watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Huddersfield goal yesterday !

Started by Riversider, March 05, 2017, 02:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Does every goal we concede have to be someone's fault?

Next time Cairney or Johansen deliver a slide-rule pass inside the full-back and perchance we actually score a goal from it, will the O.P. be on here saying how fortunate we were that our opponent made a defensive error? Perhaps he will. The rest of us, however, will be rightly acclaiming our own player for his vision and skill.

nose

we all love sess but iu felt at times he was world class yesterday and one tends to forget when he goes wrong he is not yet 17. IMO it was not his best game by a long way and he was very badly at fault for their goal.... the pass was brilliant but he was caught in two minds and dithered, there are only so many times your natural pace will get you out of trouble, it failed for their goal.... no big deal, he is an attacking full back that brings miles more to the party than his errors cost us. I agree if we heap praise then we should highlit fault but for a not yet 17 year old he remains imense!

Lighthouse

Quote from: snarks on March 05, 2017, 04:57:12 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on March 05, 2017, 04:52:38 PM
Poster makes mistake. 17 year old player makes mistake. While I take the point that Sess is one of those players that doesn't come in for much criticism. I have seen comments made many times, I have made them myself in the past that he is better going forward than defending. As for Button not being praised. Again there have been plenty of posts on him doing well of late.

People will always make mistakes.

I take it saing he's 17? is deliberate too

I take it you meant SAYING and not SAING and as I didn't actually say anything but in fact wrote it. I will none the less take your point. 16, 17, 102, a defender who misreads a pass. A poster who misnames a team. A poster who miss spells a post. There will always be somebody who will be there to point it out.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Ged

I think we should start slaging off posters who make howlers
Riverside made a dreadfully mistake today didn't even know who we were playing

Scrumpy

Quote from: filham on March 05, 2017, 03:38:40 PM
Sessignon is extremely young and has a lot to learn before he is a multi million pound player. Whoever buys him in the summer will be investing in the player he can become and not the player he is at this moment. Of course he is going to make mistakes and hopefully learn by them.
At this moment Malone is probably the more solid defender of the two and will for a while be played in games where we are likely to be under extreme pressure defensively.

I don't like being too critical of our players, I am certainly not going to pull a sixteen year old apart for a single mistake.

Agree with a lot of what you say but Sessignon is going nowhere in the summer. Trust me. He has signed a pre-contract agreement which keeps him at the Club until he is 19. If we don't go up next season then he may move on then. If we do go up, then I like to think he will stay on for a few seasons. A very down to earth family and very different animal from Mr P Roberts.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

The Rock

Stockdale is Huddersfields best keeper, fact.

Sess was at fault yesterday, and hopefully he'll learn. And Tim Ream was caught out as well, who's positioning is terrible and derserves all the critism one can provide and consistently the weakest link, though he's excellent every 3 out of 5 games. To be fair,  Ream can't be blamed solely for this one. They were all playing too high a line and perhaps they were generally pressing as they smelt blood.

leonffc

Quote from: Arthur on March 05, 2017, 08:18:51 PM
Does every goal we concede have to be someone's fault?

Next time Cairney or Johansen deliver a slide-rule pass inside the full-back and perchance we actually score a goal from it, will the O.P. be on here saying how fortunate we were that our opponent made a defensive error? Perhaps he will. The rest of us, however, will be rightly acclaiming our own player for his vision and skill.

Every goal in football comes from a mistake somewhere. So thankfully mistakes happen or it would be a boring game!

I too thought their goal came from a very  good ball inside the full back. Could Sess have been a couple of yards inside? Maybe but as said, he's a kid learning the game and there are adults in Champions lg games that make the same 'error' so to blame the lad is a bit harsh.
Although I did say at half time I didn't think Sess was having a great game. His final ball wasn't good but again, I'm not going to criticise a boy that has set the bar so high for himself. Just because he wasn't having a great game doesn't mean he was awful, he aqhd a steady match. Malone has had games where his delivery has been poor, they are all human beings.

toshes mate

Sessegnon's face and body language said everything immediately he realised how good that pass and move was, and, to be fair, whoever it was Fulham played on Saturday were a pretty useful side at times.   Is anyone on here absolutely sure Saturday happened?

Woolly Mammoth

Now we are on the subject, in the longer term, I would like to see Ryan Sessegnon in a more forward roll as I feel he is so good going forward, and with his talent and natural skills and ability, I feel he is wasted at left back. Playing Scott Malone at left back and Ryan further forward could be more beneficial.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on March 06, 2017, 08:47:10 AM
Sessegnon's face and body language said everything immediately he realised how good that pass and move was, and, to be fair, whoever it was Fulham played on Saturday were a pretty useful side at times.   Is anyone on here absolutely sure Saturday happened?

