watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I wonder if we have got it all wrong

Started by St Eve, April 09, 2017, 02:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Maybe there is a chance that we can still catch Reading. They must be worried after that display yesterday and a couple of bad results could change everything

gezkc

Quote from: St Eve on April 09, 2017, 02:20:59 PM
Maybe there is a chance that we can still catch Reading. They must be worried after that display yesterday and a couple of bad results could change everything

I think Reading and Leeds are still catchable, but by the same token, we need to keep an eye on Derby and Preston who aren't a million miles behind us. Derby in particular seem to be making up ground at a rate of knots. We can't afford any more slip ups.

Wearethewhites

Doesn't matter how we look at it, or who we can catch, the only way to do it, is by winning our remaining games. Based on our current form, not confident that we'll get the results needed. For me, I can see it all being over by the time we've played Norwich, but hope I'm wrong.

Lighthouse

Well there is no point in stressing out about it. We should have a pretty good idea if we still have a chance after the Easter Weekend. If we are still in with a shout then, well we can all look forward to a an even more stressful last few games. What we shouldn't lose the sight of is that none of us expected to be here at the beginning of the season and so whatever happens it has been a good season for Fulham.

We can complain about what might have been in the Summer when we lose our better players and struggle to find a decent centre half and forward. Oh and a keeper as well.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

NogoodBoyo

Reading haven't look good to me.  It is certainly logical to see them going into free-fall after yesterday's morale-sapping loss.  On the other hand, I can't see how Brighton have done so well either and Newcastle are far more frail of late. All of the top 6 have started playing very differently under the weight of expectations.
That's why I like us sitting just on the outside, biding our time, playing our superior brand of football, accumulating points and waiting to pounce.
Nogood "what a great season it's been for us after so many years of dross, see" Boyo

f321ffc

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on April 09, 2017, 05:10:01 PM
Reading haven't look good to me.  It is certainly logical to see them going into free-fall after yesterday's morale-sapping loss.  On the other hand, I can't see how Brighton have done so well either and Newcastle are far more frail of late. All of the top 6 have started playing very differently under the weight of expectations.
That's why I like us sitting just on the outside, biding our time, playing our superior brand of football, accumulating points and waiting to pounce.
Nogood "what a great season it's been for us after so many years of dross, see" Boyo
Reading have to play Villa away then I would expect them to collect 9 or 10 points at least against Rotherham and Wigan at home and Forest and Burton away, would love to be wrong but that looks a pretty easy run in.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 09, 2017, 05:03:04 PM
Well there is no point in stressing out about it. We should have a pretty good idea if we still have a chance after the Easter Weekend. If we are still in with a shout then, well we can all look forward to a an even more stressful last few games. What we shouldn't lose the sight of is that none of us expected to be here at the beginning of the season and so whatever happens it has been a good season for Fulham.

We can complain about what might have been in the Summer when we lose our better players and struggle to find a decent centre half and forward. Oh and a keeper as well.

Spot on...sadly spot on.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

hovewhite

Im enjoying fighting at the top end of the table and seeing us playing winning football,if we go up it will add to a near perfect season .If we stay where we are i will still be very happy.