News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Independent of the performance yesterday, what did you think of Cyriac?

Started by ToodlesMcToot, February 20, 2017, 02:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Just curious to hear from those who were at the match and might have paid particular attention to him. I was watching from The States and the little that I could see suggested that he was positioning himself well to receive attacking passes, that he was making smart runs and that he could come good for us sooner rather than later.

Watching on television doesn't provide much opportunity to evaluate a player who is not seeing much of the ball - like Cyriac yesterday. So, I realize that my opinions are not well informed. But, what I did see of him was encouraging.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

abfg

Promising. Moved well off the ball and won headers in the air. Phenomenal leap, was beating alderweireld in the air even though he's not that big. Seems like he could bring the attributes of the Kebano/Ayite type player but with some of the qualities of a centre forward. But it is hard to tell in a game like that. When him and Sess were on we looked more dangerous as their defence was occupied.

MJG

Similar to what I saw in his other appearance at the cottage.
He is clearly more of a natural central striker than say Ayite and even Kebano. Won a very good header which shows he has a bit of a spring in him for such a short guy.
I dont see him holding the ball up like I think we really need, but a different option for sure.

filham

Looking more like

Cyriac puts a lot of energy into his game but not sure that he could hold that level for 90 minutes. The other options are Kebano, Ayite and Piazon , all have been tried and none look all that comfortable in the position. Regret to say that Martin is the only natural for the lone striker role that we now have.

We have a problem.

alfie

Quote from: filham on February 20, 2017, 03:19:06 PM
Looking more like

Cyriac puts a lot of energy into his game but not sure that he could hold that level for 90 minutes. The other options are Kebano, Ayite and Piazon , all have been tried and none look all that comfortable in the position. Regret to say that Martin is the only natural for the lone striker role that we now have.

We have a problem.
May I just ask why can't he hold that level for 90 minutes?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Carborundum

He does make some decent runs.  Our midfielders aren't picking them. 

We were getting thoroughly mashed when he came on and that didn't change..

It's just far too early to tell.  Yesterday the tactic from the start was to try over the top balls to nippy Kebano.  Didn't work. We're we trying to do the same with him?  Something different?  Hoping for alchemy?  We were just too frazzled to have a coherent plan and execute it. 

Hope he does well.  Puts himself about and actually wants to play for us.  That should be a bare minimum, but on planet Fulham nothing can be taken for granted.

davew

I wasn't at the game but watched it on TV and taped it and have looked at it again. Sorry but I really don't say Cyriac as a quality striker! Although he runs around a lot and I wouldn't be rude enough to describe him as a headless chicken as he seems to have some clue at what he is trying to do, but against the more physical teams he will just be another casualty. I hope he proves me wrong in the next few games!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

westcliff white

Similar to what MJG says for me, I saw him in Belgium and have said many times on here I am not sure he will adjust to the championship. For me he looks good to make an impact of the bench
Every day is a Fulham day

davew

Quote from: westcliff white on February 20, 2017, 07:52:01 PM
Similar to what MJG says for me, I saw him in Belgium and have said many times on here I am not sure he will adjust to the championship. For me he looks good to make an impact of the bench
But not as much impact as Martin is going to make (on the bench)!!

alfie

Without trying to be rude, why don't we give him a couple of full games, (assuming he gets a full game),and then make some sort of assessment.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

davew

Quote from: alfie on February 21, 2017, 05:09:38 PM
Without trying to be rude, why don't we give him a couple of full games, (assuming he gets a full game),and then make some sort of assessment.

That is fair enough, obviously this is not a good time to experiment as every point counts, I think he would make more impact playing the 2nd half if we were winning than being in the starting team, just my gut feeling!