watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

just seen the goals

Started by fulhamben, February 25, 2017, 05:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

some really poor defending from us again. both should have easily been cut out.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Slaphead in Qatar

for cardiffs first goal - who was our defender who let ball go past him?

fulhamben

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 25, 2017, 05:56:38 PM
for cardiffs first goal - who was our defender who let ball go past him?
think it was johanssen was it not?

Fulham76

Most games we create a chance or 2 for the other team.

Still a good result though. No one else has been able to beat them recently, so I'll take a point away at their place.

ScalleysDad

Whatever permutation of four we use it always looks like a error or two is embedded in it. Coaching should be sorting that out.
Mind you the Cardiff forward looked like he could make a snack out of everybody except McD. Button always looked to be in the right place at the right time but I wonder if he will get MoM?

fulhamben

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 25, 2017, 06:07:59 PM
Whatever permutation of four we use it always looks like a error or two is embedded in it. Coaching should be sorting that out.
Mind you the Cardiff forward looked like he could make a snack out of everybody except McD. Button always looked to be in the right place at the right time but I wonder if he will get MoM?
yes positioning was good, might struggle for mom as he still let in 2. will be in top 3 though, i should imagine

westcliff white

Johanssen made the error on the first and Ream for the second.

My question on the first is why Johanseen was the furthest back.

Button made some decent saves
Every day is a Fulham day

Fulham1959

Players make mistakes - they're human. 

It happens in every match.  It happens to every team and every player.

A good point earned, today.

andyk

Many of our mistakes at the back come from the style of play which the coaching staff are insistent the players follow.

It is the easiest thing in the world to lump the ball forward when at the back, or launch it into the crowd when under a bit of pressure. The Fulham players are being asked to think differently, and play a pass, even when under pressure, even when your the last man.
It is bound to lead to errors, and loss of possession, maybe a few soft goals. But I can see the reason, the plan behind it and it is a good one.
I still think, as the Spurs game showed, that this team is way below Prem standard, but playing this way and learning to hold possession is essential if the club wants a realistic promotion, followed by a stable spell in the Prem.

H4usuallysitting

If we took our chances, we would have won...... Warnock's teams can be difficult to cope with

fulhamben

Quote from: andyk on February 25, 2017, 07:36:28 PM
Many of our mistakes at the back come from the style of play which the coaching staff are insistent the players follow.

It is the easiest thing in the world to lump the ball forward when at the back, or launch it into the crowd when under a bit of pressure. The Fulham players are being asked to think differently, and play a pass, even when under pressure, even when your the last man.
It is bound to lead to errors, and loss of possession, maybe a few soft goals. But I can see the reason, the plan behind it and it is a good one.
I still think, as the Spurs game showed, that this team is way below Prem standard, but playing this way and learning to hold possession is essential if the club wants a realistic promotion, followed by a stable spell in the Prem.
agree with what you are saying, but todays goals were just down to unforced individual errors imo. think johannssen just took his eye off the ball, and not sure what ream was thinkin. going to ground when you are last man is pretty dumb.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Fulham1959 on February 25, 2017, 07:29:16 PM
Players make mistakes - they're human. 

It happens in every match.  It happens to every team and every player.

A good point earned, today.

correct