more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

PR

Started by nose, April 05, 2017, 04:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham1959 on April 05, 2017, 09:49:45 PM
I'm quite happy to pay £2.99 per month which, by any measure, is a pittance.  I enjoy the interviews, with the exception of Slavisa's which are painful to watch (listen to) and tell us absolutely nothing.

I do, however, accept that for some there is a perceived principle involved over the requirement to pay.

Coincidently enough, the reason why I do not listen to Joks interviews for the same reasons, it's difficult to understand half of what he's saying. How do the players get on listening to his team talks.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Cheers for that, MJG.

I hope the EFL will see the light and start exploring the many available ways there are to encourage football growth, both playing and watching, without always seeking to exploit custom.  First they need to understand that not everybody who wants to watch football has loads of money, the ability to travel to games and the time to do it.  They need to start listening to the fans and not the big money corporations who just want to oversell and, eventually, kill off all competition. 

Funky Fulham Dave

On the odd occasions when I've happened upon Gentlemen Jim's (why he gentleman?) Fulham match commentary, it has been painful to listen to. Clichéd laden with some hysterical asides to the opposition and match officials don't make for good in depth match observation(s). But hey, I'm an old geezer and I guess I'm not his target audience so that's probably one good reason not to pay for Fulham TV.

As far as Fulham FC's "legal" requirement that requires users to pay for EFL footage and only accessed by those who wished to pay, this is okay with me. But why use this so called pay-wall to deny viewers the Derby flashback Premier game of 2008? And it must surely follow that Fulham FC's in-house interviews, training clips etc. do not fall under the EFL rules. But I guess the £2.99 subscriptions (all 89 of them) pay for GJ's new commentating side-kick.

And as far as compulsory payments are concerned there are plenty of people, for instance who contribute to the education system via income tax and are quite happy to do so even though they have never had children.

I don't need to be spoon fed conjured-up media nonsense even though it comes from the club I/we love. For me it's the principle. £2.99 might not seem much but why not put it up to say £5.99, would that be too much?

049:gif

gang

£2.99 per month. A lot time spent worrying about so little.
Look around the world and see what poverty is really like.

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: gang on April 06, 2017, 10:15:38 AM

Moral high ground alert!

Yea a lot of time spent worrying about so little especially in this super rich country of ours where £2.99 is the difference between eating and heating.

Funky Fulham Dave

Mr MJG you really should stop playing the victim card where everyone who doesn't agree with you is somehow a radical or an out of touch Luddite. If you are gonna present something that you truly believe in – which in the case is Fulham TV - good on you, but it's not for me.

But if the club do believe in delivering a Fulham TV service that I would be interested in enough to subscribe perhaps they might take a leaf out of your book with the interviews of older Fulham fans that you were involved in. In fact there is a wealth of historical stuff as well as day to day stuff out there that could be presented in way that would have lots of people scrambling to pay their £2.99's leaving the matchday highlights for the mainstream outlets to concentrate on.

toshes mate

Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on April 06, 2017, 10:33:08 AM

Moral high ground alert!

Yea a lot of time spent worrying about so little especially in this super rich country of ours where £2.99 is the difference between eating and heating.

+1

toshes mate

Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on April 06, 2017, 11:43:08 AM
Mr MJG you really should stop playing the victim card where everyone who doesn't agree with you is somehow a radical or an out of touch Luddite. If you are gonna present something that you truly believe in – which in the case is Fulham TV - good on you, but it's not for me.

But if the club do believe in delivering a Fulham TV service that I would be interested in enough to subscribe perhaps they might take a leaf out of your book with the interviews of older Fulham fans that you were involved in. In fact there is a wealth of historical stuff as well as day to day stuff out there that could be presented in way that would have lots of people scrambling to pay their £2.99's leaving the matchday highlights for the mainstream outlets to concentrate on.

