watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Southern Region Plan to Stop Fans Getting to Craven Cottage

Started by Southcoastffc, February 23, 2017, 07:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Irrespective of Strikes, Southern Region's so called 'service' is truly abysmal.  Again, we're stuffed for a home game, this time v Preston. B***ards

Saturday 4 March 2017

All day

Services between Clapham Junction and Watford Junction / Milton Keynes will not run.

Trains will be unable to call at stations between Purley and Horley. Replacement buses will operate calling at intermediate stations.

Buses will replace trains between Brighton and Littlehampton.

Late evening: 
Trains between London and Eastbourne / Ore will be diverted via Brighton. Replacement buses will operate between Haywards Heath and Lewes via Plumpton.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SP

I'm absolutely sick of trains, they used to be a great way to travel.  Received my Southern Rail compensation refund yesterday, less than 10% of my season ticket for untold stress & grief - what an insult.

Mince n Tatties

Alberto who do East Anglia are a joke,Cambridge to KingsX always standing room only,pathetic

AlexW132

We should take a leaf out of the German's book. I have used Deutsche Bahn many times over there and not once has a service ever been delayed or cancelled.

Tonywa

Quote from: AlexW132 on February 23, 2017, 08:40:25 PM
We should take a leaf out of the German's book. I have used Deutsche Bahn many times over there and not once has a service ever been delayed or cancelled.

Maybe in the past, but friends who travel regularly use Deutsche Bahn are always saying how poor the service is these days and how they are regularly late for business due to delays and cancellation.

AlexW132

Quote from: Tonywa on February 23, 2017, 08:59:31 PM

Maybe in the past, but friends who travel regularly use Deutsche Bahn are always saying how poor the service is these days and how they are regularly late for business due to delays and cancellation.
Maybe I was lucky then!

cmg

Haha!! Their shiny, nationalised railways are helped along by the money they cream off from 'our' tatty apology for a railway.
Deutsche Bahn owns Arriva who run: Arriva Wales, Cross Country, Chiltern, London Overground, Grand Central, Northern plus the major freight operator DB Cargo.

Mince's favourite Abellio is wholly owned by Nederlandse Spoorwegen, the Dutch nationalised railway. They also run Scotrail and are part owners of Merseyrail.

Just to complete the 'privatisation' picture, Govia, who run (or try to) Southern, Southeastern, Thameslink, Great Northern and London Midland, is 35% owned by French nationalised raiway SNCF.