Come to think of it, and now that you have mentioned it, and on reflection, and with hindsight, and a Crystal Ball, and a further check in my Diary, and a brief look at the Callender. Plus further research with a Fortune Teller, a Tarrot Card Reader. An Astrologer, A Psychic, a Prophet and a Time Traveller.
To be honest, after careful consideration and aforthought, I  cannot be 100% sure myself.

Never forget your Roots.

General

It's like comparing a Hangeland own goal to a Tony Warner fumble... Hangeland, like Sessegnon, are the model of consistency and a high standard of playing week in week out, but by default in playing in Defence they will be the problem with goals every once in a while - unless you expect us to never concede.

Tony Warner would be given a pass back from an opposition player and still let it slip through his arms. Nice guy, but not the best goalie.

(that was probably harsh on Ream who is not that bad, but the comparison is there)

Sessgnon is what 10 years younger in experience.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Riversider on March 05, 2017, 04:56:20 PM
Huddersfield/Barnsley/Leeds/ Preston you've seen one northern team you've seen them all  065.gif

Gist of what I said still applies he switched off for their goal yesterday and if one of the scapegoats had done the same we would never had heard the last of it.

Two points you overlook:

- Button's performance yesterday was also given leeway in that we could have been a goal down after his misdirected header straight to McGready early in the match (see 0.15 secs. into FFCTV highlights)

- as is always the case, there were several failures leading up to their goal including the midfielder backing off the passer in midfield leaving no pressure on the pass and our player in front of Sessegnon not chasing back as the goalscorer ran passed him (3.40), both errors leaving Sessegnon exposed.

But why bother with getting details like the name of the opposition right, recognising that your selection Button were also given slack because we won or doing some fair analysis of our defensive error when the gist of your post was to have a dig at some posters that seem to have annoyed you?

MJG

A few things top note from pictures below

How well the back four has been drilled to hold that line
the runner is being tracked by kebano and he basically lets him go.
Sess has his eye on teh ball constantly but finds himself flat footed and unable to turn and catch the runner who kebano let go.

My initial thoughts are still the same, well weighted pass to a player who has timed his run well and I'm not blaming Sess.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MJG on March 06, 2017, 01:11:29 PM
A few things top note from pictures below

How well the back four has been drilled to hold that line
the runner is being tracked by kebano and he basically lets him go.
Sess has his eye on teh ball constantly but finds himself flat footed and unable to turn and catch the runner who kebano let go.

My initial thoughts are still the same, well weighted pass to a player who has timed his run well and I'm not blaming Sess.

Hmmm, I see what you mean, all credit to the scorer, and the player who made the pass, I would imagine on this occasion.

Never forget your Roots.

We Are Premier League

A lot of good comments here!

He is young and will make mistakes, and he has especially at the start of the season when the central defenders were blamed for some of them.

Ashley Cole springs to mind...great going forward but cost chelski a lot of goals at the other end as well.

nose

the pictures are brilliant and prove sess is badly at fault. he is holding the line well but his body shape is wrong to track the run. In fact of the day it was obvious that if he would have been a bit more experienced he would have been ready for the ball to be played behind him instead of trying to anticipate a square ball (which is what I thought he was actually doing).
Kebanao might have stayed with the runner but that isn't his job in that position it was sess's man
the opass was brilliant, first class, but sess nonetheless made an error.
However it does not stop him being a brilliant player, a firm favourite with everyone and will not damage his career. everyone makes errors, i even recall bobby moore's spectacular headed own goal when playing for us.....   

cmg

Credit to McGeady who knew exactly what was going on before he even received the ball from the left. He looks over twice before he gets the ball and is fully aware that Sess is ball-watching. Barkhuizen indicates where he wants the ball just after starting his run.
Kabano is not a defender but should have gone with Barkhuizen, he has the speed and if he had gone with him could have 'eased' him out and prevented him from coming inside.
Sess recognized his error immediately and will learn from it.
It is absolutely brilliant that a 16 year old can play so well at this sort of level. He was a constant threat down the left for at least threequarters of the match and delivered some excellent corners from the right.
But he is only 16. There are some obvious Bale comparisons (and there are some valid similarities, including Bale's initial defensive weaknesses) but generally speaking there is no current yardstick for Sessegnon. The next youngest regular Championship defender (Bree of Barnsley) is almost three years older than Ryan!

westcliff white

To be fair I also felt that Kebano should have been tracking the man further back as he just stopped running before the pass was made.

In the end didn't matter as we won, so all good
Every day is a Fulham day

Grumpy Worthing White

Quote from: bog on March 05, 2017, 03:45:29 PM
Is that Huddersfield North End? Preston Town lost to Newcastle & Boscombe Athletic yesterday....

092.gif
Brilliant..... 064.gif  064.gif  064.gif

Peabody

Can I just remind everyone that we actually won and indeed, won well.