watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What was wrong with Tom today?

Started by millsy, April 08, 2017, 08:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millsy

He barely featured and seemed out of sorts. Didnt really show for the ball as usual and exerted no influence on the game, whereas he usually sets the pattern for us.

Thankfully supermac had a great game!

filham

We are accustomed to MOM performances from Cairney, something has happened to him since the Newcastle match. Hard to say if it is a loss of form or opponents are targeting him and playing him out of the game.

bill taylors apprentice

Ipswich may not be a very good team but they worked hard to close our players down and the avenues they usually play through, that affected Cairney!

valdeingruo

I think since the Newcastle match teams have finally come to realize how important Tom is to our game plan. Close him down and frustrate him and we have to find other ways.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Tonywa

Quote from: andersons11 on April 08, 2017, 09:14:46 PM
I think since the Newcastle match teams have finally come to realize how important Tom is to our game plan. Close him down and frustrate him and we have to find other ways.

I think that first really happened at the Spurs cup tie and teams have implemented  it ever since and consequently considerably reduced his influence. It might suggest that stories of him disappearing to a Prem team for £20,000,000 might be a little premature.

Fulham Tup North

Maybe he missed his friend Mr Button?
Still 5 games = 15 pts and we are in the Play-offs!!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

snarks

He was man marked for the first half, at 2-0 they realised it was self defeating and stopped, he was more effective second half and laid on the third,

FPT

Problem with this division - it's near impossible for even the best players to be play to their highest ability with the sheer volume of games, I imagine it's so difficult for the medical team to get them regularly close to their peak performance physicals. I don't criticise Slavisa for much, but I do question his rotation/resting policy; the game was dead at 3-0, I'd have rested some legs - we didn't make a sub for another 15-20 minutes, that being Stefan Johansen who was having one of his better games in recent weeks despite being very poor and staying on the pitch for the majority of 90 minutes since October.

dannyboi-ffc

He was very quiet today but he also didn't do much wrong either. 

I know it isn't true but everytime Martin plays, Cairney doesn't seem to pass to him or turn up. It's a conspiracy I've made up in my head but has anyone else noticed similar?

Since the whole strike thing anyway
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Andy S

At this time of the season almost every player is carrying a knock. He might not be at the top of his game today but he was ok

EJL

Thought he played wider yesterday than he usually does whilst we had possession. May have been why he was so quiet.

Carborundum

Teams have worked out how to stifle us when we play everything through him.  So we cooked up a plan to play around him.  When Bettinelli had the ball, which was often, Martin stood central with Ayite nearby and everyone else went as far away from those two as reasonably possible, including TC.  We were much more spread out than in recent matches and it worked well enough.  Good management.

toshes mate

Quote from: Tonywa on April 08, 2017, 09:32:30 PM
Quote from: andersons11 on April 08, 2017, 09:14:46 PM

I think that first really happened at the Spurs cup tie and teams have implemented  it ever since and consequently considerably reduced his influence. It might suggest that stories of him disappearing to a Prem team for £20,000,000 might be a little premature.

Cannot disagree with you.   I think Cairney is dwelling a little longer over decisions than he did in his best periods and also suffered from weariness as is Johansen.  Brighter yesterday but still the team suffers from having too thin a squad. 

toshes mate

Quote from: Carborundum on April 09, 2017, 07:36:56 AM
Teams have worked out how to stifle us when we play everything through him.  So we cooked up a plan to play around him.  When Bettinelli had the ball, which was often, Martin stood central with Ayite nearby and everyone else went as far away from those two as reasonably possible, including TC.  We were much more spread out than in recent matches and it worked well enough.  Good management.

Thought Martin possibly had his best game for us (No, it wasn't that good, Chrissie) and it did seem the attack was better positioned when the ball was released by the defence.  But still work to do on our defensive midfield organisation with far too much leaning on McDonald's shoulders.