watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

All our flaws brutally exposed

Started by bencher, February 19, 2017, 02:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bencher

34 mins in and Spurs are showing up our weaknesses in defensive midfield, lack of a focal point up front, and Cairney, much as I love him and think he's superb at Championship level, is not in the class of the Spurs midfielders. Spurs look so much quicker and stronger (in body and mind). Still is the Cup, anything can happen

hovewhite

Yep spurs look a different level,dissapionting.

Woolly Mammoth

Fulham are far too passive, and there appears to be no passion or fire. They need to put their foot on the ball, and strung a few passes together. At the moment they look nervous and too many unforced errors. They look frightened.
Need to regroup for second half, and hope we can get more possession. But so far there is very little fight, and that's the most dissapointing aspect.
Yes of course it's Spurs, and we knew what we could expect.
But so far the gulf is massive, and there is no passion or real fight. Not good enough, by a mile.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bedford White

Hardly unexpected considering the level of player were able to attract, and pay given the FFP. Tottenham have always been a good side with the financial ability and kudos to attract the very best players

I think we'll change things up in the second half but we'll always be 2nd best to the spuds in terms of quality. We've got to make some chances and take them. This years FA Cup has its fair share of underdogs making their Cinderella stories, I doubt many a pundit will be bemoaning the loss of FFC.

Still there another 45mins to go - COYW

Madman Maddle

Hence even our ball boys aren't up to the task. You need any help you can get against such a good team. Co-assist for their goal belongs to the ball boy. fp.gif

Woolly Mammoth

That's no excuse for lack of fight. We did not press the ball anywhere near enough. We have literally surrendered no excuses, nothing to with class. We cannot even be bothered to get the basics right. I cannot remember off hand seeing a Fulham team throw in the towel literately from the first kick.
We cannot use the gulf in class as an excuse for having no guts no passion no fight no appetite. They have embarrassed themselves, and if anyone thinks they switch it just like that in the next match are deluded. Spurs have been far better in every department including bigger hearts, more work rate, far more commitment. Nobody can be excused for a lack of fight passion and commitment.
Men against Boys.

Never forget your Roots.

ChesterTheTabby

Ream also needs to be benched immediately.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Ordar

They saw the Spurs team sheet and gave up before the game started. Made it far too easy for Spurs. Zero fight, zero commitment

RaySmith

Look at Huddersfield yesterday, made a game of it against Man City.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on February 19, 2017, 03:48:00 PM

Exactly

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

Tactically we were very poor, we should have clattered into Kean right from the off bearing in mind he had a knock on Thursday. We stood off them allowed them to much possession. To me it indicates we do not have that aggressive streak necessary. Play attractive football but sometimes we need to play ugly and physical and today was one of those days.

The only good thing is that it showed what we need if we want to progress.

Twig

There was a gulf in class, no shame in that.  But I also agree that we failed to take the fight to them.  Overawed?

Perhaps SJ is right that they can learn from this.  More likely it illustrates to Khan and co just how much there is to be done in the transfer market to create a squad capable of winning and more importantly, holding down a place in the prem.

stokesy

The problem between us and Huddersfield is that we play too much football which is OK against championship sides but against premiership sides the players are not good enough and you need a bit of the old physical and effort side which I'm afraid we haven't got

Bill2

:plus one: :plus one:
Quote from: stokesy on February 19, 2017, 06:10:33 PM
The problem between us and Huddersfield is that we play too much football which is OK against championship sides but against premiership sides the players are not good enough and you need a bit of the old physical and effort side which I'm afraid we haven't got
:plus one:

Lighthouse

Sadly tactically very naive and allowed them the sort of space that we would rarely allow a Championship team. Some of our players I think were looking at playing to the camera and a Summer move  because we showed very little team work except in a few spells. Spurs were so much better than us and 3-0 flattered us.

We could have done with a player who could hold up the ball and bring in our midfield but that was never going to happen. The gap in class was embarrassing at times. Still we now can concentrate on the league. Much good it would do us.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

OdecaMynoT

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 19, 2017, 04:49:02 PM

Exactly
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 19, 2017, 03:42:30 PM
That's no excuse for lack of fight. We did not press the ball anywhere near enough. We have literally surrendered no excuses, nothing to with class. We cannot even be bothered to get the basics right. I cannot remember off hand seeing a Fulham team throw in the towel literately from the first kick.
We cannot use the gulf in class as an excuse for having no guts no passion no fight no appetite. They have embarrassed themselves, and if anyone thinks they switch it just like that in the next match are deluded. Spurs have been far better in every department including bigger hearts, more work rate, far more commitment. Nobody can be excused for a lack of fight passion and commitment.
Men against Boys.

Agree with all of that.

It was a game of help y'urself. Score could have been much worse.Playing Kebano, Aluko,Ayite,(Cyriac too)   from

beginning to end. They are all players that are good when running with the ball facing the goal, but with backs to goal and surrounded by 3-4 players

totally ineffective. Why Joka persisted with the same formation 2nd half was baffling. His tactical naivety was completely exposed imo.

Men against boys just about sums it up.

D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

alfie

Quote from: maoconnor on February 19, 2017, 03:43:13 PM
Interesting as i thought he done ok
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: alfie on February 19, 2017, 06:50:30 PM

Agree Ream was only one of 4 who did decent.

The Old Count

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 19, 2017, 06:51:47 PM
Quote from: alfie on February 19, 2017, 06:50:30 PM

Agree Ream was only one of 4 who did decent.
Agree, most of the 'playing out from the back' good stuff came from Ream.

NJFulham

City played a B team, no?