watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If next season is to be our season !

Started by Riversider, March 08, 2017, 01:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

How many players do you think we need to turn our side from a good side in to a very good side ?
Personally, I think we need a left back, two centre backs (plus Kalas again) a midfielder to help lighten the work load placed on Cairney, Johansen and KMac, and two top quality strikers,
Get those six signings right and I think we can push for the top 2 next season, if it should be Boro, Hull and Sunderalnd coming down I can't see any of them being as strong as Newcastle next season, or even Brighton come to that,
The division should be wide open next season and we could well be the team to beat !
COYSW  049:gif

Keynsham

If we retain everyone then realistically we could do it with the current squad, less that disasterous month we had at the start of the season.

Obviously additions would help that immensely though.

Asotosyios

Getting a bit out of subject and asking a different question. Not trying to be pessimistic, but just curious what hurts more...or less.

If this year is not our year and we are not to go up, what would you prefer?
A. Finish 7th
B. Lose at the play-offs semi-final
C. Lose at the Wembley final

Woolly Mammoth

Hmmm, After careful consideration and aforethought, and the chewing of fat, and a further recount, plus some research, and the gathering of information, finally resulting in a play off of Paper, Stone, Scissors. I have decided to choose (D).
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Asotosyios

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 08, 2017, 08:41:19 PM
Hmmm, After careful consideration and aforethought, and the chewing of fat, and a further recount, plus some research, and the gathering of information, finally resulting in a play off of Paper, Stone, Scissors. I have decided to choose (D).
Me too and what was that again? (Lol)
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on March 08, 2017, 08:46:04 PM

It could have been D for Doom ed, but it's actually D, for Winning the Final.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

Winning the playoffs?

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 08, 2017, 08:50:53 PM

It could have been D for Doom ed, but it's actually D, for Winning the Final.
If we make the play offs I would definitely vote for D then, thanks for the clarification. E still remains an option though!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

General

I think we'd need 4 or 5 players whilst retaining our best players. We'd obviously be getting rid of Martin, so a top striker (or two) I'd want to see come in alongside another top CB and one more for cover and then another winger and maybe a CM to add to Johansen, McDonald and Cairney competition. Would allow us to keep going and not tire out when we get into playing games three times a week.

General

And by retaining our best players I include deals for Kalas and Piazon.

nose

good question in the OP but for me let's finish this season first and see where that gets us.
Then
let's see who stays and who jumps ship, that will be key.

@jolslover

2 strikers, one creative CM (back up to Johansen/Cairney) (Jozabed could be this guy), Keep Kalas and Piazon.   I think that is a minimum to make a serious challenge for the top two. I suspect we will do more than just that however.
STH H3

Holders

As we went so many years wanting a Murph replacement (and maybe Johansen is it at last) I think, as well as the obvious CF and CB, if we were to go up we'd need a Parker replacement - that steady experienced presence to call on when needed.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

hovewhite

Go up or stay for another season in the championship  not worried,but we will need 2 more CBs 1 being kalas,a centre midfielder 2 strikers.
Plus keep cairns.

love4ffc

Quote from: nose on March 08, 2017, 11:24:19 PM
good question in the OP but for me let's finish this season first and see where that gets us.
Then
let's see who stays and who jumps ship, that will be key.
It is true we need to stay to focused on the remainder of the season but if I were to speculate.......

We need two very good CB's, two really good strikers, another CM to take Scott's place and two outside defenders for both sides. 

All of this of course depends on Joka being able to keep the majority of our key players. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?