, 10:26:08 AM
Yes, recent results have been good and we have reason for a degree of optimism but I am still going to be better influenced by a good win over Preston on Saturday than the analyses of future matches from Dannyboi's Crystal Ball.

I won't bother telling ya the lotto numbers then if that's your attitude.

But don't come running back to me on Saturday when Preston  lose, Reading draw because I'll be on my yacht celebrating Wednesdays lotto success.

.......3 balls pay £25. Is that enough to hire a yacht for half hour?

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

toshes mate

I like your attitude, dannyboi.  Don't cash in on that yacht hire when you can own one by the end of the season...

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: toshes mate on February 26, 2017, 10:39:54 AM
I like your attitude, dannyboi.  Don't cash in on that yacht hire when you can own one by the end of the season...

Thank you Sir mate of the great Tosh.

I shall buy 2 yachts and give one to you. Then you can be known as Tosh and Dannyboi's mate instead.

On the other hand Filham will now be forever known in my heart as doubting Filham. And will have to live with the pain of Fulham being promoted through the playoffs knowing I was right all along.

051 :wine: 078.gif

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

davew

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 26, 2017, 10:29:44 AM

But don't come running back to me on Saturday when Preston  lose, Reading draw because I'll be on my yacht celebrating Wednesdays lotto success.

Probably not, but wouldn't it be enough to sign another striker we have never heard of? (lol)

dannyboi-ffc

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

davew

Quote from: westcliff white on February 15, 2017, 01:23:30 PM
We can do it mate, but i think you have been optimistic with some results, but then I am very similar to you in that respect.
And if we do Westcliff, you will hear about it before the rest of us! Great result today, let's hope for the same against Leeds!

filham

Quote from: davew on February 26, 2017, 11:56:27 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 26, 2017, 10:29:44 AM

Probably not, but wouldn't it be enough to sign another striker we have never heard of? (lol)
Preston was a great win and we looked like a top six possibility. Now that Preston are out of the way I must admit to taking a quick glance at Dannyboi's predictions. The way we are playing is having an intoxicating effect on me.
Of course I now want a win against Leeds, if that happens I could then be open to all kinds of wild suggestions and may become a strong disciple of Dannyboi's predictions.

Andy S

Well were at home so you never know. I put a £5 on Fulham getting promoted at the beginning of the season at 70 to 1& I haven't given up yet

Neil D

Quote from: Andy S on March 04, 2017, 10:22:06 PM
Well were at home so you never know. I put a £5 on Fulham getting promoted at the beginning of the season at 70 to 1& I haven't given up yet
70/1?  No way! The best I could find was 11/1...

Max Headroom

I have a friend who supports Reading. When they beat us he gave me some fairly aggressive stick about being ten points clear...... I am looking forward to the conversation when we pip them for sixth! I'm saying nothing for the moment, but if we keep up current form there is no reason why we shouldn't! Tuesday is the next game so is key.....

gerrys

Quote from: Andy S on March 04, 2017, 10:22:06 PM
Blimey, I only got 40 to 1........

dannyboi-ffc

Quoting my last paragraph of my op.....

"Also think Derby are finished, we can't be worrying about Preston or Barnsley. So that leaves us to overtake 2 of Norwich Leeds wednesday and Reading.

We can do this Fulham!!!!"

End quote

How about all 4 of them!!!!! Filham, are you still a doubting Thomas?  049:gif 078.gif

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

PokerMatt

Lovely predicting Dan. All looking good so far.

Tell you what, I would be bricking it to be a Reading fan right about now.
Follow me: @mattdjourno