watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Confirmed: Three match ban for Martin

Started by twang, April 16, 2017, 05:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

who would have thought the fa open on easter Sunday, no wonder it was unsuccessful

but better then what Leeds got, lets hope they start to leak a few more goals

Leeds United's Liam Cooper will serve a six-match suspension with immediate effect, following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing.
The defender was charged with violent conduct in relation to an incident in or around the 74th minute of the game against Reading on Saturday [1 April 2017] which was not seen by the match officials at the time but caught on video.
Furthermore, The FA claimed that the standard punishment which would otherwise apply for the misconduct committed would be 'clearly insufficient'.
The player accepted the charge but denied the claim. However, that matter was found proven and his total suspension of six matches includes the standard one additional match for it being his second dismissal of this season.

grandad

There has been no reason given for the red card. Was there intent to cause injury? Was it dangerous play? Was their player in danger of serious injury? Was there over reaction from their player? Was the ref influenced by the crowd & Norwich players to get Martin sent off?
Too many imponderables for me. But hey, we are Fulham.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Let's hope we are still in with a shout when we play Wednesday on the last day, and Martin plays and scores the winner.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MaidenheadMick

Had it been a Newcastle or Brighton player no doubt it would have been overturned. If memory serves me right, did Jonjo Shelvey not have his red card rescinded earlier in the season. Never a red card or violent conduct.

bobbo

I've looked at it about 6 times now and it doesn't look too pleasant , but yes their player did overreact , it seems to be part of the game now. Really only Chris Martin knows whether it was intentional or not, it did look an unnatural movement of his arm . Just my opinion - unbiased.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

river phoenix

Disgrace.

It`s especially frustrating knowing our team (Cairney mainly) gets beaten up almost every game without adequate protection from refs and in the end we are ones who get soft red cards.

fulhamben

Quote from: river phoenix on April 16, 2017, 07:02:40 PM
Disgrace.

It`s especially frustrating knowing our team (Cairney mainly) gets beaten up almost every game without adequate protection from refs and in the end we are ones who get soft red cards.
disgrace? Have you seen the close up version, I have and the fa have. Was nothing but a red Imo.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham76

Quote from: bobbo on April 16, 2017, 06:42:57 PM
I've looked at it about 6 times now and it doesn't look too pleasant , but yes their player did overreact , it seems to be part of the game now. Really only Chris Martin knows whether it was intentional or not, it did look an unnatural movement of his arm . Just my opinion - unbiased.

Got to agree with this. Looked a red card to me, or worst case you're giving that ref/linesman a decision to make by putting your arm or elbow in another players face.

Difficult to see how we can have too many complaints.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: fulhamben on April 16, 2017, 07:26:22 PM
Disgrace.

disgrace? Have you seen the close up version, I have and the fa have. Was nothing but a red Imo.

I think you're slightly biased Ben!

fulhamben

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on April 16, 2017, 07:42:50 PM
Disgrace.

I think you're slightly biased Ben!
biased or not, he throws an elbow. Hence fa never overturned it.

MaidenheadMick

Disgrace.

Where have you seen the close up version?

fulhamben

Quote from: MaidenheadMick on April 16, 2017, 08:05:34 PM
Disgrace.

Where have you seen the close up version?
I'm sure it was on Ssn yesterday as the game was playing. And it was clear as day. I've not seen it again since, although I've not been watching

hovewhite

Not suprised,we never get decisions ful stop.

The Old Count

Pity really.  Like him or loathe him he provides a different dimension to our play and will be missed.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: The Old Count on April 16, 2017, 09:13:31 PM
Pity really.  Like him or loathe him he provides a different dimension to our play and will be missed.
:plus one: He gives our manager another choice of tactics.  He has been important for us.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.