watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Breaking - Tony Khan Appointed

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 23, 2017, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burgf001

This should show that the Kahn's are interested in us and by promoting Tony it should encourage a slightly less hands off approach that we perhaps expect from them. Happy with this, and obviously Slav is too!

love4ffc

I agree with others, give him a chance and see how things go.  If Fulham can get Joka to sign an extension and keep building on what has happened this season then I see nothing but positives. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Baszab

Knows nothing about "soccer" and he and Kline really rubbed up SJ (and KS) the wrong way
Maybe he will learn how to properly manage a soccer club....but at our expense

At least they have signed up SJ which is great news (but it's only a football contract after all)

BestOfBrede

I think he sounds very enthusiastic and wants to prove he is up to the job, to his Pa as well as himself.

Good luck Mr Tony Khan!

The only thing I would suggest is, that he needs someone to assist with his business dress!
Doesn't look like a big business man, multi-millionaire and professional! I would be only too happy to oblige for a reasonable fee.
I do get the footwear due to be at a training ground, though!
Mind you I think Mr Shahid Khan could also do with my assistance in this area!

Oops, sorry lads n lass's nfr there but a thing of mine!

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: nose on February 23, 2017, 07:06:05 PM
congratlations to the son of the owner working his way up to the top of a profesion for which he has little experience and no appropriate qualification.

i would do the job 100 times better at 1/4 the price, and because i am a lifelong fan I would do it for nothing and even more sensibly if offered i would probably turn down through lack of appropriate experience, but i do consoder i am better qualified.

cynical?
you bet.

this isn't right, not right at all.

this now genuinely looks to be a plaything for one family, i do not believe the owner's son can be the best candidate for the job, who else was interviewed or considered.

believe me i understand family appointments and whether they actually make sense. i have specific and total experience of the same.

In what way is he any less qualified to be involved in the running of the club than his father, who you use every opportunity to criticise for his lack of involvement.

Fulham76

Is Tony Khan still involved with the jags or any other businesses, or is he predominantly Fulham now?

Also, does anyone know if he's living here now?

grandad

Time for every supporter to get right behind the owners & management & that includes Nose & Bazab.
Mr Khan is building a dynasty which MAF failed to do with his statement that Fulham would be part of the Fayed family for ever.
Where there's a will there's a wife

nose

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on February 23, 2017, 07:32:29 PM
Quote from: nose on February 23, 2017, 07:06:05 PM
congratlations to the son of the owner working his way up to the top of a profesion for which he has little experience and no appropriate qualification.

i would do the job 100 times better at 1/4 the price, and because i am a lifelong fan I would do it for nothing and even more sensibly if offered i would probably turn down through lack of appropriate experience, but i do consoder i am better qualified.

cynical?
you bet.

this now genuinely looks to be a plaything for one family, i do not believe the owner's son can be the best candidate for the job, who else was interviewed or considered.

believe me i understand family appointments and whether they actually make sense. i have specific and total experience of the same.

In what way is he any less qualified to be involved in the running of the club than his father, who you use every opportunity to criticise for his lack of involvement.

As chairman/owner you do not need to be that qulified but you do need a brilliant team around you. E.g. when maf purchased the club he got keegan

I have, by the way, always bben critical but unfortunately my disenchantment has grown and grown with the list of avoidable errors. My biggest gripe is actually lack of leadership and his stay away nature.

This appointment actually redresses some of that BUT tony kahn is hardly qualified for the job in any realistic sense and if he wasn'T the bosses son would have been unlikely to get an interview let aolne the job. Yet i heard his interview and he said we were  going back to the prem, so let us see how good he really is. I for one will not blame him per se if we fail this time but if we do not get a sensible squad next season and have a proper push for top two, then i will comment accordingly.

AlexW132

Quote from: grandad on February 23, 2017, 07:44:52 PM
Time for every supporter to get right behind the owners & management & that includes Nose & Bazab.
Mr Khan is building a dynasty which MAF failed to do with his statement that Fulham would be part of the Fayed family for ever.
:plus one:

AlexW132

I'm surprised Nose and Baszab are the only ones complaining so far. Then again, Woolly and Mince are yet to arrive...

