watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One thing that has been pi**ing me off for a while

Started by Riversider, April 05, 2017, 05:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Can somebody please explain the need to have two centre backs on the bench ?
When was the last time in a game of football (played by any team) that two central defenders went off injured ?
Since the Blackburn game we've been in a situation whereby we have to win games instead of being worried about not losing,
Add in the fact that Kevin McDonald can also play at centre back this means that we are going in to games with 5 central defenders in the match day squad at a time when we must win !
Would rather have seen George Williams, De La Torre or Adenerian (sp) given the opportunity to be part of the match day squad rather than Sigurdsson !
Once you've gone behind in a match you really are limiting yourself with the ability to change a game with two centre backs sat on the bench !
There are a few things about the current reign of Slavisa Jokanovic that are starting to irritate me , but I'll have to save those for another day, but in the meantime let's end the need for all those centre backs.

Should add, if anybody does understand the need for two central defenders on the bench please explain away.

@jolslover

Probably because Slavisa feels that someone who couldn't make the bench for league 1 strugglers MK Dons and an 18 year old who is too weak for championship football wouldn't change the game. And i agree with him.
I do however agree with the sentiment off the post and back when we left  jozabed, woodrow and LVC out the squad for 2 CBs I was angry. But now these three have gone we have no players left out of our squad who could change the game.
STH H3

Southcoastffc

Taking last night's example of Sigurdsson and Madl on the bench, Madl could easily have played as DCM if McDonald had come off.  Or, we might have switched to 3 CBs at some stage for tactical reasons.    I see nothing wrong in 2 CBs, given that most players can, theoretically, 'play anywhere'.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Baszab

if we would only play 352 away from home - more cover for the wing backs and more cover against the hoof over the top - it's so obvious

Chutney

Having Sigurdsson on the bench is entirely pointless, he's out of his depth and we clearly don't intend to use him, give his spot to a youngster.
C O Y W

toshes mate

I would say it is another consequence of weakness in the squad depth.  When Scott Parker and Piazon were unavailable our lack of cover was exposed which once again points the finger at the January window.

Riversider

Quote from: Chutney on April 06, 2017, 11:13:09 AM
Having Sigurdsson on the bench is entirely pointless, he's out of his depth and we clearly don't intend to use him, give his spot to a youngster.

Agreed 100 %