watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One thing that some need to accept next season

Started by Riversider, March 15, 2017, 02:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwian

All teams have to play 46 league games and at least 2 cup games, so why are teams higher up the table or below us? Cos some are better or worse than us.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

HectorWeso

Quote from: Riversider on March 15, 2017, 02:18:57 PM
Is that if we're still in this division next season we MUST exit the Cup competitions at the first opportunity,
The lack of footballing knowledge of some of our supporters is incredible every season demands are made on here and elsewhere that we play our strongest side and give 100% meanwhile the likes of Brighton and Newcastle are checking out to lower league sides,
We should have been having a well earned rest last night instead we were playing a rearranged game because of the Cup,
The Championship is a marathon, 46 games is a ridiculous amount add on 2 Cup games (the bare minimum) giving you 48, how many leagues in France, Spain, Italy and Germany play a minimum of 48 games ? I'm guessing none,
So next season I would like to see us use our under 23's in both competitions and get out early, anybody disagreeing with that has no understanding of the demands made on a professional football player,
Oh and I forgot the 3 games needed to win the play offs !
No surprise that continually playing the same 11 players led to a below par performance last night is it ?

You are a complete embarrassment mate

Logicalman

I agree generally with the OP, though it's not as Black and White as it seems to have been put.

IF, (massive one of those) we had a full squad of established and seasoned Championship (or ex-prem)  players t/w the maximum permissible under 21's  taken to the limits imposed by the League, then we could, in theory have the equivalent of perhaps 3 full squads, each capable of winning the championship, and as such, the idea of fatigue, etc, becomes almost moot.

Reality is we don't, won't (under this board) because possibly both the board have not made those funds available and the FFP rules restricted teams from doing so (and that was their reasoning I believe).

Given our current squad and spending commitment/limits then the idea of making both league and cup runs in the same season is plainly not feasible, whether that be down to pure player fatigue or training methods, or both, or something else.

I do honestly feel though that there are many more people on this board that DO have a sound understanding of how all this works, and to claim otherwise is somewhat patronizing.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

NogoodBoyo

The OP is right in part and wrong in others.
Playing so many back-to-back games does wear out players, particularly in the midfield and full back positions where they are running 7-8 miles per game.  What usually happens with tired players is that the concentration levels are high enough for the big games (like Leeds and Newcastle) but they drop against less adrenalin-boosting opponents like Blackburn.
The management's poor performance in the January transfer window has left us short of players for the run-in and should be viewed as a real learning experience for Tony Kahn. 
Therefore, it is a sound argument that the Cup run was a distraction we could ill afford - even if it was fun.
However, it is wrong to suggest we should  lose.  We should just blood different players and see how they get on.  Applaud if we win. Sigh if we draw.  Move on to the business at hand (aiming for promotion) if we lose.
Nogood "simple, see" Boyo