watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Newcastle

Started by arnieb, February 21, 2017, 11:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arnieb

I'll be going to the Newcastle game and not having been before was wondering if anyone can tell me how far the city centre is from the ground and what's the best transport option to get there.

Cheers.

ffc2004

Walking distance, it's half a mile from the train station.

Burt

Not far at all. It depends if you stop at any of the watering holes on the way there! 15 minutes max if you don't get distracted...

ffc2004

Quote from: Burt on February 21, 2017, 12:38:33 PM
Not far at all. It depends if you stop at any of the watering holes on the way there! 15 minutes max if you don't get distracted...

I'm anticipating a long walk from my airbnb near to the station....I get there the morning before!

snarks

I'm deciding whether to drive or drive to London for the club coach. Either way it's a long day

dhowells21

You'll won't miss it from the city center.

Worth visiting the St James' Metro stop also if its your first visit. Very smart indeed.

Also bring your hiking boots & binoculars. 14 miserable flights of stairs await you.

f321ffc

I'm looking at staying two nights up there as there are no suitable flights from down here in the Westcountry, 6 1/2 hours drive so looking at leaving Friday lunchtime, night out Friday and celebrate 3 points Saturday night drive home Sunday.
No thrills hotels seem quite cheap just have to persuade the better half its the weekend away is that  she needs. 092.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Southdowns White

It's a good weekend trip, well worth doing, and yes 14 flights of stairs, not good for vertigo sufferers.

Williams Tale

You could always use the lift if you dont fancy the stairs ,

Chesh

Had a great time up there the year Kamara won it, and they went down with Shearer in charge.

Got a B&B in Whitley Bay (which is a good night out in itself at the right time of year, although was a bit chilly), and got the Metro into the city centre.

Would do it again this season if I was a bit flusher in the readies dept.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)