News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

YEEESSSS the board is back working properly for me.

Started by f321ffc, February 28, 2017, 03:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG

Quote from: Peabody on March 01, 2017, 07:20:33 PM
I have access with my laptop but IPad just reverts me to Saturday, wont allow me to login
Same for me with ipad

f321ffc

Still not working and often getting this message, but with17 users and 79 guests on line I assume the server not that  busy.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Friendsoffulham

Quote from: f321ffc on March 02, 2017, 09:23:58 AM
Still not working and often getting this message, but with17 users and 79 guests on line I assume the server not that  busy.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

It's nothing to do with how many are on line with us, its to do with how many others are currently thrashing the server. Its called throttling, taking away valuable bandwidth from one, and allocating it to another, common problem with some hosts.

f321ffc

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on March 02, 2017, 09:34:44 AM

Connection Problems

It's nothing to do with how many are on line with us, its to do with how many others are currently thrashing the server. Its called throttling, taking away valuable bandwidth from one, and allocating it to another, common problem with some hosts.
Ahhh I see, thanks for clearing that one up, good luck with the other problem.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Friendsoffulham

Quote from: f321ffc on March 02, 2017, 09:55:13 AM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on March 02, 2017, 09:34:44 AM

Connection Problems

Ahhh I see, thanks for clearing that one up, good luck with the other problem.

We upgraded with our present Host from a shared server to a cloud-based one, because they were doing the same there, but surprise, surprise, they are doing it again, after all the promises of a faster, more robust service. Although speeds did improve, the connectivity hasn't, and the dropouts are due to them starving us of Bandwidth, FOF's bandwidth requirements are quite high.

Anyway, we are and have been making copies of FOF, and testing them on some different servers, but this has been very time consuming. We will be moving, to a Host that fully supports the Simple Machines software, but we have to make sure its right.

Understand its frustrating for members, but these current issues won't be resolved until we move.   

bucksfulham

Laptop is fine but still not working on iPhone or iPad.

RaySmith

love4ffc

All,

As I have not yet experienced this particular problem (yet), I spent yesterday on several different devices logging in and spending time on the forum.  I guess I am lucky as I did not have any issues. 

A list of devices I played around with:

Iphone 5S
Iphone 7S
Samsung S4
Samsung S5
Ipad 2
Andriod tablet
Dell Laptop - windows 7 professional
Asus Laptop - windows 10

All of the devices have the latest software updates and the latest versions of web browsers for Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.  Sorry no FireFox, haven't used that in years.  The only problem I experienced actuall came from trying to post using Microsoft Edge.  Edge allowed me to do everything but use Emojis while posting.  Can't figure that one out. 

I am going to suggest for those you are experiencing problems to please go in and delete your cookies and browsing history.  Then relog into FoF and let us know how you are doing. 

I am suggesting this because it would seem there could be a problem with cookies not refreshing them self with our current version of the forum program.

Hope this helps. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

bucksfulham

Deleted cookies and history on iPad and iPhone still no go on either!

Friendsoffulham

Our Host, for what ever reasons, are also blocking/restricting us from updating to the newest version of SMF. It could be, that the older versions of SMF has bugs, or, the newer version supports the above updates that lovefffc mentions.

We are, however, working on this.

f321ffc

Deleted history and cookies again but still not working.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

bucksfulham

Quote from: bucksfulham on March 02, 2017, 04:50:13 PM
Deleted cookies and history on iPad and iPhone still no go on either!

Fine now
049:gif 049:gif

f321ffc

All ok now but I'm not holding my breath, fingers crossed its all ok now.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

love4ffc

I highly recommend everyone download the most up to date versions for Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari. 

I am using the latest versions on all of those devices that I used yesterday.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

General

I was wondering why the post and why so happy... I hadn't experienced any technical difficulties before you wrote this... UNTIL TODAY where there was absolutely nothing I could do to get on the site. Seems a tad ironic. C'est la vie.

f321ffc

Quote from: General on March 03, 2017, 05:23:21 PM
I was wondering why the post and why so happy... I hadn't experienced any technical difficulties before you wrote this... UNTIL TODAY where there was absolutely nothing I could do to get on the site. Seems a tad ironic. C'est la vie.
Quote from: General on March 03, 2017, 05:23:21 PM
I take it you are not using iPad/iPhone it's been a problem since Saturday to log in, now the board is back after today's problems it's back to the previous problem, I.E. showing last post at 1.15 Saturday and not being able to log in. 090.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

bucksfulham

iPhone and iPad STILL not working although they were OK last night.

Friendsoffulham

Quote from: bucksfulham on March 03, 2017, 05:48:55 PM

They won't, and it will be intermittent until we move Hosts. Unfortunately, our version of SMF is out of date, but, our current Host is restricting us from doing any updates, so we're a bit stuck. Whilst platforms like Apple, Android have all updated software their end, our old version of SMF is struggling to cope, and is a bit 'buggy'.   

Once again, we apologies for this, but we are working hard to resolve the issue.

Unfortunately, its not just a case of picking FOF up and moving it, we're having to test certain platforms to make sure they're reliable and compatible with what we do.

I don't think some people realise how big our bandwidth requirements are compared to other forums out there.

f321ffc

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on March 03, 2017, 06:01:39 PM
Quote from: bucksfulham on March 03, 2017, 05:48:55 PM

They won't, and it will be intermittent until we move Hosts. Unfortunately, our version of SMF is out of date, but, our current Host is restricting us from doing any updates, so we're a bit stuck. Whilst platforms like Apple, Android have all updated software their end, our old version of SMF is struggling to cope, and is a bit 'buggy'.   

Once again, we apologies for this, but we are working hard to resolve the issue.

Unfortunately, its not just a case of picking FOF up and moving it, we're having to test certain platforms to make sure they're reliable and compatible with what we do.

I don't think some people realise how big our bandwidth requirements are compared to other forums out there.
Good luck with this and a big thank you for all your efforts.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Holders

Not a moan, just an observation. I could get to the home page but not to the forum all day until about an hour ago. That's on a PC. I suppose there was a hosting problem
Non sumus statione ferriviaria