Tuesday
Aston Villa
2 - 0 Bristol City
Blackburn
1 - 0 Derby
Brighton
1 - 2 Newcastle

WhiteJC

Fulham must hang on to Newcastle target Tom Cairney - but it comes with conditions says team-mate
Sone Aluko believes hanging on to Tom Cairney is integral to Whites ambitions

Fire! Tom Cairney scores

Newcastle were sniffing around one of Fulham's prize assets in the January transfer window.

Sone Aluko believes hanging on to Tom Cairney is integral to Whites ambitions.

But the former Hull City player thinks Whites success is key to hanging on to their finest.

An undoubted star of the Championship this season, Cairney's left foot has bewitched opposition defences, and Fulham may have a task on their hands to keep him if they fail to make the play-offs at least.

Aluko knows it too.

Hug: Tom Cairney of Fulham (R) celebrates 2-0

"He's really shone this year, and he's been our captain when Scott Parker's not been playing," he said.

"It took them (the midfield) a while to get going, Stef (Johansen) arrived later. They've got a good balance and the whole team has a balance.

"We want to go to the Premier League with the team we've got, and if we're successful there's no reason for players to leave.

"It's up to us to be successful and keep the top players here."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-must-hang-newcastle-target-12664878

WhiteJC

Victory for Fulham Duo

Fulham Academy players Marlon Fossey and Luca de la Torre are on international duty with the USA at the CONCACAF U20 Championship in Costa Rica.

On Monday night they helped the USA to a historic win against 13 time competition winners Mexico, which gives them control of the classification stage. Captain Erik Palmer-Brown headed them the winner in the 29th minute, it is the only goal Mexico have conceded in the entire of this year's tournament.

Fossey played the whole of the match, and has featured in every game during this campaign for the USA. Their defence kept Mexico at bay, only allowing three shots during the 90 minutes, and none of their efforts finding their way on goal.

de la Torre played the large majority of the match, only making way deep into injury time, and has only been rested during the St Kitts and Nevis group game.

This landmark win is only the second time the USA have beaten Mexico at this level, the last time before the players were born, during the 1986 CONCACAF U-20 Championship.

To get to this round the USA had to navigate their way coming second in the group stages. Wins over Haiti and St Kitts and Nevis secured their passage into the Classification Stage, having lost their opening match to Panama. Since that match they have turned things around with three wins on the bounce, and will be hoping to win just two more to be crowned champions.

The country that finishes top of each Classification group goes into the CONCACAF final being played on March 5th. The top two of each Classification group qualify for the U20 World Cup which takes place this summer in South Korea.

This means that if Mexico beat El Salvador on Wednesday then the USA will only need a point in their own match against El Salvador to qualify for the World Cup and reach the CONCACAF U20 Championship final.

Their match against El Salvador can be seen this Friday 11.30pm on the CONCACAF facebook page.

Photograph curtesy of U.S. Soccer

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/february/28/victory-for-fulham-duo

WhiteJC

Fulham Named London Community Club Of The Year

Fulham will be recognised in Parliament for their outstanding community work having been named London Checkatrade Community Club of the Year as part of the 2017 EFL Awards.

It is the Fulham Football Club Foundation's third award in just five months, with this one considered one of the most prestigious awards going in the industry. FFCF are delighted to be recognised in this way, and hopeful that on Sunday 9th April, at the annual EFL Awards ceremony, they are announced overall winners from the list of six regional nominees.

Their showcase project – Independent Futures – delivered in partnership with Personal Independence CIC, is a behaviour change intervention designed to give young people the tools and skills to reach their potential and to reduce the risk of sexual exploitation, gang activity, domestic abuse and criminal behaviours.

The project impressed the judges, with its impact helping 32 participants from some of the most deprived backgrounds in London complete the behavioural and personal independence programme.

This is just one of 27 programmes the Foundation delivered in 2016, engaging more than 11,000 unique participants for an average contact time of 23 hours 43 minutes.

"We are extremely proud that the hard work carried out by the Foundation has been recognised in this way," FFCF CEO Steve Day commented. "It is testament to the effort that has been put into the Independent Futures project, something which is echoed across all our programmes."

Shaun Harvey, EFL Chief Executive, said: "The announcement of the Regional Award winners, provides a fitting tribute to the work that takes place to transform local communities through the power of football.

