Do you know what

Started by H4usuallysitting, March 07, 2017, 10:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

I think we can make the playoffs

davew

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 07, 2017, 10:01:16 PM
I think we can make the playoffs
So do I, have written off getting any points at Newcastle (though we might get a draw), but we can't afford to lose more than 1 more other match before the crunch match with Wednesday.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SG

In our projections most I think would have had Wednesday down to beat Burton at home and probably had us down for a draw tonight. So in the long run you could argue we clawed back 2 points tonight with Wednesday only drawing

davew

Quote from: SG on March 07, 2017, 10:17:39 PM
In our projections most I think would have had Wednesday down to beat Burton at home and probably had us down for a draw tonight. So in the long run you could argue we clawed back 2 points tonight with Wednesday only drawing
In my book we didn't lose any ground and we didn't make any up either, it could have been worse, we looked like losing and they should have won, so effectively a 3 point swing! Not over until it's over!!!

Luka

Quote from: davew on March 07, 2017, 10:23:42 PM
In my book we didn't lose any ground and we didn't make any up either, it could have been worse, we looked like losing and they should have won, so effectively a 3 point swing! Not over until it's over!!!
d

"We looked like loosing and the should have won"... Which game were you watching ?

We battered them and had so many chances we should have won by three or four.
Just unbeliveable it took until the last minute for us to score.
They were very lucky tonight to get the point via an own goal and a goal not given even when It was over the line.

davew

Quote from: Luka on March 07, 2017, 10:38:52 PM
d

"We looked like loosing and the should have won"... Which game were you watching ?

We battered them and had so many chances we should have won by three or four.
Just unbeliveable it took until the last minute for us to score.
They were very lucky tonight to get the point via an own goal and a goal not given even when It was over the line.
In the 94th minute we were still 1 nil down, so we looked like losing, did you imagine we would equalise in the 95th minute??? I agree we should have easily won, hope that clarifies things?

Woolly Mammoth

Yes it was like Custers Last Stand and the Alamo all in one match. If it had been a Boxing Match it would have been stopped to save Leeds from receiving any further punishment.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 07, 2017, 10:45:57 PM
Yes it was like Custers Last Stand and the Alamo all in one match. If it had been a Boxing Match it would have been stopped to save Leeds from receiving any further punishment.
Who won at the Alamo, I had that down for a draw but never got paid out

Lighthouse

I you look at the results throughout the league it is all very tight. We could do well at Newcastle and struggle against lower teams. This is without ANY doubt a ridiculously exciting league. The fact that we are still in with a chance is good enough for me.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

davew

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 07, 2017, 10:52:08 PM
I you look at the results throughout the league it is all very tight. We could do well at Newcastle and struggle against lower teams. This is without ANY doubt a ridiculously exciting league. The fact that we are still in with a chance is good enough for me.
Probably 1 of the most competitive in Europe, certainly the most in Britain!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on March 07, 2017, 10:48:51 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 07, 2017, 10:45:57 PM
Who won at the Alamo, I had that down for a draw but never got paid out

General Santa Anna was the Victor.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose

well if we fail to make it by two points then the inability to convert penalties and my probett are to blame!

Twig

They should have won?  Sorry but from the footage I was watching there was only one team playing football out there last night.  We were patently the better team and we scored twice, why should they have won?

H4usuallysitting

Leeds were very lucky to get a draw last night - disallowed goal apart, they couldn't handle us