https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would we win the playoffs?

Started by Matty389, March 09, 2017, 11:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on March 09, 2017, 08:15:22 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 09, 2017, 04:03:38 PM
You cannot choose when you think your ready to challenge to go up. You have to grab any opportunity when it presents itself, as it may not present itself again any sooner.
I think the hard part is achieving a top six place. But once there, and it would certainly make every player feel 7ft tall. Over two legs may suit us better, with our style and system of play. As for the final at Wembley, the wide open spaces should suit us as well as anyone.
Then it's all on the day, and we deserve the rub of the green more than most.
But it feels great just talking about it.
Every player 7ft tall, that would be good for defending corners!

But that's 7ft with a Step Ladder.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on March 09, 2017, 08:16:57 PM
Quote from: andyk on March 09, 2017, 08:07:02 PM
We would bottle it, guaranteed. Remember Bristol Rovers, thrashed 4-0 at the Cottage, Walker sent off, classic fail.i
Don't bring back that memory please, the only game I ever left early in 60 years and half way down Finlay Street I heard the roar that they had scored again.

That roar you heard could have been a Pride of Lions.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sgt Fulham

I think we would stand a good chance. However, we have to remember that there are some decent teams in the Playoffs. I'd hate to get Sheffield Wednesday because of their anti-football nonsense that we find difficult to cope with. Losing to them would leave a bitter taste. Also, Huddersfield are a good team. On their day they could definitely beat us, although it would be a cracking match if both teams played at their best and I think we'd just about edge it. Don't let the 5-0 fool you, they're no mugs. I wouldn't really fear Reading, or Leeds for that matter.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on March 09, 2017, 10:28:49 PM
I think we would stand a good chance. However, we have to remember that there are some decent teams in the Playoffs. I'd hate to get Sheffield Wednesday because of their anti-football nonsense that we find difficult to cope with. Losing to them would leave a bitter taste. Also, Huddersfield are a good team. On their day they could definitely beat us, although it would be a cracking match if both teams played at their best and I think we'd just about edge it. Don't let the 5-0 fool you, they're no mugs. I wouldn't really fear Reading, or Leeds for that matter.

They are decent teams but let's be honest, this is the year to make the playoffs. At least 2 of the 4 we are competing with are no where near our standard. We are better than decent, we just haven't been consistent.  But you don't need consistency in the playoffs. You just need to turn up on the day
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

RaySmith

Agree, we are well capable of beating any of them, but it's all to do with how both teams perform on the day.

Skatzoffc

Imo a playoff situation would have Leeds being the favourite.
But I certainly have no fear of them after Tuesday night.

The officials tho....that's another story....

bring it on I say

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

terryr

If we get there, we will go up

MJG

We have been in playoffs twice before and blown it well and truly...so third time lucky hopefully

The Enclosurite

I'm confident that whoever we play we'd win at least one of the games over two legs so it'd just be case of having the better winning margin or drawing the other game.  I also think the width of the Wembley pitch would be a godsend to the style of football we are playing this season.  049:gif
¡COYW!

The Rock

Not to take it another step further, but if we didn't make the playoffs, or made the playoffs and lost, we are stronger than we have been in years and getting better and better. I'd probably tip us for automatic promotion next year with the addition of a few keys players and now with bit more experience and everyone knowing what part to be played under SJ's guidance.

filham

Quote from: mlangstrom on March 09, 2017, 02:15:14 PM
To get to (and win) the playoff, Cairney, Johansen, Kalas and McD need to remain fit and on form for more or less all of the remaining 14 games. I unfortunately think an injury or slight fatigue will break our dream...
I agree those four are our key players and they will be missed if absent,
The big ask is to get to the play offs, we have a lot of ground to make up and the teams in the top six are playing well.
If somehow we were to get there then we have as much chance as any of the others. But critical games like that against well matched teams  can go any way and it is not always the better team that wins. Tuesday night's game against Leeds could well have been a play off with us by far the better team but failing to get a home win.

The Enclosurite

Quote from: The Rock on March 10, 2017, 06:39:48 PM
Not to take it another step further, but if we didn't make the playoffs, or made the playoffs and lost, we are stronger than we have been in years and getting better and better. I'd probably tip us for automatic promotion next year with the addition of a few keys players and now with bit more experience and everyone knowing what part to be played under SJ's guidance.

I agree, although it'd be great to go up this season, Slav's new contract means I no longer fear not going up anymore as I feel pretty confident we'll be right up in the mix next season.   049:gif
¡COYW!