"All Clubs, not just the winners, work tirelessly to connect with local supporters and I am delighted to see such innovative and effective ideas recognised in this way."

The six regional winners were selected by an independent judging panel including The Times' Chief Football Writer, Henry Winter, Football Policy Advisor at the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, Sam Haylen, Director of CSR at The PFA, John Hudson and Sport England's Strategic Lead for Relationships, Greg Clements.

EFL Trust Director of Operations, Mike Evans, praised the fantastic work completed by all six clubs via the work of their community trusts. He said: "Without question this was the strongest year we have ever had in terms of quality of Community Club of the Year applications, giving the judging panel some really tough decisions.

"All of our club trusts should be rightly proud of their efforts, and for the six selected clubs it's a tremendous honour to be recognised by Parliament and to be showcased in the House of Commons.

"They are deserving winners and great ambassadors for the work of all EFL clubs in their communities across the country."

Earlier this year, the Foundation was recognised with both the London Sport 'Making it Easier' and Beyond Sport 'Best New Innovation' awards with London United for their ground breaking programme, fanActiv.

For more information, please contact Amy O'Brien, Business Development Manager, at [email protected]

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/february/28/community-club-of-the-year

WhiteJC

Jack Grimmer keen to play his part for Shrewsbury Town

Jack Grimmer has two targets – to keep Shrewsbury Town in the division and to keep the right-back slot in Paul Hurst's team.

Grimmer has joined Salop on-loan from Fulham.

The popular defender, on loan from Fulham, dusted himself down from a spell on the sidelines to play 90 minutes in the 2-1 reversal at MK Dons on Saturday.

It was a first taste of action since December 30, such has been the impressive form of his replacement Joe Riley, and he is expected to carry on in Hurst's defence as Salop welcome Charlton to Greenhous Meadow in League One tonight.

Grimmer had to watch from the stands for much of Town's recent six-game unbeaten run.

He still savoured every moment, due to his admiration for the club. Grimmer has trained hard behind the scenes to earn a chance to reclaim his berth.

Riley's hamstring injury, sustained against AFC Wimbledon a fortnight ago, opened the door, and Grimmer – in his third Meadow spell – wants to take full advantage.

"When you're not playing you need to act in the right manner," explained the defender. "You need to put the team before yourself. I had a chat with the gaffer and he understood that's what I would do. You train hard and well and wish the boys all the best because you don't want the club to be relegated.

"I've made so secret in my time here that I love the club and everyone's made me feel so welcome since I first joined. I've really gelled well with the club so it's a shame I haven't been playing.

"On the other hand you want the team to be doing well and pushing up the league. Even though I'm not signed to the club I would never want them to get relegated, if I play or not.

"It was bitter-sweet watching the lads win but it was easier to watch them win than lose!"

A recent chat with Hurst helped ease the situation and, following the unfortunate knock to Riley, Grimmer is determined to build on his 50 starts in blue and amber.

The Scot added: "It was just a little chat to see where we stood with each other. Not a clear the air or anything, just to see where we stand. It's always nice to know what the situation is. He handled it well and I feel that with my training, knuckling down and wishing the boys well, that I did too.

"I get on well with Joe. Competition's good and it keeps both of us on our toes.

"He took his chance when I was injured and fair play to him. I couldn't get back in the team. He's been playing well and the team's been winning – hopefully I can do the same."

Tonight's visitors sit four places and four points above Town in 14th.

But Karl Robinson's side are far from smooth-sailing as they acclimatise to life in the third tier. Difficult recent results, most notably at 1-0 home reversal to Bury on Saturday, alongside protests regarding the ownership spell for a torrid time for the Londoners.

Grimmer said: "I would think that they're on their guard now that they've lost two on the bounce but we've come off the back of a loss – we'll be on our guard too.

Read more at http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2017/02/28/jack-grimmer-keen-to-play-his-part-for-shrewsbury-town/#ksPSUyD47vhOL4XO.99

WhiteJC

Former Fulham player Zesh Rehman signs at Gillingham

Gillingham have announced the signing of former Fulham player Zesh Rehman on a short-term deal until the end of the season.

The 33-year-old defender has played in all four tiers of English football, having begun his career in the Premier League with Fulham before subsequent moves to Queens Park Rangers and Bradford City.

