https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone know much about kit sponsorship?

Started by aaronmcguigan, March 21, 2017, 08:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on March 22, 2017, 05:16:21 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on March 22, 2017, 08:14:19 AM
and for me MJG thats wrong, its ok it the quality is paying top dollar to cover the income we could get from the short sponsorship or arm sponsorship but if it isnt then we miss a revuenue stream that could help with FFP. Now I know someone will say sponsor ship outside the prem is a lot smaller etc, but its irrelevant as everythig helps in that cause to allow more freedom, however marginal that maybe, in what ee=ver area that needs it.
Depends what's in it for both parties. Just taking a few thousand pounds to put a badge on socks might be ok on the bottom line but what do we get apart from that? What do the sponsor get? Does it devalue the amount you can get from a shirt sponsor?
I know myself from events I'm involved in that one main sponsor works for me better than five different ones.
We have multiple sponsors now don't we? works ok, as it does for a lot of other teams.

Kit wise we are talking shorts and back of shirts in the EFL I believe, But the companies get exposure that's for sure it cannot be doubted, the club get some money so we gain that and put it in the coffers, the more successful the more you get that's generally the rule as you know.

I am not overly keen on it but if it helps with FFP, which it will no matter how small, then it shouldn't be discounted. I am sure the club have looked at it (I know they have in fact), whether they will do it remains to be seen, for me I would hate to see it, but what I say is financially the club have to consider it.
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

Quote from: AlexW132 on March 22, 2017, 12:12:51 PM
I have no problem, in fact I prefer to have a sponsor on the front of a shirt as long as it's a decent company/logo. I liked Pizza Hut, Pipex, LG and VisitFlorida, not such a fan of the betting ones.

Demon was the best in my view, although the shirt was crap that year.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bill taylors apprentice

Money makes the world go around!

But then there's CLASS

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on March 22, 2017, 07:56:38 PM
and for me MJG thats wrong, its ok it the quality is paying top dollar to cover the income we could get from the short sponsorship or arm sponsorship but if it isnt then we miss a revuenue stream that could help with FFP. Now I know someone will say sponsor ship outside the prem is a lot smaller etc, but its irrelevant as everythig helps in that cause to allow more freedom, however marginal that maybe, in what ee=ver area that needs it.
Depends what's in it for both parties. Just taking a few thousand pounds to put a badge on socks might be ok on the bottom line but what do we get apart from that? What do the sponsor get? Does it devalue the amount you can get from a shirt sponsor?
I know myself from events I'm involved in that one main sponsor works for me better than five different ones.
We have multiple sponsors now don't we? works ok, as it does for a lot of other teams.

Kit wise we are talking shorts and back of shirts in the EFL I believe, But the companies get exposure that's for sure it cannot be doubted, the club get some money so we gain that and put it in the coffers, the more successful the more you get that's generally the rule as you know.

I am not overly keen on it but if it helps with FFP, which it will no matter how small, then it shouldn't be discounted. I am sure the club have looked at it (I know they have in fact), whether they will do it remains to be seen, for me I would hate to see it, but what I say is financially the club have to consider it.
I'm talking just in terms of the kit, not other sponsorship deals.

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on March 22, 2017, 09:14:36 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on March 22, 2017, 07:56:38 PM

I'm talking just in terms of the kit, not other sponsorship deals.
As am I, was just saying it works for us and others in other ways as well.

I will say again...Kit wise we are talking shorts and back of shirts in the EFL I believe,  the companies get exposure that's for sure it cannot be doubted, the club get some money so we gain that and put it in the coffers, the more successful the more you get, its not a lot of cash I know but every little helps
Every day is a Fulham day

AlexW132

Quote from: Holders on March 22, 2017, 08:19:27 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on March 22, 2017, 12:12:51 PM
I have no problem, in fact I prefer to have a sponsor on the front of a shirt as long as it's a decent company/logo. I liked Pizza Hut, Pipex, LG and VisitFlorida, not such a fan of the betting ones.

Demon was the best in my view, although the shirt was crap that year.
Before my time unfortunately. I thought the shirt was good personally

aaronmcguigan

I agree , aesthetically a minimalist kit looks good , or just the one sponsor.  But why would a club actively choose to not follow untapped revenue streams. One reason may be to give maximum exposure to one sponsor, And inwould understand that if it was a major deal with the club which could build synergies from. the stadium roof, I get that, it's a great marketing tool, but again , there's missed exposure there. The club has never marketed itself on the top of its stadium, only sponsors. This is on the landing approach for a plane full of tourists to see. While mr X is on holiday in London, why not highlight our club or latest ticket offer to those tourists

Just a slight tangent on the whole less is more opinions. Not a lot of people give off about Barcelona kits, most say they are beautiful kits. But look at them, there are space for 3 sponsors, currently QATAR AIRWAYS, to be replaced by Rakuten, BEKO on the arms and UNICEF on the back.

I know unicef aren't a sponsor but it shows Barcelonas approach of maximum revenue as well as philanthropy which all link together to portray the clubs image. Or better so then telling people to go to Florida when flying in to London