Get in, 3 in a row

Started by fulhamben, February 22, 2017, 09:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: andyk on February 22, 2017, 10:15:14 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 22, 2017, 10:10:06 PM
Quote from: davew on February 22, 2017, 10:03:40 PM
Quote from: andyk on February 22, 2017, 10:01:41 PM
Another nice comfortable win away from home.
A win on Saturday and we will be right in the mix, with our destiny in our own hands for the play offs.

COYw.
The destiny is not exactly in our own hands, if we win all 14 remaining games we are still not guaranteed a play off place, but it will help (lol).
not sure if that is correct. Do Leeds and Sheffield weds still have to play each other.? If so 14 wins would guarantee it.

They still have to play each other, this Saturday, and we still have to play both of them. So if we win them all, we are in the play offs.
Well, if we win them all, we will probably go straight up, but you know what I mean.
Yes Andy I do, lot's of permutations on what could happen! In a few more weeks time we will know more, we cannot afford to slip up as we are still chasing points to catch the teams above us. If we keep winning, yes a very good chance of catching 1 or 2 teams above us, as for automatic promotion I don't think that will happen.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 22, 2017, 10:18:56 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 22, 2017, 10:17:02 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 22, 2017, 10:14:43 PM
Haven't been too well all day,went for a lie down earlier woke up to find we won 0-2....Coyw....Cough,Splutter,
Cough.
make sure you walk around in the garden naked for the next few days. Your illness could be our new lucky omen
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Stillbelieve

Big banana skin missed, we were good value for the win. COYW

fulhamben

Quote from: Stillbelieve on February 22, 2017, 10:26:13 PM
Big banana skin missed, we were good value for the win. COYW
Yep, whilst we are playing catchup every game is almost a must win. And one Stevie Gerrard and it could be season over
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

andyk

Quote from: davew on February 22, 2017, 10:20:13 PM
Quote from: andyk on February 22, 2017, 10:15:14 PM
A win on Saturday and we will be right in the mix, with our destiny in our own hands for the play offs.

COYw.
The destiny is not exactly in our own hands, if we win all 14 remaining games we are still not guaranteed a play off place, but it will help (lol).
not sure if that is correct. Do Leeds and Sheffield weds still have to play each other.? If so 14 wins would guarantee it.

They still have to play each other, this Saturday, and we still have to play both of them. So if we win them all, we are in the play offs.
Well, if we win them all, we will probably go straight up, but you know what I mean.
Yes Andy I do, lot's of permutations on what could happen! In a few more weeks time we will know more, we cannot afford to slip up as we are still chasing points to catch the teams above us. If we keep winning, yes a very good chance of catching 1 or 2 teams above us, as for automatic promotion I don't think that will happen.

No, only joshing, we will do very well to make the play offs this season and I am not expecting it.
But this has been the solid, foundation building season, we have needed for some time.
A few shrewd signings in the summer, keep the manager/coaching staff and we could win the Championship next year.

Zendra

Yes well done lads  . Pleased to see TC on score sheet again. Big question is can we make up the points difference .  I reckon we can but  there is no room for dropping any silly points . Don't think we will catch Sheffield who are good but quite how  Leeds and Reading have got where they are is a total mystery to me so despite the points difference I think those two are catchable.  Live in hope anyway.

Rambler

Heard piazon had a good game. Happy to hear - if he keeps this up he good be a very good choice for a permanent move. Possibly moulding into the new Dempsey??

Jimpav

Well that was decent.

Win our game in hand and we are only 3 points off the play offs.

In the past we would have slipped up in games like this so kudos to Slava and the boys for showing spirit and mental strength.

We got a little bit of flack for trying to play nice football against Spurs, which was quite sad to hear. Great that we were able to carry on as normal tonight.

Not sure if we will make the play offs but it's brilliant to be in a position to get excited about watching Fulham again.

Carborundum

Not just three in a row, but a clean sheet away from home.  Really wonderful response to Sunday's loss. 

Have enjoyed the maths above.  If we won the lot, we would have 94 points.  Which would surely be well above the sixth place cut off.  We won't win them all, but are very well placed to finish strongly. 

Having listened in September to Bristols fans singing "can we play you twice a week", there's now a real possibility that they won't be playing us twice a season and could even be two divisions below us next season.  Sadly for their fans, their other song "Freemans on fire" hit the dust when they sold him in January.  They have only beaten Rotherham since 3 December.  Funny old game.

Jamie88

Anyone remember the last time we won 4 league games in a row? .....our promotion season in 00/01 thats when :)
COYW

Stillbelieve

Is Slavisa deal bolted on? I would really fancy our chances next year with Slav and Khans support. Also what was travelling fulhams number?

MikeCdawg

Cardiff are also chasing their fourth win in-a-row, Having scored 11 in their last 3 games. This will be no stroll in the park.

COYW!

Twig

COYw.

Think that's correct.  That game comes up on Saturday doesn't it? COYW

ffc2004

Quote from: Stillbelieve on February 22, 2017, 11:20:23 PM
Is Slavisa deal bolted on? I would really fancy our chances next year with Slav and Khans support. Also what was travelling fulhams number?

Just over 600 I think