watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Every week we foul less than our oponents

Started by bobbo, March 18, 2017, 10:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Do we need to toughen up a bit. Just checked the stats on last three matches and we're less on fouls, but not just those games it's been like it all season. I see teams fouling us persistently and the yellow cards rarely come out enough . Just a point coz like all I'm pee'd off with today's result.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Whitesideup

Haven't seen the replay, but the tackle on Cearney looked like a red to me. I haven't seen a replay of it, but it looked both dangerous and reckless, and totally intentional. He tried to break Cearney's leg.

gezkc

We regularly have 70% possession during matches, so it's not surprising that other teams foul more than we do - they can't get the ball off us any other way!

AlexW132

Quote from: gezkc on March 19, 2017, 09:47:13 AM
We regularly have 70% possession during matches, so it's not surprising that other teams foul more than we do - they can't get the ball off us any other way!
Not really. They just wait for us to inevitably cock up in the final third then counter.

toshes mate

I think football needs the match officials to toughen up (a lot) and protect players by enforcing all the laws of the game.  Standards of refereeing are getting to be borderline atrocious, and I can find no real reason why that should be happening.  (And it isn't just football).

Bill2

I was pleased about the Man U player who got sent off last week when they were all taking it in turns to foul Hazard. Hope the Championship refs were paying attention when it happens to some of our players. So the ref should tell the captain that persistent fouls on a specific player will start getting yellows however tame they might be.

filham

Yes I thought the foul on Cairney, which seemed to shake him up for the rest of the match, was a possible red. Refs. are understandably reluctant to show reds unless they are really sure about the severity of the tackle.
Time we had a sin bin , that tackle on Cairny would have put Wolves down to ten men for a while.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Statto on March 18, 2017, 10:06:16 PM
you foul someone when they're better than you - when they're too fast to catch or you can't get the ball off them legally. what's the ratio of fouls committed on ronaldo vs. fouls committed by ronaldo? 50:1? sorry but if we are being fouled it means we are better. fine by me

I take back the post I just made on the other thread.  065.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobbo on March 18, 2017, 10:02:40 PM
Do we need to toughen up a bit. Just checked the stats on last three matches and we're less on fouls, but not just those games it's been like it all season. I see teams fouling us persistently and the yellow cards rarely come out enough . Just a point coz like all I'm pee'd off with today's result.

My Alsatian Dog Maximus, once fouled a footpath.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.