more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Griezmann

Started by Jims Dentist, March 30, 2017, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims Dentist

Watched France v Spain the other night.
Good game contrasting styles/tactics. Spain ere so similar to the way Joca wants us to play, but obviously better technicians at making it work.

Sorry I digressed, my question is how would Griezmann fare if playing in the Premier League?
I guess it might depend on who he would be playing for, but would be interested in our poster's opinions.

The Enclosurite

Well, if the rumours are true... we nearly found out!
¡COYW!

FPT

Firstly, Jokanovic told us soon after he took over that he wanted to play like Barcelona but it is not possible (meaning with the time he had and the group of players available), 12 months later, we were getting praised for outpassing Barcelona in the same game weekend. Of course, our players aren't technically as good as the Spanish national team; to buy the midfield alone (on this occasion Busquets, Koke and Iniesta) would set you back at least £80m.

Onto Greizmann, a player I've enjoyed since his Sociedad days as a winger; I don't think he could play up front alone in the Premier League, he doesn't in Spain and I think he would flourish in a free role; not quite a number 10 but as a second striker. I don't like him moving to Manchester United (most rumoured) because I think they'd struggle to fit he and Pogba into the same team. I think he'd be phenomenal at Chelsea under Conte, it sounds like Hazard may be on his way out, I think Greizmann could play in that front three and excel, he works so hard and has so much ability to boot.

In short, I think Antoine would excel in the right team and system. He's the kind of player that I think would compete with Aguero for goals but add assists on top. A serious game changer and a potential title winner - if he costs £50m, he's a bargain.

Just my opinion of course.

Forever Fulham

He's one of the most complete, technical, players I've ever seen.  Always a bit of magic from him.  Guile.  Opportunistic.  Such a smart player.  High football IQ.  As long as he doesn't come to a soul killing team, he could excel anywhere in the EPL.