watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Matin Situation is "Normal" plus Injury Update v Preston

Started by Friendsoffulham, March 03, 2017, 07:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic insists Chris Martin situation is "normal" and gives injury update ahead of Preston tie

The 28-year-old was absent from the squad for Fulham's 2-2 draw with Cardiff last week but the boss is expecting him to play a big part in Fulham's season

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has insisted the situation with on-loan man Chris Martin is "normal", despite the striker missing from the squad during the 2-2 draw with Cardiff.

The turn of the year has seen several complications between the Derby man and Fulham, starting when he made himself 'unavailable' for the abandoned tie with Reading.

He signed a new contract at Derby but Jokanovic has previously said he wouldn't be returning to his parent club during the January Transfer Window - with Martin returning to the Fulham line up.

However, the 28-year-old was absent from the Cottagers' squad for their trip to South Wales, but his manager insists everything is normal and he expects him to play a big part in his side.

He said: "The situation is completely normal, he is working hard to try and improve himself and very soon I believe he will be at the optimal level to be a big part of the team and help us.

"Thanos (Petsos) is injured and Lucas is too but everyone else is available for the game tomorrow, and that includes Chris Martin."

Meanwhile, Jokanovic expects all but two players of his squad to be fit for tomorrow's tie, including Floyd Ayite who was an injury concern after the draw in Cardiff.

He added: "Lucas Piazon will be out of the squad for between six-eight weeks while Thanos (Petsos) has a calf problem and we are assessing him but he still hasn't started working with us.

"All our other players are available for the game against Preston tomorrow."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-manager-slavisa-jokanovic-insists-12689086

davew

Good news about Ayite being available for tomorrow, maybe still a chance to keep our unbeaten run going. If we had been left without Piazon and Ayite injured, Aluko (not really a striker), Cyriac (still at the moment out of his depth in our league) and Martin (no need to really mention him), we would be bare up front to say the least! This week could define whether we really are good enough to mount a play off challenge or will it be we will pay for the lacklustre January transfer window? Sadly I fear the latter will soon be the case especially if we get any more injuries! I am sure the lads will give 100% effort though!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamben

Ffs, just when results start to go our way, the derby player returns
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Wearethewhites

To be honest, we are going to need Martin in certain games, and for me, Preston, Leeds are prime examples.

twang

Quote from: davew on March 03, 2017, 07:32:24 PM
Good news about Ayite being available for tomorrow, maybe still a chance to keep our unbeaten run going. If we had been left without Piazon and Ayite injured, Aluko (not really a striker), Cyriac (still at the moment out of his depth in our league) and Martin (no need to really mention him), we would be bare up front to say the least! This week could define whether we really are good enough to mount a play off challenge or will it be we will pay for the lacklustre January transfer window? Sadly I fear the latter will soon be the case especially if we get any more injuries! I am sure the lads will give 100% effort though!

From the offal:

Floyd Ayité also left the field of play prematurely last week and is unlikely to be risked in Fulham's upcoming matches, while Thanos Petsos is also out.

"We expect Floyd is going to be with us in a few days," Jokanović explained. "It's probably 99.9 per cent that we're going to lose Floyd for the next two games, but the possibility exists that he could be ready for the Newcastle game.

davew

Twang my posting was based on Joka's pre match interview today, is this fake news thing now being adopted in the UK as well as America! I am not going to have a good day tomorrow (lol) if you are right!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

toshes mate

Good to know SJ is expecting Martin to work hard to get back into the team and as good as tells him and us that that is the case.  He may get another run out as a sub and it'll be time for people to look at the lad critically and assess his performance in the often difficult space of less than half-an-hour in the manner of all other bench players trying to break into starting places.

alfie

Quote from: fulhamben on March 03, 2017, 07:42:10 PM
And should he knock in a hat trick what then?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

Quote from: alfie on March 04, 2017, 09:18:09 AM

It would certainly get right up the nose of a certain manager with an apparently inappropriate fondness for him, this season at any rate....

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on March 04, 2017, 09:18:09 AM

it's far more likely that he won't from recent performances. And one hat trick wouldn't negate the damage he has done to our season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

grandad

Listening to the interview with Tony Khan it seems that Martin can´t be held responsible for the situation. Khan mentioned illegal activities that did not involve Fulham nor Martin. There is some form of litigation directed towards McClaren & Derby.
Maybe this got into Martin´t mindset & affected him more than we think.

We don´t really know what went on so I am prepared to see if he gives 100% to our cause. I never wanted him anywhere our squad when this business started. Hindsight is a useful tool.
Where there's a will there's a wife