+1 too

nose

my point is being missed......
they HAVE showed Ayite's goals.... I am pleased to see them, for free, on our web site. But the PR , for which the thread is intended to refer is deciding to selectively show the very well taken goals after a dreadful defeat. That is putting a maximum positive spin on a disaster....   

MJG

as u was saying

see did you read what I posted? I think it should be free but nope doesn't fit with your agenda

Lighthouse

Quote from: toshes mate on April 06, 2017, 11:47:46 AM
Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on April 06, 2017, 10:33:08 AM

Moral high ground alert!

+1

Bus Fares have only gone up a small amount and Community charge has only gone up a small amount and fuel bills have gone up and things we got for free have a fee now and tv license has only gone up a small amount and and and............. Savings going down, wages going down. But hey let's just bend over and smile because after all we are here to keep on paying out so very little and getting back even less.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

toshes mate

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 06, 2017, 02:08:57 PM
Bus Fares have only gone up a small amount and Community charge has only gone up a small amount and fuel bills have gone up and things we got for free have a fee now and tv license has only gone up a small amount and and and............. Savings going down, wages going down. But hey let's just bend over and smile because after all we are here to keep on paying out so very little and getting back even less.

Exactly.

Funky Fulham Dave

Mr MJG, I would like to take this opportunity to state categorically and emphatically that I do not now and have never had an agenda on whatever you might think I have an agenda on.

There, I hope I've made that quite clear and now it's time for a Fulham group-hug.

Ahhhh....that's lovely.

:group hug:

FulhamStu

Shock horror, football club tries to sell itself....this is getting ridiculous, of course they do stuff like this, what do you want them to say, we are crap at the moment so don't bother coming to the Ipswich game !    Bloody ell, I though we were suppose to 'support our club' ?

Carborundum

Quote from: MJG on April 06, 2017, 08:59:32 AM
Quote from: Carborundum on April 06, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
Highlights and interviews don't bother me, but I do miss Gentleman Jim.  But I'm not subscribing because I feel that subscription should be included on a season ticket holders package. I'm paying hundreds of pounds a year to the club already.
I know I'll get abuse for this but.... What if someone does not want the compulsory subscription they don't use it at all. In effect you would be getting your ST cheaper than that person. For example we have 3 season tickets and one of the users certainly never goes on the Fulham website. Why should they in effect pay for something they don't use?
Unless they turn up to all 23 matches that's the boat they are already in.  Some season ticket holders derive more value from a season ticket than others.  The ones who turn up to all 23 get more value than those who don't.  Throwing in website subscription seems a normal commercial practice of "bundling" to offer greater value.  To be clear, I think the website should be bundled without the season ticket prices going up.  I'm a buyer - it's my prerogative to ask for more value.

nose

Quote from: Carborundum on April 06, 2017, 06:26:38 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 06, 2017, 08:59:32 AM
Quote from: Carborundum on April 06, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
Highlights and interviews don't bother me, but I do miss Gentleman Jim.  But I'm not subscribing because I feel that subscription should be included on a season ticket holders package. I'm paying hundreds of pounds a year to the club already.
I know I'll get abuse for this but.... What if someone does not want the compulsory subscription they don't use it at all. In effect you would be getting your ST cheaper than that person. For example we have 3 season tickets and one of the users certainly never goes on the Fulham website. Why should they in effect pay for something they don't use?
Unless they turn up to all 23 matches that's the boat they are already in.  Some season ticket holders derive more value from a season ticket than others.  The ones who turn up to all 23 get more value than those who don't.  Throwing in website subscription seems a normal commercial practice of "bundling" to offer greater value.  To be clear, I think the website should be bundled without the season ticket prices going up.  I'm a buyer - it's my prerogative to ask for more value.

i agree and for those of us long term inmates and with multi tickets i think the good will gesture, especially after the first three seasons under mr khan, we deserve some goodwill gesture. we coughed up, and they fouled up, free to air is the least they can do!