watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sidwell wins EFL player of the year!

Started by Nick Bateman, April 11, 2017, 06:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Sidwell was never good enough for the premiership and would no longer get into our midfield. A  good bloke with heart in the right place, but he wanted 2 years and we only offered one if i recall.

toshes mate

Quote from: filham on April 12, 2017, 10:11:01 AM
How many games has Sidwell played for Brighton this year? I was under the impression that he had become something of a bit player, am I wrong.

33 appearances.

filham

Quote from: toshes mate on April 12, 2017, 11:37:16 AM
Quote from: filham on April 12, 2017, 10:11:01 AM
How many games has Sidwell played for Brighton this year? I was under the impression that he had become something of a bit player, am I wrong.

33 appearances.

So I was wrong.
However can't see how he would have got that many games with us this season. McDonald, Johansen and Cairney would have been preferred all of the time.

Andy S

All hypothetical as would he have survived McGath, Would we have signed McDonald if Sidwell had stayed? Sidwell would have given us some steel when we were very lightweight

Woolly Mammoth

I don't know why people are knocking Steve Sidwall, he could have done a decent job for us for a couple of years after Magath took us down. We were anybody's for the taking, Sidwall like one or two others that were kicked out unnecessary when we were relegated, would have steadied the ship and halted the slide, instead of the club lumbering us with mad Magath and allowing him to put the boot in and run the team down even further. Sidwall I feel was just the kind of player to hang on to as well as others, to reverse the slide whilst we were in the early days of recovery, but too many errors of judgement by the Three Amigos put a stop to that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.