watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-With the right arse!!

Started by bog, April 24, 2017, 12:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Last week I  tried to get on the Sunday eve Radio 5 phone to pay tribute to our manager and the squad regardless of how the season ends for us....no.  So I tried again this week in plenty of time. I spoke to some patronising young buck who said they would get back to me...no. The whole show was devoted to City, Arsenal, City, Liverpool oh and Arsenal. Not even one Palace fan. The only call I heard from outside the premier was a Villa fan near the end. And this was to rightly pay tribute to Ugo Ehiogu. Fair enough but I wonder if he would have got on otherwise. 

092.gif

RaySmith

Typical.

Apart from our own wonderful  display and result, Palace  definitely  deserved a shout out for their performance against Liverpool.

RP24

We always listen to this show on the way back from a match and I can barely remember a time when I heard a Fulham fan on there. Like most media they favour the big teams and we rarely get a look in.

Woolly Mammoth

Bog, I hope you having the right Arse, is not short for Arsenal or Arsenal Wenger. But I am in full agreement with yours Ray Smiths and Robert Procter1 posts. The people who run that show, are not what I call real football people. None of them probably wouldn't understand what the Football Pyramid is, they probably think it was a Tomb in Egypt. Ask them what White Horse Oils is, they would probably think it was either Stables at Newmarket, or 20/50 Oil for a River Launch. Some of them come straight from Uni after getting a degree in soppyness, Karl Marx, and how to be a squatter in 3 easy lessons. But not before they have a years holiday, loafing around sowing their seeds.
I mean sabbatical, studying the personal habits of the Dung Beetle, and then they think they can run this planet for us, whilst living on a completely different planet themselves. Then they choose to support the club that is winning the most. But never buy a ticket.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 24, 2017, 12:22:10 PM
Bog, I hope you having the right Arse, is not short for Arsenal or Arsenal Wenger. But I am in full agreement with yours Ray Smiths and Robert Procter1 posts. The people who run that show, are not what I call real football people. None of them probably wouldn't understand what the Football Pyramid is, they probably think it was a Tomb in Egypt. Ask them what White Horse Oils is, they would probably think it was either Stables at Newmarket, or 20/50 Oil for a River Launch. Some of them come straight from Uni after getting a degree in soppyness, Karl Marx, and how to be a squatter in 3 easy lessons. But not before they have a years holiday, loafing around sowing their seeds.
I mean sabbatical, studying the personal habits of the Dung Beetle, and then they think they can run this planet for us, whilst living on a completely different planet themselves. Then they choose to support the club that is winning the most. But never buy a ticket.

:005:
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

bog

Woolly, rest assured I mean nothing to do with either of them Arses. Mind you I went to a game at Highbury about 20 years ago and on the way to the ground they were trying to sell their club fanzine (not a patch on ours!) by shouting.... 'Up the Arrs Up the Arrs get your Up the Arrs here...'

White Horse Oils. I will never forget the time aged about 14 attending to a groin strain by swamping some on and the residue spreading to a very delicate area....I have not known pain like it ever since....other than sinking to 91st in the old League 4.  :022: :dft011:

092.gif

snarks

I was listening the other week on the day when Sheffield Utd won promotion, so there was a Sheffield fan waiting on the line and a Liverpool fan and an Arsenal fan. The bloke hosting the show said, given as it's such a big day today, we'll talk to Fred who's an Arsenal fan (they'd just lost I think) I mean really an arsenal fan as first call when there was a bloke waiting for a team that had just been promoted, yet they decided a team losing who still had 10 or so games to play was more important!! I turned off in disgust and haven't listened since. (Mr angry)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on April 24, 2017, 01:54:17 PM
Woolly, rest assured I mean nothing to do with either of them Arses. Mind you I went to a game at Highbury about 20 years ago and on the way to the ground they were trying to sell their club fanzine (not a patch on ours!) by shouting.... 'Up the Arrs Up the Arrs get your Up the Arrs here...'

White Horse Oils. I will never forget the time aged about 14 attending to a groin strain by swamping some on and the residue spreading to a very delicate area....I have not known pain like it ever since....other than sinking to 91st in the old League 4.  :022: :dft011:

092.gif

Yes Bog, the good old White Horse Oils, I have had the same misfortune as you, and I echo your sentiments regarding the discomfort, made my eyes water, and I had to sleep in a hammock for a month.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Snarks, faffing typical! Snobs all. I bet the United fan went mad.

Woolly A hammock aye? Me floor boards ever since.

092.gif