Rehman has since spent time in the Far East, playing for Muangthong United in Thailand, Kitchee in Hong Kong and, most recently, Malaysian Super League Side Pahang FA.

"I had a chat with the head coach, I was really impressed with what he had to say, and I'm hoping I can use my experience to help the team. I've spent six years and clocked up over 200 games playing overseas, so it's good to be back in England," the Pakistani international told the club's official website.

"I'm looking forward to rolling my sleeves up and helping in the fight to move the club up the Sky Bet League One table. I watched Tuesday's draw against AFC Wimbledon and thought the boys did enough to win, so it's clear I'm joining a talented squad of players. If we all pull in the same direction and never give up, I'm sure we can get a few wins on the bounce."

Manager Adrian Pennock added: "As everybody knows, I've been after an experienced centre-back for a few weeks and I'm very pleased to get Zesh on board. He'll give us his experience and brings with him great knowledge of this division."

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/former-fulham-player-zesh-rehman-signs-at-gillingham.aspx

WhiteJC

Fulham's Sone Aluko reveals what Slavisa Jokanovic is like behind the scenes
The Whites boss, serious in public, has another demeanour

Slavisa Jokanovic the joker?

It's true says Sone Aluko, who also offered an insight into the manager signing a new Fulham contract keeping him at the club until 2019.

"It gives the club stability, and that's rare these days," Aluko said.

"He's a mixture when he coaches.

"He can do the man management of just stand off – and say 'this is what I want'.

Heung-Min Son takes on Sone Aluko (Photo: Getty Images Europe)

"We know what he wants from us. There's no grey area, and it's what players want."

But Jokanovic as a comedian, all intensity and beard, is a new one for many as the Serbian takes the business of winning games incredibly seriously.

Aluko added: "He's a joker. He cracks a lot of jokes which may surprise people.

"He's different to how he might be with the press and on the outside to how he is with the players, and he bonds with them as well."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulhams-sone-aluko-reveals-what-12667835

WhiteJC

Derby fan: 'Fulham have deliberately tried to embarrass Rams over Chris Martin situation'

When it comes to striker Chris Martin and the ongoing saga at Fulham, Derby County supporters are divided in opinion with one claiming the London club is out to 'scupper' Derby's season.

Martin joined the London club on a season-long loan back in August when Nigel Pearson was manager of the Rams. He has scored 11 goals in 33 appearances for Fulham - that's just one less than Darren Bent (12 goals in 34 appearances) and Tom Ince (12 goals in 37 appearances).

When Steve McClaren rejoined Derby County, he made no secret of his admiration for the Scottish international - and made it clear that he wanted Martin to return to Derby County.

"He's a damn good player. We want Chrissy back and we'd take him back tomorrow but, unfortunately, it's out of my hands," said McClaren at the time.

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic was adamant, too, that Martin had moved to Craven Cottage in a season-long deal and that the Scottish international must stay until the end of the current campaign.

He said: "He's a very important player for my club. He's working well."

Derby offered Martin a new three-year contract - which he signed in January - and the striker will return to the East Midlands in May.

But, in another twist, it was revealed that Fulham 'still had an option to buy Martin at the end of the season'.

Martin has now not played a game for Fulham since February 11 and was left out of the squad for Saturday's 2-2 draw with Cardiff City in the Sky Bet Championship.

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-fan-fulham-have-deliberately-tried-to-embarrass-rams-over-chris-martin-situation/story-30168256-detail/story.html#L3p4cxACvYAV0611.99

WhiteJC

Jordan targets Gentry Day scoring repeat

Preston striker Jordan Hugill hopes Gentry Day at Fulham this weekend is just as good for him and the supporters as it was 12 months ago....

The Lilywhites head to London on Saturday to meet a Cottagers side who are just a point and two places ahead of them in the pack underneath the play-offs.

It will be the 11th Gentry Day and last season Hugill was on target in a 2-1 win at Bolton on the day when fans wore their bowler hats.

That was the first time PNE had won on Gentry Day, Hugill heading the equaliser with Eoin Doyle netting a late winner.

Hugill told the Post: "It was brilliant at Bolton, I scored our first goal and it was fantastic to win the game.

