Main Menu

Negative Comments Tonight??

Started by davew, February 22, 2017, 10:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

I can accept the challenge.
A win is brilliant and I listened to the whole match on Radio London FM
Listening and seeing are never the same but two things came across
1. We could and should have scored more goals.... it isn't that we don't score enough but we should be scoring more based on the way we play and carve open the opposition. That is the one of the stories of the season. This could and may well come to haunt us as we proceed.
2. Bristol were clearly causing us grief with high balls into the box and it sounded like they had a few decent chances as a result. At 1 0 they could have pinched an equaliser and then you never know what can happen.

However in the end the commentator and summariser said at the end it was more like a walk in the park for our boys BUT for me the two points I mention are still of concern.

epsomraver

I have a negative from last night being there, we seem to have inherited a lot of scum down the road rejects as so called fans, May be that I am a different generation but in all my many years supporting Fulham our  fans never sang " your support is F *** S****, or Bristol City F S,  we have had it sung to us , usually by scummy fans from the dregs, but it is not the Fulham way in my humble opinion also  fight and argue amongst themselves

epsomraver

Quote from: nose on February 23, 2017, 12:30:23 PM
I can accept the challenge.
A win is brilliant and I listened to the whole match on Radio London FM
Listening and seeing are never the same but two things came across
1. We could and should have scored more goals.... it isn't that we don't score enough but we should be scoring more based on the way we play and carve open the opposition. That is the one of the stories of the season. This could and may well come to haunt us as we proceed.
2. Bristol were clearly causing us grief with high balls into the box and it sounded like they had a few decent chances as a result. At 1 0 they could have pinched an equaliser and then you never know what can happen.

However in the end the commentator and summariser said at the end it was more like a walk in the park for our boys BUT for me the two points I mention are still of concern.
you are correct, was at the game and we did a lot of tippy tappy when a shot was the easier option, they had some very tall players and were a threat in the air, Martin coming on did steady the ship as he could hold the ball but like many others would have liked to have seen Cyriac come on, he is our future but being fair martin did the job he was sent on to do, also Button had a good game apart from some wayward kicking out again, so praise when it is due.

davew

Quote from: epsomraver on February 23, 2017, 01:48:11 PM
I have a negative from last night being there, we seem to have inherited a lot of scum down the road rejects as so called fans, May be that I am a different generation but in all my many years supporting Fulham our  fans never sang " your support is F *** S****, or Bristol City F S,  we have had it sung to us , usually by scummy fans from the dregs, but it is not the Fulham way in my humble opinion also  fight and argue amongst themselves
That is said to hear, I am definitely from a different generation and never ever witnessed such behaviour, let's hope this minority don't try and join this forum.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

nose

that is a great shame to ear, not our way at all

I recall going to brentford away years and years ago and we were behind the goal, not many of us!!!  I was wioth my oldest boy who was then about 8. four young men, rather disreputable in appearance and behaviour cam in and were using loud and unpleasant language.... the group leader spotted my young boy and told them all to keep it clean and decent there was a child in our midst! And they did.... that is roperly fulham and I thanked them for being so decent.

I can also tell you we stayed in a hotel once when leeds were a top side and they were their. our kids were a bit older but still young and when we entered a communal area, david batty on seeing my cildren told his team mates to moderate behaviour and language because their were kids in the room.  I know he used to get a bad press but that was very decent of him too.

it seems nowadays people do not seem to care what they say, who they might offend or generally give a dam. Must be getting old.

Carborundum

Quote from: nose on February 23, 2017, 02:12:41 PM

that is a great shame to ear, not our way at all

I recall going to brentford away years and years ago and we were behind the goal, not many of us!!!  I was wioth my oldest boy who was then about 8. four young men, rather disreputable in appearance and behaviour cam in and were using loud and unpleasant language.... the group leader spotted my young boy and told them all to keep it clean and decent there was a child in our midst! And they did.... that is roperly fulham and I thanked them for being so decent.

I can also tell you we stayed in a hotel once when leeds were a top side and they were their. our kids were a bit older but still young and when we entered a communal area, david batty on seeing my cildren told his team mates to moderate behaviour and language because their were kids in the room.  I know he used to get a bad press but that was very decent of him too.

it seems nowadays people do not seem to care what they say, who they might offend or generally give a dam. Must be getting old.
Times do indeed change.  Swearing is considerably worse than when I was growing up, but on the plus side violence is nowhere near as prevalent.

I'm determined not to let the bad behaviour of strangers come between me or my son and something we love.  So the deal I struck with him at the age of six when we decided to go for season tickets was as follows:  "If you go to the football you will hear bad language.  If you repeat bad language you won't go to the football".  We have both kept to the bargain.

BedsFFC

1. We could and should have scored more goals.... it isn't that we don't score enough but we should be scoring more based on the way we play and carve open the opposition. That is the one of the stories of the season.

We were scoring more goals. We were the league's highest scorers and put 5 past Reading and Huddersfield. A couple of teams (sheff w were one) played a strategy against us, pulling 8 men in the final 3rd when we got the ball that makes it extremely difficult to break through and then exploiting the space left by our full backs when we lose the ball. Its certainly had an impact on us. We are now the 3rd highest scoring team. We used to have lots of shots on goal and were v wayward but now its tougher and we are not having nearly as many shots as we did in the first half of season

Only Brighton have won by 2 goals at Ashton Gate and that was 0-2 as well.

nose

Quote from: BedsFFC on February 23, 2017, 02:35:01 PM
1. We could and should have scored more goals.... it isn't that we don't score enough but we should be scoring more based on the way we play and carve open the opposition. That is the one of the stories of the season.

We were scoring more goals. We were the league's highest scorers and put 5 past Reading and Huddersfield. A couple of teams (sheff w were one) played a strategy against us, pulling 8 men in the final 3rd when we got the ball that makes it extremely difficult to break through and then exploiting the space left by our full backs when we lose the ball. Its certainly had an impact on us. We are now the 3rd highest scoring team. We used to have lots of shots on goal and were v wayward but now its tougher and we are not having nearly as many shots as we did in the first half of season

Only Brighton have won by 2 goals at Ashton Gate and that was 0-2 as well.

I absolutely agree with everything that you are saying. It is just that most games I see and what i heard on the radio last night we should obviously be getting a few more for all our domination.

I am also very impressed we score quite so many having let two 'goalscorers' go. It is my opinion, although i cannoit prove it, if ross and dembele would have stayed i think we may well have got less goals. I know that is counterintuitive but when you have such players the team works for them, as we are we have a far mopre fluid arrangement and so there are more opportunities for others. Personally I like what we have now,I think it far better even though a more obvious recognised front man would help give more options.