watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Martin loses appeal

Started by Andy S, April 17, 2017, 12:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Sadly Martin has lost his appeal so we just have to get on with it. Again the football league do nothing when it was obvious that it it wasn't deliberate. The trouble is in their eyes we are not a big enough club!

Tooting legend

Ot hasnt been heard yet. He has to miss todays game but the appeal has been put in and its being heard this week. It happened on Good friday the FA arent going to sit over the weekend.

Fulham 442

It has been posted in the Monday Fulham Stuff that the red card has been upheld and Martin starts his three game ban with today's match.  He will only be available to face Wednesday in our last game of the season.

SP

I'm really disappointed but I guess we've had plenty of practice coping without him.

Citizen Smith

Some on here would say he lost it a long time ago :022:

Woolly Mammoth

He could come back just in time to score the winner at Hillsborough, and send Mighty Fulham into the play offs, even though we only needed a draw. ⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

It was always likely the appeal would be turned down, but, in the circumstances, it was correct to try.  It was a marginal 'which card should I show' decision by a referee who had a really good view of it.  In terms of not having Martin available for the three upcoming games it's cost us more heavily than the incident warranted at the time, but, harsh as it may be, that's football.  You cannot wind the clock back.  Perhaps the team will add a little extra sparkle for us to enjoy, as a tribute to their absence comrade.   

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Thats it then. Ah well, so time to forget about Chrissy now and get behind the boys that have always wanted to be here, for the final push. Cheers Mr Martin, all the best.

Walsh

I'm glad Martin isn't with us for the next 3 games. I don't even see what he brings to the table? He's had 1 good game for us since he joined on loan. I will never forget his miss against Rotherham, I had the perfect angle and it looked like he didn't want to score.