"I'm looking forward to Fulham and I'm sure the fans will have a great day out in London.

"Hopefully we can get the three points to help the day go well."

The visit to Craven Cottage has turned into a key clash with both sides eyeing a late run into the play-offs.

Hugill told the Post: "It was brilliant at Bolton, I scored our first goal and it was fantastic to win the game.

"I'm looking forward to Fulham and I'm sure the fans will have a great day out in London.

"Hopefully we can get the three points to help the day go well."

The visit to Craven Cottage has turned into a key clash with both sides eyeing a late run into the play-offs. Fulham are seventh, five points behind Sheffield Wednesday with a game in hand.

North End closed the gap on the Londoners thanks to the 2-1 win over QPR, coupled with Fulham drawing 2-2 at Cardiff City. Said Hugill: "We are in with a shout, we have narrowed the gap on the clubs above and are gaining ground.

"We have taken 10 points from the last 12 on offer and if we could beat Fulham, that would launch us right up there.

"I don't think many teams would like to play us at the moment."

Hugill heads to the capital as North End's top scorer with 11 goals, 10 of those coming in the league.

His 11th goal was the winner against QPR, with Aiden McGeady also on target. McGeady is a player who Hugill enjoys working with.

"You get absolute quality from Geads, we all saw that on Saturday with his goal," said Hugill.

"He will pick the ball up with nothing looking on but somehow stick one into the top corner.

"We were on the back foot a bit before Geads scored but he has the confidence to get on the ball and try something a bit different.

"It is brilliant to have someone like him at the club, we have got a lot of creativity with him, Callum Robinson and Daryl Horgan. Hopefully we can keep producing."

Read more at: http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/jordan-targets-gentry-day-scoring-repeat-1-8413664

WhiteJC

Middlesbrough and Fulham with similar transfer intentions ahead of summer window

At the weekend Fulham continued their scouting of Portuguese football by sending an official to watch the 1-1 draw between Vitoria Setubal and SC Braga. It's not the first time Fulham have watched Braga recently, having someone attend their match against Vitoria Guimaraes at the end of January.

Middlesbrough have also been watching Braga sporadically over the past year or so, and it would appear someone has caught the eye of scouts from both English clubs.

Portuguese newspaper A Bola cover the trip and they believe two players will have stood out for Fulham, Middlesbrough and other clubs attending.

Ricardo Horta is a 22 year old attacking midfielder and he again impressed for Braga against Setubal. Horta is on a season long loan deal at Braga from La Liga side Malaga.

A Bola believe central defender Lazar Rosic (pictured) will have also impressed. Rosic is a 23 year old Serbian and previously played for Vojvodina, as did Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic.

There's no indication of either Middlesbrough or Fulham making moves for one of the youngsters, but if they keep returning to watch Braga then the rumours will surely build.

Middlesbrough and Fulham also had scouts attend Sporting's 2-0 victory over Estoril on Saturday, with Middlesbrough at Benfica's 3-1 win over Chaves on Friday.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/middlesbrough-fulham-similar-transfer-intentions-ahead-summer-window/

WhiteJC

Paul Konchesky linked with making bizarre move away from Gillingham

Six-and-a-half years ago Paul Konchesky made the biggest move of his career from Fulham to Liverpool.

It was supposed to signal the start of a new chapter for the left-back and even he must have had his sights on reclaiming a spot for England when he arrived at Anfield.

While it certainly signalled a new chapter it definitely wasn't the one he would have liked.

Less than a year later, Konchesky was shipped out and, bar playing a key role in Leicester's promotion to the Premier League in 2014, has gradually been on the decline ever since.

The two-time England international joined Gillingham at the start of the season after being released by the Foxes back in the summer but could well be on the move again - and it's a bizarre one.

http://www.givemesport.com/995944-paul-konchesky-linked-with-making-bizarre-move-away-from-gillingham?autoplay=on

WhiteJC

Grant: The Next Focus

Fulham are playing AFC Wimbledon in the final group fixture of the Premier League Cup this Thursday, having already secured their spot as group winners after their dramatic 4-2 win over Charlton Athletic on Friday night.

"I was delighted with the attitude," commented Head Coach Peter Grant on their recent performance.  "We made sure it was going to be difficult right from kick off.

