watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I feel we were robbed of a win.

Started by Forever Fulham, March 08, 2017, 09:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

Where's the goal line technology?  The Hawk Eye thing a ma doo hickey that tennis uses to show if ball is in or out?  This should have been recorded as 3 points for the good guys.  Damn.

valdeingruo

I do believe we still have the system installed too, or was it removed? That being the year we went down.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Holders

If, if, if...

If Kebano's goal had been allowed, maybe we wouldn't have gone on to get another.

In a way it was karma, they scored in extra time at their place to deny us the win.

Now, it has to be said that if games were won or lost on balance of play we would have won both.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bill taylors apprentice

Were's a Russian linesman when you need one!

Seriously though, if player made an error of such serious proportions you'd expect the manager to address the issue following the match but why do I feel the match officials just move on to the next game with little or no scrutiny of their performance?

Lighthouse

No tech in the Championship and the goal should have been awarded. But as Holders says who knows what would have happened had it been allowed. Would we have been less enthusiastic about throwing everything forward? Would they have scored on the two clear chances they had? Would a falling tree in the woods have crushed the bear relieving himself in a locked room with a cat? Who knows?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

dannyboi-ffc

I think it's fair to say we can't think what if because anything could have happened afterwards IF we are talking about one of our missed penalties or an open goal. But they are pointless dwelling over because they were our own fault and we didn't score so there's nothing to what if over.

However, when you score a perfectly legal goal. We were robbed. And I personally didn't feel Karma for the late equaliser. Fact is, we battered them in both games and we're robbed of points in both games. Our equaliser and Karma cannot be compared to the sheer luck about both points they've stolen off of us.

If we get to Wembley, imo it would be extremely generous of the league to offer us a one off match against Reading or Leeds for promotion. Both imo are not even close to our level but when you play like Burton and throw everyone behind the ball and play for draws, I suppose you will gain points in a very unattractive fashion.

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

love4ffc

Someone at the game told me next August for goal line technology to be installed and used. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

nose

if we would have equalised, which we did, but it was allowed then the whole course of events would have played out differently.
we were already imposing our game and were in total control so it was more likely we would have  gone on to score more because we would have been more relaxed, they may have been inclined to have a bit of a go, leaving spaces... but we will never now know, mr probet saw to that, if ever the term 'should have gone to specsavers' was applicable then it was to him

Baszab

Where is the apology from the Ref or the FA ?

Surely the Ref Panel Ltd scrutiny each performance and with such a glaring error the refs/linesmen should be demoted

There was an instance late in the first half when McDonald was telling the linesman that it was well over the line and the linesman was shaking his head obviously disagreeing with him - what an idiot

Forever Fulham

Our team this season won't accept a tie if there's any chance we can pull out a win.  They play to the three whistles.  So I reject the notion that we would have let our foot off the gas pedal had the disallowed goal been counted.  Confidence would have been riding high, and we would have relentlessly attacked for the win.  Every man knew we needed the two extra points a win would have given us.  We was robbed.  I'm writing a letter to the Times. 

Holders

Quote from: Forever Fulham on March 09, 2017, 11:10:45 PM
Our team this season won't accept a tie if there's any chance we can pull out a win.  They play to the three whistles.  So I reject the notion that we would have let our foot off the gas pedal had the disallowed goal been counted.  Confidence would have been riding high, and we would have relentlessly attacked for the win.  Every man knew we needed the two extra points a win would have given us.  We was robbed.  I'm writing a letter to the Times. 

Possibly; I considered whether it would have encouraged Leeds to open up - but they had some good chances anyway so I'm not convinced. We will never know. That's the butterfly effect.

The only thing that would resolve it it GLT which is supposed to be coming.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HamsterWheel

Goal line tech in all Championship stadiums from next season
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/championship-to-introduce-goalline-technology-from-201718-season-a3468811.html
Course, if we'd had it this season we'd have 2 points more chance of having it in the Prem next season!