watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

crunch time

Started by nose, February 22, 2017, 11:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Apparently my pessimism surrounding the bristol game was unfounded and according to the radio london commentary on FM which I heard in full, we were in control for the whole game and really should have won with a rather more impressive margin.

I will follow the same pre match and match routine, following every custom and superstition to the minutest detail including sitting in the same seat and with my tablet placed on charge standing upright (it has worked well so far for away games) and hope that has the required effect in bringing in the trhee more points on Saturday i still feel are essential. The result will be everything so as long as we win I am not sure I care if it is a flukey own goal or wonder performance.

A second win will potentially see us three points from the play offs (actually i think a leeds wednesday draw is probably more useful in the long run) and what i would hope is the whole club would get an adrenaline rush and we would go into overdrive.

with the following five games, four being at home, fingers crossed the crowd can also play its part.

I am still not confident about saturday's game, because warnock is a pass master at spoiling tactics that could disrupt are silky smooth style and i also worry that we may either lose players to injuries and/or red cards on the day as a direct result of him. I may be doing the man a disservice but i will happy when the game is over and we are in one piece!

Carborundum

There's an awful long way to go.  In the spirit of uplifting optimism, just contemplate Derby.  Nine points in nine games. It happens.  Leeds and Reading don't strike me as much better than Derby, frankly I think they are less capable. So there's every chance one or both will do a Derby. 

My point is, the sky won't have fallen in when we lose next. Which we will. It's the Championship.

Huddersfield were awful when we played them, although with 20 wins notched up I'm minded to think that was an aberration.  Even if they do a Derby from here on in, they should still scrape in the six.  In which case I hope we get to meet them in the play offs.

nose

Quote from: Carborundum on February 23, 2017, 01:25:09 PM
There's an awful long way to go.  In the spirit of uplifting optimism, just contemplate Derby.  Nine points in nine games. It happens.  Leeds and Reading don't strike me as much better than Derby, frankly I think they are less capable. So there's every chance one or both will do a Derby. 

My point is, the sky won't have fallen in when we lose next. Which we will. It's the Championship.

Huddersfield were awful when we played them, although with 20 wins notched up I'm minded to think that was an aberration.  Even if they do a Derby from here on in, they should still scrape in the six.  In which case I hope we get to meet them in the play offs.

All you say is true. One of the big reasons for me to bang on about this next game and getting the six from bristol and cardiff is largely pychological and the lift it will give. True one point or even a loss isn't the end in theory, but for me we will be unlikely to get the head of steam needed. I still see cardiff as a must win.