"I think we were playing against a good Charlton side to be fair to them, they've got a lot of pace and a lot of power in their side.

"They turned us over over in the away fixture 3-1 so we knew how difficult it was going to be. They beat Middlesbrough 5-2 the week before so we watched that closely and we made sure we were going to prepare right for it, it was a very good night with some fantastic goals."

"It's a big part of what we are trying to achieve here," Grant remarked. "Getting into that habit of winning games and playing well in games, and allying that to the performance is so important.

"It's massive for these young boys that their performances are very good and we believe that if we perform well, that nine times out of 10 we will be successful with the players we have."

Fulham have a full week with Wimbledon on Thursday and then they switch their attention straight back to the PL2 on Monday when they travel to Blackburn.

"We have two games in quick succession," Grant said. "There are a few boys with knocks from the game the other evening which is common. At the start of the week they managed to train so we will see.

"We have other boys coming back from injury who maybe need some minutes so we've got to utilise that between now and the Blackburn game because it's not just a matter of playing Thursday, it's the way the week ends up with preparing, and then we are travelling Sunday so it's a big week for us in that respect.

"We want to keep challenging Swansea in the league until it is mathematically impossible." Grant stated. "We want to get as close as we possibly can and we know they are difficult games we have coming up.

"We will pick the team to win the game, its not about just giving somebody a game, somebody will have earned that chance to get into the team and that is what we will continue to do. I've been delighted with the young boys that have come up from the 18s, they have been excellent.

"The next focus and the single focus has got to be Wimbledon, we want to continue winning and we want to continue playing well.

"To do that you have to prepare right and that's want we'll be doing for the Wimbledon game whether we are through or not it doesn't matter, because we want to win the games we are involved in."

The Wimbledon match is Thursday 1pm at Chelsea's Cobham training ground behind closed doors, you can see live updates on Fulham's twitter page.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/february/28/grant-the-next-focus

WhiteJC

Button: Stamp Our Authority

His heroics between the sticks on Saturday earned David Button a Man of the Match award from the fans after Fulham's 2-2 draw at Cardiff but the keeper would prefer three points to personal glory as the season enters its final run-in.

Stefan Johansen broke the deadlock on 17 minutes before a Kenneth Zohore brace either side of the half gave Cardiff the lead but substitute Neeskens Kebano handed Fulham a draw on 68 minutes.

Fortunately Button was also able to welcome his 28th Birthday on Monday with a well-earned day off and spend some time with his young family after a tough game in Cardiff.

"With the way the game went I think that a point was probably fair," Button told the Club's Official Website.

"Certainly before the game we were looking to get three points but they have improved and I don't think there will be many teams that go there between now and the end of the season and get three points so the result itself was not a bad result."

Button was kept busy early on and made two fine saves a minute apart from each other in the 10th and then the 11th minute of the game. First he denied Sol Bamba from a corner shortly followed by a spectacular save courtesy of a Junior Hoilett effort from just four yards out.

"We have enough experience within the team for people to know that away from home sometimes teams like that are going to come out and make a fast start so it was just about steadying the ship and making sure we didn't concede early on," he said.

Picking up 34% of the vote Button's six important saves saw him beat Tom Cairney (20%) and Stefan Johansen (15%) to the fans Man of the Match award, something he felt uncomfortable about receiving.

"I was fairly happy with my performance," Button reflected. "That is probably the busiest I have been in a while.

"The defence has been excellent all season so I have not been overworked.

"I prefer when I don't get man of the match because it normally means that we've won or someone has scored a couple of goals so if I don't get it between now and the end of the season I'll take that because it means we are winning more than we are losing."

The Whites will welcome Preston to Craven Cottage on Saturday in a big game for the race to the play-offs, Fulham have the opportunity to go five points clear of their visitors with a game in hand.

"It was a tough game up at Preston and we are expecting another tough challenge on Saturday," the goalkeeper said. "We are confident that we can go into every home game and beat any team that we come up against.

"Hopefully people think we are serious contenders to make the play offs but if they don't then great because obviously it means we are going under the radar.

"We know within the group what we are capable of and it is within our hands to a certain extent because a lot of those teams have to play each other."

Kids can get into the Cottage for just £1 against Preston and Button is excited for the opportunity to play in front of the Fulham faithful again.