Southcoastffc

One of the BIG positives mentioned in his interview was that there are 2 Asst DoFs, Craig Kline as Stats man and, most importantly, the Asst DoF, Head of Scouting, is Brian Talbot.  Talbot is a great asset to the club.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

cookieg

Quote from: Baszab on February 23, 2017, 07:23:15 PM
Knows nothing about "soccer" and he and Kline really rubbed up SJ (and KS) the wrong way
Maybe he will learn how to properly manage a soccer club....but at our expense

At least they have signed up SJ which is great news (but it's only a football contract after all)

Considering he knows nothing about "soccer" we aren't doing too badly this season.

nose

Quote from: AlexW132 on February 23, 2017, 07:57:52 PM
I'm surprised Nose and Baszab are the only ones complaining so far. Then again, Woolly and Mince are yet to arrive...

I amqualified in my comments. Its good and bad... read carefully.

AlexW132

Quote from: nose on February 23, 2017, 08:09:11 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on February 23, 2017, 07:57:52 PM

I amqualified in my comments. Its good and bad... read carefully.

cynical?
you bet.

[/quote]
Sounds pretty negative to me. Granted you said you'd give him time in the next post, but very much skewed towards negativity.

nose

079.gif50+ years a season ticket holder
A real fan, still playing
I booked my ticket at portsmouth wen we lookedall but relegated
I am entitled to comment
But you shud read all my comments on all postt

Anyway why are you singling out individual posters in a rather sneetibng way..... or others that are meerely stating their opinions..... mods will not be impressed

AlexW132

Quote from: nose on February 23, 2017, 08:23:39 PM
I am entitled to comment

Anyway why are you singling out individual posters in a rather sneetibng way..... or others that are meerely stating their opinions..... mods will not be impressed
Apologies, was not meant to be serious. Just suggesting we have a bit of positivity.

ToodlesMcToot

Granted, he's inexperienced and not fully qualified but he's ours, like it or not. The experience that he does have with us though seems to bode well for the future. He stated that he was fully with us for the entirety of this season. In that time, Motspur has been revamped, we completely rebuilt the squad using his methods, got at least partial buy-in from Slavisa into the recruitment methods, got Slavisa to re-sign, provided a foundation upon which Slavisa built one of the most entertaining and best passing squads in the league.

For all the lack of experience, I'd say he's got off to a fine start.

We had a thread started a week or so ago asking what is the signing of the season in the league. Well, I'd wager Slavisa is it.....for us anyway. Exciting times. I can't wait for the remaining games of the season and to see with the future holds for our club.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

nose

Quote from: AlexW132 on February 23, 2017, 08:31:04 PM
Quote from: nose on February 23, 2017, 08:23:39 PM
I am entitled to comment

Apologies, was not meant to be serious. Just suggesting we have a bit of positivity.

No offence taken i am far too touchy because i have couple of stalkers...
By the way i do agree with you, even i think i go over the top too often.
I actually really think this could be a very smart move.... talbot could be a master stroke....  time will tell.

Twig

Quote from: grandad on February 23, 2017, 07:44:52 PM

Er because Mr Fayed's options were severely limited, partly due to the loss of a much loved son and the disabilities of another.  Mohammed Al Fayed did not fail us in any way ever. Always did his best for FFC.

Milo

Haven't seen videos yet. I'll save that for when my girlfriend gets home and starts to talk about her day...

For now - I just note the ratio of the announcements via email. "A significantly good news day..." As the title. Yet... 70% of the email is filled with the opening announcement of Tony Khan signing on as Vice Chairman. Plus a picture of him beaming above it.

Oh... And there's a small picture of Slavisa on a balcony (alongside the MAIN announcement Mr Khan) who has also signed a deal today... Just in case anyone is interested...

Baffles me!

Plus... Note the announcement of SJ signing. Something along the lines of "with a new squad, built under the leadership of Tony Khan, Slavisa has..". It's almost as if poor old Slavisa is not allowed any limelight... That all the light must be shined on golden boy Khan.

Its a broad argument as to whether club structure or team management is more important. The reality is that one cannot work well without the other... Most likely. But surely even a naive owner can realise the fans place superficial importance on the latter?

Additionally, if I was Slavisa I would feel a bit irritated to say the least..