watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

referees and fulham

Started by nose, March 09, 2017, 08:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

ok i know some of you think i may be a bitnhysterical on this point but let me suggest this

if we make the play iffs AND get to wembley (sounds good) and you get the programme and see lee probet is the ref... then take it from me we will be involved in another discussion post match about referees and whether they are fair. there will be at least one massive error from him to upset our game and a series of smaller incidents all favouring the other team. I am 100% certain that would happen.
same if we get d'urso.

i have zero faith in either to referee a fulham game impartially.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: nose on March 11, 2017, 08:59:13 AM
ok i know some of you think i may be a bitnhysterical on this point but let me suggest this

if we make the play iffs AND get to wembley (sounds good) and you get the programme and see lee probet is the ref... then take it from me we will be involved in another discussion post match about referees and whether they are fair. there will be at least one massive error from him to upset our game and a series of smaller incidents all favouring the other team. I am 100% certain that would happen.
same if we get d'urso.

i have zero faith in either to referee a fulham game impartially.

I'm no expert but I think you are treading on the line of libellous accusations. Unless there is factual evidence that either deliberately set off to be against Fulham then it's a dodgy area to explore on social media. Just thinking of you more than anything. You can't be too careful these days.

It's an interesting topic and debate so just a friendly nudge from me rather than removing or locking anything.

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

The Old Count

Quote from: nose on March 11, 2017, 08:44:51 AM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on March 10, 2017, 10:29:13 PM
Quote from: filham on March 10, 2017, 06:31:24 PM
Referees make mistakes and have bad games but then who doesn't. To suggest that they are in any way biased against particular clubs is wrong, find me a fan who thinks the refs decisions went in favour of his team, no we all think we were the ones who have been hard done buy, it is the way we are.

The referee has a difficult job and in most games does it pretty well.

Well said.

It is so sensible i almost believe it

It is just there are certain names i see appear and know there is bound to be irregularity..halsey, d'urso and probet being the worst. It oes not even up with these people

Klatenburg is eratic and may award bizarre things either way but the ones i just mentioned IMO demonstrate obvious , well bias is probably the wrong word, i suspect they are not that impartial.

That is my honest opinion. Refs are human, and in a sample group some will demonstrate human failing in character terms... we saw that on tuesday.

Even if said Ref believes he is not biased some do dislike certain clubs and one should not underestimate the subconcious element of 50 -50 decision making. 
So, some Refs are biased whether they know it or not.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: The Old Count on March 11, 2017, 09:13:33 AM
Quote from: nose on March 11, 2017, 08:44:51 AM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on March 10, 2017, 10:29:13 PM
Quote from: filham on March 10, 2017, 06:31:24 PM
Referees make mistakes and have bad games but then who doesn't. To suggest that they are in any way biased against particular clubs is wrong, find me a fan who thinks the refs decisions went in favour of his team, no we all think we were the ones who have been hard done buy, it is the way we are.

The referee has a difficult job and in most games does it pretty well.

Well said.

It is so sensible i almost believe it

It is just there are certain names i see appear and know there is bound to be irregularity..halsey, d'urso and probet being the worst. It oes not even up with these people

Klatenburg is eratic and may award bizarre things either way but the ones i just mentioned IMO demonstrate obvious , well bias is probably the wrong word, i suspect they are not that impartial.

That is my honest opinion. Refs are human, and in a sample group some will demonstrate human failing in character terms... we saw that on tuesday.

Even if said Ref believes he is not biased some do dislike certain clubs and one should not underestimate the subconcious element of 50 -50 decision making. 
So, some Refs are biased whether they know it or not.

I agree. I think it's only human to sub consciously be influenced by personal likes/ dislikes of clubs. Also think refs are easily influenced by a crowd. Sometimes they are bullied into a decision and in some cases they go the other way and give a team nothing because of the stick they receive.

I'm sure they set out to be as impartial and fair as possible, whether they always remain that way.......I'm not so sure.

Going back to Nose's point above, it's when you include names that the whole thing becomes a bit dodgy.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Woolly Mammoth

It's fairly obvious that referees and lino's are intimidated, influenced and bullied by the crowd, the manager and the players. It's been like that for years, and I am surprised that the football authorities do not clamp down on these managers and players who have no respect or discipline.
What does not help is that there is far too much money in the game, which ends up going to the wrong people. Football is a cash cow to make money for people who already have plenty of money, and where there is huge amounts of money, corruption is not that far away. Somewhere along the line the bubble will burst, the game will implode, as the game of football is showing signs of eating itself.
But that's no excuse for weak referees not having the courage to give an honest decision, without having to pretend they did not see it.
There is a song in the top ten charts at the moment doing the rounds sung by somebody who calls himself Rag and Bone man, the song is called 'Human'. But I doubt if you will hear any referees or lino's singing it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Arthur

Kebano's strike on Tuesday night was travelling at great speed. When it came off the crossbar, it was in contact with the ground for, what, a fifth-of-a-second. Lee Probert, from his vantage point at ground level, face-on then had to make an instant decision as to whether it had crossed the line. If he awards a goal, he is signalling that he is 100% certain that the whole ball was over.

From my elevated viewpoint towards the Putney end, I had a better sight of the incident than the referee. Despite thinking that it probably had crossed the line, I wouldn't have bet my house on it. Those sitting around me expressed similar sentiments.

Even if the referee thought that the ball was more likely to have crossed the line than not, it is not difficult to understand why he went against his better judgement. To have given the decision our way and then have Sky TV show that it wasn't a goal would be inexcusable.

The O.P's suggestion that Lee Probert's non-award of a goal was a deliberate action to deprive us is utterly far-fetched.

nose

Quote from: Arthur on March 11, 2017, 03:43:43 PM
Kebano's strike on Tuesday night was travelling at great speed. When it came off the crossbar, it was in contact with the ground for, what, a fifth-of-a-second. Lee Probert, from his vantage point at ground level, face-on then had to make an instant decision as to whether it had crossed the line. If he awards a goal, he is signalling that he is 100% certain that the whole ball was over.

From my elevated viewpoint towards the Putney end, I had a better sight of the incident than the referee. Despite thinking that it probably had crossed the line, I wouldn't have bet my house on it. Those sitting around me expressed similar sentiments.

Even if the referee thought that the ball was more likely to have crossed the line than not, it is not difficult to understand why he went against his better judgement. To have given the decision our way and then have Sky TV show that it wasn't a goal would be inexcusable.

The O.P's suggestion that Lee Probert's non-award of a goal was a deliberate action to deprive us is utterly far-fetched.

no it isn't the man has a track record and was easilly close enough, and by the way that is his job to know

Arthur

Quote from: nose on March 11, 2017, 03:55:53 PM
no it isn't the man has a track record and was easilly close enough, and by the way that is his job to know

There is no track record that I know that Probert has made decisions he knows are wrong because he harbours a dislike of us. Feel free however to provide a list of such instances.

And the reason they have goal-line technology in the P.L. is because it is understood that even the best referees can't know for certain whether the ball has crossed the line in situations such as Kebano's shot.

alfie

This is a subject that none of us are going to change the mind of Mr Nose
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

nose

Quote from: alfie on March 11, 2017, 05:10:39 PM
This is a subject that none of us are going to change the mind of Mr Nose

on that we can agree
and by the way we beat newcastle 3 1 so i suspect the topic will now be constrained to the past... mr probet sent off a sheff wed player today i noticed!