"It's always nice to play at home in front of the Fulham fans so with four out of the next five games at home I think it's going to be really important for us to stamp our authority and get the crowd behind us.

"Kids for £1 is obviously a great initiative that the club do and it gets young fans at the game and hopefully we can put on a good show for them and create a few fans that want to keep coming back."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/february/28/button-reaction

WhiteJC

David Button wishes he got the win rather than the man of the match award

Fulham's David Button has told the club website that he would rather his team than claim personal awards for himself.

The Cottagers drew 2-2 with Cardiff City at the weekend but while he ended up conceding goals from Kenneth Zohore in the match, Button was named man of the match after an impressive performance. It's likely that if it wasn't for the former England U21 international, Fulham may have ended up losing the game.

But while Button was obviously happy to claim the man of the match award, he has said that he would rather get the win than have awards for himself. He said that usually when he wins the man of the match award, it means the team haven't won as when they do, the person who scores the goal ends up picking up the honour. So he'd rather not get the award and get the win and three points instead.

He said: "I was fairly happy with my performance,"

"That is probably the busiest I have been in a while."

"The defence has been excellent all season so I have not been overworked."

"I prefer when I don't get man of the match because it normally means that we've won or someone has scored a couple of goals so if I don't get it between now and the end of the season I'll take that because it means we are winning more than we are losing."

Button will hope to get that win when they face Preston North End at the weekend.

http://the72.co.uk/76340/david-button-wishes-got-win-rather-man-match-award/

WhiteJC

LUFC Extra Tickets For Fulham Trip

Leeds United have received an extra 195 restricted view tickets for their trip to Fulham next week.

Leeds visit Craven Cottage next Tuesday, March 8th, (7.45pm) and they have now received an extra allocation after selling out their initial allocation of 2800 tickets within ten minutes of going on sale to Gold Members last week.

Tickets will go on sale to season ticket holders and Gold and International Members at 10.30am on Wednesday March 1st on a first come first served basis.

If any tickets remain, they will go on sale to Silver members on Thursday March 2nd at 10.30am on a first come first served basis.

Adult tickets are priced at £23.

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=482286#ixzz4a3db9PH9

WhiteJC

Winger Ruled Out For 2 Months During Fulham's Crucial Promotion Battle; Can They Cope?

Chelsea loanee Lucas Piazon is set to face a lengthy period on the sidelines after he went under the knife to fix his broken jaw. The 23-year-old will now be out for a period of two months.

Piazon's injury is a mighty blow to Fulham's promotion hopes as the Cottagers are eying a return to the English top flight. Fulham have been playing in the Championship for the past two seasons and this is their third term in the English second tier since getting relegated from the Premier League in the 2013-14 season.

The incident happened when the Brazilian collided with Cardiff City player Kadeem Harris. He has been very impressive for the Whites this season and has also netted six goals for them. He was initially signed for a four-month tenure but after watching his form, the club decided to extend his loan stint until the end of this season.

Fulham released a statement regarding his injury, "Following an injury sustained in the first half of our 2-2 draw with Cardiff City, the club can confirm that Lucas Piazon underwent surgery on his jaw on Saturday evening.

"A rehabilitation period of approximately two months is expected. Further information will be [released] in due course."

Piazon had earlier plied his trade with Reading and this is his second term in the Championship. The winger had made only one appearance for Chelsea and that too came way back in 2012. Fulham are currently seventh in the Championship, five points adrift of Sheffield Wednesday who are sitting in the final playoff places.

Piazon was cautioned by the referee after he fouled Harris in the 2-2 draw against Cardiff City. Piazon is very determined to be back before the season ends and posted a picture of himself on Instagram after the operation. Fulham failed to maintain their winning run but managed to rescue a point against Cardiff City through Neeskens Kebano who scored at the stroke of 68th minutes to give the Cottagers a solitary point from the game.

Given that a promotion to the Premier League via playoffs is still very much on the cards, this was a devastating blow to Fulham. The question now remains, can the Whites cope without Lucas Piazon for the next 2 months? If the answer to that question is yes, maybe Piazon can be that 'new signing' who helps Fulham over the line in the playoffs.

http://the4thofficial.net/2017/02/winger-ruled-2-months-fulhams-crucial-promotion-battle-can-cope/